Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help the dev team pick the apps in Ultimate Edition 3.3

Want to get to know who is part of the Ultimate Edition dev team ?
Like to know who does what ?

Help the dev team pick the apps in Ultimate Edition 3.3

Postby pclinuxguru » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Please list your wish list for Ultimate Edition 3.3 applications

Note : Ultimate Edition 3.3 UI has been set in stone and shall be

1. Gnome 3.2 classic for eye candy and general use

2. LXDE/openbox for lite weight UI needs

We will be keeping each as the following

Gnome will be metacity & compiz & emerald & GTK

LXDE will be openbox & GTK - NO compiz support built in.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Re: Help the dev team pick the apps in Ultimate Edition 3.3

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:21 am

Ok all here is what I did.

I built in a very large chunk of what yall have come to love from odd number builds for 3.3

Point of fact 200 applications

Mix of Gnome KDE and all around used apps etc.

there will be 5 to 10 themes

10 + walls

dual UI

It will be loaded out the gate for all.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby mrtech » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 am

Pigeon Palooza is a great flash game app for your handset.I have played Pigeon Palooza and I have enjoyed each time.It has good graphics with sound.You can download Pigeon Palooza in android mrketplace.
mrtech
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby mgjack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:43 pm

One thing often lacking in distros now is good laptop support and in particular power management. I realise that many users just use their desktops mainly but I find myself to now be just the opposite. My laptop under win 7 gets a life of up to about four hours which is pretty nice. I have tried many linux distros over the years and almost always as soon as i install all I have to do is lay my hand next to the air vent to know that I will be lucky to get hardly any battery life (very warm is not good, cool is). I have tried extending battery life by installing and setting parameters but none really come close to windows:) I realise that in this area windows has a big advantage but I do believe that the gap could be closed. For the smaller use items like this, one concept would be to do them like danger mouse did a long time back with autoten for Fedora. It was basically a small install program(probably script based) for the items might give trouble. This would keep those who does not need power management from having to put up with it. Since I have opened my mouth I am willing to help with what my limited knowledge can and in what ever way I can. I am very experienced at breaking things:)
mgjack
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby dougal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:54 am

This is an interesting topic. I run all my systems on laptops except one that I use infrequently at work. I have never thought about trying to do anything about saving battery power because I like my machines to act like desktops. As part of this I always run them using their respective mains supplies.
This old Vaio I have has a duff battery so it never runs without mains anyway.
The Dell Studio I sometimes run on battery power and always presumed that the settings I use made or broke the battery performance. The main reason for saying this is because I get no more battery life if I run Windows or Ultimate Edition.
For me the convenience in laptops is for using on my lap. I almost always use them within reach of a power outlet so there is very rarely a battery issue.
I sometimes use my wife,s Acer Netbook and the battery indicator doesn't seem to move much whether I'm in Windows or Linux.
I wonder as I read this topic if it is perhaps more to do with what applications are running in the OS you are using rather than the OS itself. I know if I use Firefox in either Windows or Ultimate Edition my harddisk is munching away quite a lot but, if I use Chrome (which I am doing more and more) I don't have the same issue. Obviously harddisk crunching is using power.
For me battery life isn't critical because of the way I use the machines. As batteries in general become more powerful and systems more efficient, I suppose one day I will use a laptop as a mobile phone and just plug it in at night. Till then though, the Grid is my friend and I never have to look at the battery icon...
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby mgjack » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:53 am

Maybe I should have been more to the point. Powertop is indeed installed with Ultimate Edition 3.0. Even with most of its suggestions the exhaust vent still has warm air. With windows it is almost completely cool. Then there is the problem of switching power usage back when you return to ac power. What would be nice is a applet or a desktop icon to switch back and forth seamlessly. Maybe my example is one of the more extreme. My laptop (lenovo y470) cpu is a intel i7-26300qm a quad dual core. I also have two display adapters, the intel one built in and a optional higher performance switch-able nvidia card. There is not as far as I know a easy way of changing things in linux. One thing powertop keeps suggesting is several kernel switches. I am not really thrilled about every kernel update having to recompile the kernel. It is certainly do-able I have ran gentoo before and also lfs. I guess I am just too lazy now. I do tend to run flat out when on ac power and pretty restricted on battery unless I need some thing more.
mgjack
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby tanmay.01 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:35 am

xpad is an alternative to tomboy notes
then virtual box

the most imp thing xbmc instead of movvida and some other
one can use it as a pvr by directly logging into xbmc session

i thnk unity should be the option as recent polls have show people like unity more than gnome 3 as the fallback mode is also not very good.(just a thought though as gnome2 the BEST)

and is 3.3 made by TheeMahn
or is it pclinuxguru making LinuxRegel.....? :? :(
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby billhedrick » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 am

On Unity, it's finally TheeMann's call and he (and I!) really dislikes Unity. Gnome 3 has a little more growing to do before I would want to use it on an every day basis. That being said, my money would be on Ultimate Edition 3.3 to have a Gnome 3.3 interface.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Martingail » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:10 am

I am Martin Gail. I love teaching, I have 7 years teaching experience in UK, Teaching Statistics to a wide range of students from Elementary level right through to PhD Students. Currently, I am providing my tutoring services at SPSS-Tutor. I have a kind and patient style of teaching and love to help and explain. I love reading when I have free time there is nothing better than reading a good science fiction novel. I have a bachelor and master degree in Statistics.
Martingail
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition Development Team