Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

update/upgrade

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

update/upgrade

Postby arizray » Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 pm

When I installed 3.2 the update prompted me to upgrade to 12.04. Should I do that? :?:
arizray
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: update/upgrade

Postby billhedrick » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:00 pm

no... Ultimate Edition is customized so much that upgrading will break things.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 am

I have done so sucessfully on clawhammer, my laptop. You milage may very, please be prepared to re-install if things go afoul.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby patriot2135 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:43 am

arizray wrote:When I installed 3.2 the update prompted me to upgrade to 12.04. Should I do that? :?:

billhedrick wrote:no... Ultimate Edition is customized so much that upgrading will break things.

Does this also apply to allowing the update process??

Because, if updating breaks it them I'm afraid that I may have just "screwed the pooch" as it were.
After reading these two posts I am a little concerned....
After installing I too was ask if I wanted to upgrade to 12.04. I declined the upgrade however, (and here's where I think I may have gone wrong) when ask to install 200 + updates I selected yes. I watched the update activity (as I always do) and noticed that the process removed A LOT!!! of pre-installed packages and now there are several things that just don't work. One item (of less consequence) that the update process removed was the Screensavers.
I could go on about the errant behavior since I chose to update after install but it would equate to a small novel I'm afraid.
Now, I have no problem re-installing if that is the easiest way to fix this issue or, is there a way to roll-back to the original install? To undo the update?
On that note....I prefer the Terminal for any work that I have to do. I just feel like I have more control. The only problem with that is that I am still learning the commands (I'm a noob) and need a little spoon feeding :oops: when it comes to making changes, repairs, upgrades, etc. through the Terminal.

Any help with this issue is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Ultimate Edition is an awesome OS as far as I can tell, at this point anyhow. I am coming over from Ubuntu 11.10 to Ultimate Edition because of how feature rich Ultimate Edition is. Well done Ultimate Edition Team!! Well done! :winner :winner
LINUX--
It's wondrous -- with treasures
to satiate desires both subtle
and gross -- but it is not for the
timid.
-'Q'-
40 gig. ATA Model - ST340014A HDD
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440/PCI/SSE2 64MB Video Adapter
A machine ahead of its time. (30 years ago)
patriot2135
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2