Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Has Everyone Forgotten 3.01?

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: Has Everyone Forgotten 3.01?

Postby TBABill » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I went with 3.2 from 2.6.5 because Gnome 3 is the future ahead unless a new, better DE comes along. I loved Gnome 2 but not sticking with it because everything based on Debian will soon carry Gnome 3 so I figure I may as well adapt. Thee did a great job with 3.2 and uses far less resources than 3.0 (not sure about 3.01). I also had quirky wireless even with 2.6.5, Ubuntu 10.04, Ubuntu 11.10 and Mint 12. Ultimate Edition 3.2 resolved it and my wireless is faster than on Win 7 now.
TBABill
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm

synirgy87 - what do you like about the 64-bit that 32-bit doesn't give? I have always been told that if you don't have a reasonable amount of RAM over 4Gb it ain't worth the effort of using.

Just curious about people's reasons for using one or the other.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby synrgy87 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:26 pm

fair question, the 64bit os have always seemed to run snappier on my system and have just felt better hard to explain, 3.0.1 runs great but 12.04 64bit again feels fater , i run on 8GB of ram and like to make use of it.

i like forward motion and just feel its better running 64bit os then 32bit with pxe.
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby TBABill » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Phoronix compared Ubuntu kernels, one each of 32 bit, 32 bit PAE and 64 bit. 64 bit won in every comparison and PAE lost in nearly every one in terms of speed. I run 64 on all my machines capable of using it.
TBABill
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2