Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Lightscribe Software?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.3

Lightscribe Software?

Postby Driver » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:56 pm

There are only a couple of things left that I still have Windows around for. One of them is for burning "labels" to the front of Lightscribe CD/DVD media. I haven't found an app (for UE2.3 or Ubuntu) that burns lightscribe labels.

I read that there is an app that does this for Mandriva and other RPM-based distros. I have also read (vaguely) that I can use an app called Alien to convert it to a DEB package but first I wanted to see if there is something (that I can just add to my repository list and select) designed for our distro.

Anyone?
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Lightscribe Software?

Postby Cell » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm

RED-Team would be one to pm.I think he's a dev working on that project.
-------------------------------
hardware
--------------------------------
Dfi lanparty ut rdx200cf-dr
amd athlon 64 fx55 oc 2.9
2xvisiontek x1600xt gamers ed.
3 gig kingston hyperx mem
hauppauge win tv go tuner
pinnacle ultimate hd hybrid usb tuner
1 western hd 100 gig drive
1 western hd 160 gig drive
1 western hd 5 gig drive
1 usb hd 150 gig
1 usb hd 1 terabyte
--------------------
OS/Distros
--------------------
PhatDebian 1.0
StonerEdition 2.0
Ultimate Edition 2.4 Gamer Ed.
Mythbuntu 9.10
windows XP MCE remastered with Nlite
Windows 7 remastered with Vlight
----------------------------------------------------------
We are all connected;
To each other, biologically
To the earth, chemically
To the rest of the universe atomically-deGrasse Tyson
Cell
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Postby Driver » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 pm

Looks like I picked a bad time - is that a scent of UE2.4 on the wind? :lol:

Speaking of which:
Since I cannot afford to send a donation for server fees or to help compensate TheeMahn and the ULTIMATE crew, I intend to burn a copy of UE2.4 for each of my local public libraries, try to make/find a nice Lightscribe disc image for them, and print up some kind of envelope or cd-case cover.

I will also, once I see an official .torrent for UE2.4, download it with my desktop and when my download is complete, leave it seeding(?) for the next 24*7 hours to help spread it. Small gesture I know but it's all I can think of.

Cell, I thank you for the suggestion to PM RED-Team but unless he/she sees this thread and chooses to respond I will wait a week or so to send the PM so that that user can play with the soon-to-be-released OS.
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby kiwinsn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey Driver

Check this link out:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2775&start=10

I know TheeMahn posted instructions on the board a whil ago...can't find them at the moment...but they are there.

Have a good look around.....

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 am

Admin-Amir

Postby red_team316 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for being on top of things Blackwolf.

Driver,
Lacie Lightscribe Labeler is a very decent and simple program that does the job. As far as I know, it is the best(of only two) Lightscribe labelers for Linux. HP has a simple lightscribe labeler on their site that handles only text. I always use Lacie if I intend to produce a professional looking label.

The main thing with Lacie is that you will want to use their CD/DVD template and produce a graphic of the final product using GIMP/Pixel/Photoshop/etc... once that is done, the actual burning process is dead easy.

The actual binary/executable is for 32-bit but it will work fine on 64-bit systems. It just takes a little more effort. Take a look at the info BlackWolf posted.

I posted a bash script a while back that automates the installation and installs menu entries for Gnome and KDE. If I remember correctly, the thread was in the graphics subforum.

HP also provides a Linux Lightscribe SDK on their website, but the download is in rpm format, so you will need alien to extract/install it if you plan on doing any dev work.
Core i7 920(working on a decent OC), x58 ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 6GB DDR3 1600, EVGA 8800GTS512, Silencer 750W PSU, CoolerMaster V8, Red Antec900
red_team316
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.3