Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Network problems

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Network problems

Postby Infam0us » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 am

I installed U.E 3.2 today and i must say that i love it (there are a few annoying glitches but for the most part it's great). I also love all of the visual effects, it's very cool. So far i have not regretted leaving Windows. I have pretty big issue, I can't seem to be able to connect to the internet (Wired connection), i am running the 64bit version and i installed via USB. When i go to the network icon on the panel it says no connection, and i noticed that the led status light on my ethernet port is not on but the problem is only with U.E because although i wiped windows, i have puppy linux on my usb (which is how i'm writing this) and the internet works fine and the led status light on the ethernet port turns on when i'm on puppy. I've tried gnome, gnome classic, & XBMC and no connection. I even reinstalled U.E 3.2 (x64) and i still have the same problem. Now i'm new to linux and so maybe there is something that i am not doing? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Network problems

Postby Billie Cowie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:14 am

Don't know what's going on there with the Internet connection, but I think it's only an issue with 3.2.
Ultimate Edition 3.0.1/2.9, etc have no reported issues.
It could be the USB install perhaps?
Different installation procedures sometimes cause different glitches.
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby Infam0us » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Billie Cowie wrote:Don't know what's going on there with the Internet connection, but I think it's only an issue with 3.2.
Ultimate Edition 3.0.1/2.9, etc have no reported issues.
It could be the USB install perhaps?
Different installation procedures sometimes cause different glitches.

It could very well be the usb install, I will burn to a dvd later on and report the results. Thanks for replying Billie Cowie.
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Infam0us » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Unfortunately networking doesn't work. Not even from the live CD. It's a little frustrating, wish i can just download network drivers and install them but thats not how it works in Linux. I even re downloaded the x64 iso and burned it again but nothing. This is very frustrating, Is there anything i can do?
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Infam0us » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 am

Seems like the problem is that U.E 3.2 doesn't wanna play nice with my integrated broadcom card (thanks hipdad in irc) to. Anything i can do to fix this?
Infam0us
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby brute » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 am

I am having the same issue. No network connections found. I think it is the motherboard. It is an Asus M5A78al-M LX
Works ok on Beta 1 Kubuntu just find....but not previous stable version so my guess is its a kernel thing.
brute
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby boredsilly » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Same problem here, I also with a broadcom card on a dell xps1645 notebook. I've had linux mint/ubuntu running fine on here not sure what's up with the wireless, couldn’t get it to be recognised even on live cd boot.
boredsilly
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2