Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

64bit hopeless But this is Amazing

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

64bit hopeless But this is Amazing

Postby Eveready » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 am

I have tried using the 64bit 3.2 version on 2 different PCś & 2 different graphics cards on 1 pc (a Nvidia & Radeon) & its harsh & slow to get anything to load or use & thats if it does end up loading anything , & its still the same on every desktop I login to wether its Gnome or shell . It gets to the stage where Once you click on something it then freezes except the mouse can still work but wont open anything or open menu when right clicking or takes a long time to open an app until it seems to become toatally useless. I have tried different drivers including the Nvidia driver,vesa etc.
I decided to try & install the distro & was able to after a bit of toiling to see if worked better but was the same.
¨Now for the amazing part ! ,I decided to try logging in as root to see if there was a difference & then found it seemed to work normally & then I decided to see if I could login as a normal user if I installed a lighter desktop like Fluxbox & found it worked. But if I try & login to any of the desktops it came preloaded with as a user that it is hopeless.
Any Idea why I can use the desktops only by Root & can only use a user to login if its a light desktop like fluxbox. I also should note that I decided to try KDE & found its the same & I have tried addiing different users.
I tried reburning as well & I thought I saw it say that it was a good .iso somewhere during bootup but not sure if thats what it meant.
In other words you cannot use the main desktops as a normal user\ although I did one time get kde working for awhile but not since.

I meant to add that I tried turning off Desktop effects at startup in KDE from systemsettings but still the same
Eveready
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: 64bit hopeless But this is Amazing

Postby Eveready » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 am

I found that I can now use a user after right clicking the Compiz icon & using metacity instead of compiz but I would like to be able to use compiz. Also I am wondering if compiz should be loaded by default or if there should be something written at boot option letting people know that if the desktop isnt working properly that you may need to turn off compiz as it seemed to of failed on 2 of my pcś & took me days to work this out & if I didnt find a way to install fluxbox by logging in as root that I feel I would of had to give up as right clicking on the compiz icon as a normal user from gnome seems to of been waste of time & could only do it from fluxbox with a toolbar or panel it seemed.
AnyWay I will try installing the 3d radeon driver if theres one & see if compiz works Ok then.
Eveready
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.8 Gamers

Re: 64bit hopeless But this is Amazing

Postby Heinlein » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:42 pm

I could not get 3.2 64 to install either, so I went with 2.9 64. No issues yet.
2xL5420 2.5GHz Xeons
Intel S5000PSL with 8GB
GTX 460
Logitech G15/R.A.T. 5
HANNS-G 27.5" LCD
Heinlein
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2