Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

UE3.2 has 6 D/E... but can only use Gnome Classic -XBMC

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 3.2

Re: UE3.2 has 6 D/E... but can only use Gnome Classic -XBMC

Postby delicadaz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:25 am

heh billie, nice screenies mate, funny you mention that OS, i was over on the israeli site a few days ago, but couldnt figure out how to download it................ i will have to sign up i suppose............... but i am over this 11.10 stuff ..... i want some 12.04 LTS............... waiting on Black Opal ............... but as much as i love testing OS's on my spare partitions ..................... im over it all .......................... i have 3 machines, i want a different LTS on each one and i want a simple easy to use and look at one for all my older converts./ Clients !!! ..................
but unless a miracle happens it won't be a Ultimate Edition and that makes me very very sad coz i love how rock solid stable Ultimate Edition 2.6 is
but i aalso think i am over all the compiz special effects Gnome looks and works great with cairo dock and dual monitors............. but so does kde
Unity is ok ........... but still needs more polish

i dont mind tiling managers either

anyways catch ya round Billie................was wonderin where you went...........hope you had a good last day of winter

DD
delicadaz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 am

Kids, let's cool the rhetoric here. Also, if you can, use real punctuation rather than exaggerated emotive caps and periods.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Maelstrom » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:06 am

delicadaz wrote:
megaptera wrote:Have you tried this " .... please tolerate the installation of Ultimate Edition 3.2 utilizing Gnome as your default environment. Boot back into gnome for the last time. Right click your fusion icon in the tray. PLEASE SELECT METACITY as your default manager, trying to save you the headache prior. Then right click again goto settings manager and enable unity plugin." From TheeMahn here: viewtopic.php?f=99&t=7542

Mate ............ god you make me laugh........did you read my post ................ TWICE i clearly state that i followed Theemahns instructions ............

and now i have even gone against his instructions ..................... nothing changes

except that i have only 2 desktops now..... so cube is a 2 sided flat panel .......... and nothing i do is giving me back my desktops .......... even tho compiz and the desktop notifier in bottom panel and in my Cairo dock ALL say i have 4 desktops.

AND UE3.2 theme has just disappeared and i am in ambience theme............ i did nothing for that to happen

GNOME DOES NOT WORK AT ALL just wall paper and ext. HDD icon on screen ................nothing else at all

COMPIZ keeps crashing and NO notifier appears

I have completely INSTALLED this again and the same things are happening AGAIN

I have tested this for about 3 hrs and here is the BOTTOM LINE

Normal UE3.2 64 bit Gnome classic ......... is great, Very fast..all drivers self installed ......... seems to be EXCELLENT

Gnome / Ubuntu environments are NOT GOOD and once you have tried to use these, it BORKS the whole system

There is nothing smooth and easy about this bug filled, crash riddled embarrassment of an OS
This lasted for 1 nite of messing around/ testing / trying it out Ultimate Edition 3.2

Someone needs to say this out very loud

TheeMahn

Whilst i appreciate all the hard work you have put into these Linux Operating Systems over the years....... and i fully relate to the difficulties life has thrown your way of late and i am very grateful for what you have produced for free over the years

BUT

Ultimate Edition 3.0 , Ultimate Edition 3.0.1 , Ultimate Edition 3.2 Have all been well below the standard you set in earlier releases

Ultimate Edition 2.6 is such a rock solid stable release where everything works AWESOME

BUT Seriously dude, the Ultimate Edition 3 series have simply been NOT GOOD

Mixing D/E 's has been a huge mistake and continuing to **** around / fight against 11.10 ... AGAIN ...... is simply a waste of time

Moebius has a testbed 11.10 OS that has Gnome and Ubuntu and Classic and CairoDock and XBMC and his works beautifully ............. i have 2 screens, UBUNTU on left screen and a cairo dock on bottom of RH screen and it works beautifully ............. same when i set Gnome 3 as D/E

if you hate Unity change to OpenSuse or Debian

you have a team around you, do you listen to any of them
are these people your friends or just butt kissin / yes men
someone should have given you a good bitch slappin months ago
As The Rock says ."BOOTS TO ASSES"
and thats what you need ........ a good wake up call

its better to produce NOTHING ......NOTHING............. than to produce sub standard NOT GOOD

I say all of this as a LOVER of Ultimate Edition, as someone who openly promotes your distro on Facebook, Google +, Twitter and a whole bunch of forums and blogs and social media ..........including ubuntuforums.org
I have kept the faith and believed you would pull thru lifes turmoil ................... but alas you are obviously still struggling........
I do not say all this to insult you, but in the hope you will wake up

Sincerely, Darren Moore

and i sign my name so as not to hide behind any sig......... I stand to be accountable for what i say and believe in

For are you a man ........ or just the ghost of one

Edited by board administration. REMOVED OFFENDING WORDS

This is IDENTICAL to my experience. It took me 4 tries to even get the install to work. It crashed 3 times in a row. I had to kill all nono-necessary items, like radiotray and such. AND, manually set up partitions. I could not use existing linux ext4 and swap. I am running Kubuntu 11.10 and have NO problems. I am thoroughly disappointed, as I loved UE2.9 and accepted the 3.0 difficulties as "growing pains, staying w/2.9 till now.
Theemahn, I know you are good at what you do, and can fix this as well. Thanks for inspiring us all, and giving us what you have. This just needs some help I think.

If it helps, here is my hardware... HP2000 laptop. 4GB/250GB linux partition. dual booting windows 7 (hey, I just got it, dont judge me ;) ) AMD dual core CPU, Radeon Graphics (3.2 did tell me there were non-free drivers for my graphics, so in my case, not weird hardware). wireless not an issue. but once I logged out of gnome classic and tried unity (shudder) or gnome 3, Unity would load ON TOP OF Gnome classic, even after reboot and selecting Classic. Very strange. Thanks.
UE3.5
HP2000 Laptop
AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
500 GB (dual boot w/M$7) 250GB each
4GB Ram
Maelstrom
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:25 am

hey I would say 90% of us dual boot. I am gonna try 3.2 on my old athlon4600+ machine and see how it works
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.2