Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Compiz Fusion - Super Compiz

Compiz Fusion - Super Compiz

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:19 am

I have been trying the new compiz fusion (git built). I suggest everyone to check it out, it has some nice features such as the zoom magnifier seen below, there are many more beyond that, It seems quite stable I have opened a special repo just for it I do not want to force it on all users. If no problems are seen from any of you I will add it to my main repo and everyone will get upgraded.

How to add the eyecandy repo:

Code: Select all
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

add the following save and exit:
deb http://repoubuntusoftware.info/Eyecandy/ gutsy all

Terminal:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

If it complains about broken packages...
sudo apt-get install -f

Enjoy the new features, it has been stable here thus far.
Screenshot-3.png
Zoom Magnifier in new compiz

Screenshot-4.png
Zoom Magnifier (Fisheye)

Screenshot-5.png
Magnifying Glass

Screenshot-7.png
Show Mouse plugin

If you do not have it already installed it can be installed with the following:
sudo apt-get install compiz* emerald compiz-fusion-plugins-main compizconfig-settings-manager  compiz-fusion-plugins*

I thought I would also share a script that will add a bunch of new plugins for Compiz Fusion, to install / build theses plugins you need to have all sources open, system administration software sources check them all including backports on the third tab & enter the following in a terminal:
 wget http://ubuntusoftware.info/scripts/supercompiz.tar.gz
tar xfv supercompiz.tar.gz
cd supercompiz
./supercompiz.sh

This will build / compile and install the following additional plugins: 3d, atlantis, atlantis2, fireflies, freewins-0.3-0.6, photowheel, screensaver, snow, snowglobe, stars-0.6 & tile. As always the source quite simple :) Be sure you have all repos enabled...
#!/bin/bash
# Grab tools
sudo apt-get install compiz-bcop compiz-dev build-essential libxcomposite-dev libpng12-dev libsm-dev libxrandr-dev libxdamage-dev libxinerama-dev libstartup-notification0-dev libgconf2-dev librsvg2-dev libdbus-1-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev libgnome-desktop-dev x11proto-scrnsaver-dev libxss-dev libxslt1-dev libtool
cd 3d
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd atlantis
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd atlantis2
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd fireflies
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd freewins-0.3-0.6
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd photowheel
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd screensaver
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd snow
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd snowglobe
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd stars-0.6
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
cd tile
make clean
make
make install
make clean
cd ..
echo Operation successful, enjoy!!! TheeMahn

The Fireflies can be quite annoying :)
snapshot3.png
All effects enabled

Enjoy!!!

EDIT: At your own risk!!! I have found some really nice plugins for compiz fusion I thought I would share this is git you build. First I start with the script I wrote:
#!/bin/bash
#detect and fully utilize the processor(s)
CORES=1
CORES=$(cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l)
#Grab & extract plugins
#download animations plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/animation.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Animations Plugins..."
tar xfv animation.tar.gz
#Maze plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/maze.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Maze Plugin..."
tar xfv maze.tar.gz
#static plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/compiz-plugins-static-0.0+git20080514.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Static Plugin..."
tar xfv compiz-plugins-static-0.0+git20080514.tar.gz
for i in `ls -d */` ; do
echo "Compiling $i";
cd $i ;
make -j$CORES install | zenity --progress --pulsate --auto-close --width=500 --title="Compiling $i plugin";
make clean ;
cd .. ;
done

This will add 3 plugins animations (with helix & others), maze & static. I thought I would also take the time to explain the script line by line, I am all about education. There is a 100% GUI version in works it is huge and many bugs to work out. Copied & pasted from admin section of this forum:

Baphomet wrote:And for those (of us) that don't read "script" could there be a short, brass-tacks, translation please?

Sure I will do so (the short one anyways, all day process on the other)...

#!/bin/bash

This is a header telling nix how to interpret the script in question, i.e. perl etc. In this case bash.

#detect and fully utilize the processor(s)
CORES=1
CORES=$(cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor | wc -l)

I came up with this and can not understand why others do not utilize this technology, maybe they don't know how... Anyways what this does is assigns $CORES a value of one (default), then checks to see how many cpus you have by greping the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo in my case $CORES gets assigned the value of 4 (will be used later).

#Grab & extract plugins
#download animations plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/animation.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Animations Plugins..."
tar xfv animation.tar.gz
#Maze plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/maze.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Maze Plugin..."
tar xfv maze.tar.gz
#static plugin
wget http://repoubuntusoftware.info/scripts/ ... 514.tar.gz 2>&1 | sed -u 's/.*\ \([0-9]\+%\)\ \+\([0-9.]\+\ [KMB\/s]\+\)$/\1\n# Downloading \2/' | zenity --window-icon=/usr/share/ultimate/ubuntu_ico.png --width=600 --height=100 --progress --auto-close --title="Downloading Static Plugin..."
tar xfv compiz-plugins-static-0.0+git20080514.tar.gz

This will download 3 files from my repo, pipe the output to zenity to show progress and download speed to the end user, then extract these files.

for i in `ls -d */` ; do
echo "Compiling $i";
cd $i ;
make -j$CORES install | zenity --progress --pulsate --auto-close --width=500 --title="Compiling $i plugin";
make clean ;
cd .. ;
done

This will pipe the out put of ls -d (directories) and assign the variable $i the value of this directory, it then cd (change directory) $i, compile the plugin using maximum number of cores assigned earlier (faster) output piped to zenity to show progress. Steps back a directory and continues onto the next plugin... This is a smarter way to do it then hard coding cd blah blah, simply because I can add as many plugins I would like to the top & it automatically gets compiled.

I suppose I did not take the time to explain the $CORES the statement make (compiler) the switch -j4 (in my case) means it will run 4 parallel processes to "get it done", this does not make a huge difference with small plugins but does when the big picture is seen as the bigger script. I won't say it takes 1/4 of the time as some may think 4 cores more like 1/3.

I hope this has been informative.

TheeMahn
Attachments
snapshot1.png
snapshot2.png
Screenshot-8.png
Last edited by TheeMahn on Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Created Eyecandy repo
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Compiz Fusion

Postby Zero Prime » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:12 am

Sweet, it works great and it is so nice to finally have the unsupported extra plugins.
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Windows 7 64bit / Ultimate Edition 2.5
AMD Phenom 945 3.0Ghz Quad core
Foxconn A7GM-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby cowboy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Huh for some reason my Compiz Conf. Mngr. didn't change, it loaded OK with no errors??
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:22 pm

cowboy wrote:Huh for some reason my Compiz Conf. Mngr. didn't change, it loaded OK with no errors??

Did it build / install ok as it did so? I found the problem it is ./supercompiz.sh, changing original post, please try again. The USplash maker is now done as well Enjoy fellas. I will forewarn if the name of the folder for example has spaces in it, it wont work for example /media/BigBitch/Christmas/--==-- Wallpapers --==-- fails... A ton of .so files with the quickness ;) I may re-write in solid c and allow changing of the progress bar as well as placement, way down the road I assure you.
Attachments
snapshot4.png
Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Zero Prime » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 pm

Mine did the same at first, then I tried again by first using the first set of commands and then entering the source code. That worked flawlessly.
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby cowboy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:06 pm

Lol..That is why they call you TheeMahn, been a long night for me..first code forgot to hit enter, before running the second code :oops: , All in all everything loaded great..do not have enough ump to run all the effects at the same time, but it is nice to have them...advice do not turn off Window Decoration.. :oops: ,thought I really messed up everything until I realized what I had done..lol ;)
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby TheeMahn » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:08 pm

cowboy wrote:Lol..That is why they call you TheeMahn, been a long night for me..first code forgot to hit enter, before running the second code :oops: , All in all everything loaded great..do not have enough ump to run all the effects at the same time, but it is nice to have them...advice do not turn off Window Decoration.. :oops: ,thought I really messed up everything until I realized what I had done..lol ;)

Know what you mean, I enabled them all and it maxed out 1 CPU, Quad core in my near future ;)

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby drama » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:19 pm

WOW...thankx a ton. i heard about these plugins a few days ago...mainly the fireflies just never knew how to get them. thankx 10x.

p.s. thee mahn...anyway i can get you to share a few of ur walls. 14bwallpaper liquid-ubuntu uuesfera and BLUE U. id be interested in those 4. if not that is ok too. sorry if these have already been posted. thankx in advance. cheers :-)
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Zero Prime » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:24 am

Like I said earlier, I love this package. Of course this comes with a but...I can't get the compiz screensaver to work. It's there and I enabled it, but I get no flying windows or spinning cube as a screensaver. It just never activates.
HIS ATI 4670 1Gig
6GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Seagate 250gig HD
Thermaltake Xaser V case
Zero Prime
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby kiwinsn » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Is there anywhere (or anyone) that can give a complete noob step by step instructions on setting Compiz-Fusion up so I get the rotating cube,especially what triggers the cube to spin, as well as the other effects like flames or wobbles or naked girls (maybe?) when windows close?

Cheers
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Next

Return to Compiz Fusion and Beryl