Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

usplash 1.04,gdm script and sounds -SOLVED

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.1

usplash 1.04,gdm script and sounds -SOLVED

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Hello guys and gals I have a couple of questions about usplash maker 1.04,the make gdm script and startup sound ,I hope you can help this newbie !
#1 I have been using TheeMahn's usplash maker 1.04 and works great but all of a sudden there is what appears to be a dialogue box (no dialogue in it) that is at the bottom of the usplash screen. I would like very much not to have that in my usplash screens , do you know of anyway to fix this ?
#2 when i try to use "make gdm" script it starts out with name,author and description,but then comes back with "a newer version of script detected ,updated please rerun script" and then starts all over again ,how can i fix this? and lastly(for now :lol: )@me :D
#3 at log on, is there some kind of tweak for the length of time, for the vocal-wav's,all systems operational and system activated ? as these fall short and i get "all systems operate , system act,on my mac g3 (yes mac g3!),
these are flawless and it's really impressive ! anything come to mind ? is this a general system tweak or may be you need more info on my rig.? Thanks for your time
Johnnyg
Last edited by JOHNNYG on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: usplash 1.04,gdm script and sounds

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Ok ; given enough time all things work out! and I have answered my own questions :P
#1 as for the box in usplash maker 1.04 ; you have to open the TUM data.tar.gz,open workinprogress folder,open usplash-theme-ubuntu.c. scroll down till you see "text box and text details" left click and drag (I do it from bottom to top) to just below "progress bar_height" and delete,be sure to leave a space between "progress_bar and */functions" do this for all resolutions , and hit save , and the next time you use usplash maker 1.04 the box will be gone! ALSO ! if you want to change the position of the progress bar,find progress bar X and Y for your resolution, X is left and right, Y is up and down.. X the higher the number it goes to the right,the lower the number it goes to the left. for Y ,the higher the number the lower it goes the lower the number the higher it goes! example ; at 1024X768 if you change X to 400 and Y to 650 the bar will be at the bottom middle of the screen; @1024x768 X to 675 and Y to 15 will put the bar at the top right hand side of the screen,after you make these changes each time hit save ! maybe i will write a complete tute on it! whadaya say!
#2 GDM maker script ,through trial and error and sifting through the TECHIE crap on line :lol:, I found how to do it myself! still, I would like a nice little script to do it for me! :D
#3 system sounds to short! fixed !!!.... if your system sounds get cut short at log on , go to http://gnome-look.org/ and look in system sounds, I have re-mastered the sounds to work correctly ,there are 3 posts there! <BREW> SOLVED !
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.1