Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.2

Ultimate Edition 2.2 has been released

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm

07/10/09: I have not set Ultimate Edition 2.3 thread "hot", however we have beta testers testing it. Do not think it ends there. While they were busy, enjoying Ultimate Edition 2.3; bugs few and far between. I have been building a new Ultamatix, let me inform you a huge adjustment is coming & not just in Ultamatix. I bought another repo to split Ultimate Edition users from Ultamatix users and why "the repo" is down. Huge adjustments are coming. Please bare with me. I am still not final in my plans, please advise if you can see what I see. I know I have dumped stats out, I can only split so much. My wallet is also getting thin. No, I will not except a donation of $. Bandwidth on a high level all day long. :)

What is going to happen when Ultimate Edition 2.4 hits the net? I will be straight with you the fastest O/S I have ever seen Alpha at this point. It will be a "windows" killer. Quote me on that. Won't matter because I won't be able to stay up long enough ;) How many websites do I own? I can handle about 38,000 a site per day before hit in the mouth. Worry about it every release. Sorry. Never digg me ;) BTW does not look like the screenshots below...

06/23/09: Work has begun on Ultimate Edition 2.3; just a couple spoilers for you...
23.png
Ultimate Edition 2.3 Theme work in progress...

widgets.png
theme widgets

Ultimate Edition 2.3 will be built off Ultimate Edition 2.2 with KDE, XFCE & XBMC with a new "theme".
Perhaps a video of me installing the theme pack on a raw copy of Ubuntu in a virtual machine. Do I ever sleep? ;) All Subject to change.

Main Webpage with download links, torrent & mirrors. Please use torrent the servers at least the ones I own have been taking a beating, distrowatch homepage may have something to do with it ;)

06/15/09: Both Ultimate Edition 2.2 32 bit & 64 bit are done; the 64 bit is uploading as I type this. It will probably be a day or 2 until the public gets their hands on it (testing & setting up mirrors).

Enjoy,

TheeMahn

Sorry for the delay. No I am not dead, nor is Ultimate Edition. I am uploading Ultimate Edition 2.2 for beta testers to try and break ;) I thought a few screenshots, O.K. a screencast as well. Please note all subject to change:

4.png
Initial screen

1.png
Partitioning

2.png
Installing

3.png
Installation complete

gdm.png
GDM

ue.png
Bye bye Ubuntu?

acc.png
Accessories

media.png
Sound & Video would take 2 screenshots ;)

testing4.png
Internet.. no shortage of tools

Ultamatix, dead I think not ;)
Screenshot.png
Jaguar?

My admin / beta testers have spoke the screenshots are now wrong ;) I have also adjusted the theme pack for Ultimate Edition 2.2... Please wait it is not final. The apps are also adjusted mandvd comes to mind... it is broken perhaps someone should file a report I do not have the time. Is it my job?

It bothers me my admin wants me to "write" a O/S that does not care what architecture (32 / 64) you run. That would be the first :) Can it be done yes, will I do so? I will have to say no. I have said the word pioneer, but not in this department. O.K. call me a rebel ;)

Best regards,

TheeMahn
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.2 Work in progress...

Postby TriTon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:50 am

I'm in and I await anxiously to be able to use version 2.2 of Ultimate ... :D
You as always, doing a great job. :o
Congratulations! <BREW>
TriTon
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby mgc1952 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 am

Its looking good. Patiently waiting to get my hands on it. I was happy with Jaunty 64bit because they finally got the wifi working out of the box, Should be ecstatic with 2.2

thanks as always for your hard and diligent work

Mark
Toshiba L305D-S5881, 2GHZ AMD Turion X2 64, 3MB RAM, 200GB Hardrive, Writeable DVD/CD ROM, ATI Radeon Graphics,15" LCD, Ultimate Edition 2.8 32 bit
mgc1952
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby vicanguera » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:07 am

Will be too much to ask if u pre install Chromium??? :D
vicanguera
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby DarkChild » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Question to TheeMahn about "KDE 4.2.4" I want to know if Ultimate Edition 2.2 will be released with the new KDE 4.2.4 environment like what you did with 2.1?

Thanks in advance ;)
CPU Type: TripleCore AMD Athlon II X3 440, 2982 MHz (15 x 199)
Motherboard: ECS GF8200A (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN)
Motherboard Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 8200, AMD K10
System Memory: 6GB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter: XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1GB
Audio Adapter: ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV710/730/740 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter nVIDIA MCP78 - High Definition Audio Controller
1 WD Caviar Green 1TB HD SATA
2 Sata Local Disk: 250GB/200GB
2 IDE HD: 80GB
Hanns.G 22" Wide Screen Monitor
Speakers: Logitech LS21 7 watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System
ENCORE 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter
Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
LG CD/DVD Writer 22X
BIOS Type: AMI (05/19/09)

DarkChild
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby tinkerbell » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:44 am

glad you are back, theemahn, 60 days for missing a payment is pretty harsh, at least your back and doing the things you like <BREW>
and like everyone else i am looking forward to 2.2 :D
tinkerbell
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby Murali Krishna » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:44 am

Welcom back thee with big bang U E 2.2 hope to see the release soon
Murali Krishna
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:30 pm

i am pissed off over xorg no longer supporting ATI as a #1. USB issues with my board resolved:
none.png
No driver?

Even cutting edge? I will build the usplash again, but look for failure. I have built it on my ol ladys machine & failed; she runs nvidia. I should point out usplash source I have yanked on the net also fails... only to find out I have written portions of it.

Usplash is the only issue I approach & will resolve. Once I find where the issue lays I will re-write the source to detect as which so there is never an issue again. Yes I will release my source. Next time I will not have to fix it ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Hey TheeMahn welcome back im sorry to here about the delay but at least its over and done with <BREW>

can't wait for 2.2 i've had some problems with my ati drivers as well hopefully ati will make better drivers in the future

cheers <BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby neztiti » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:29 pm

we wait for it our hero - thank you man
neztiti
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.1 64 BIT

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.2