Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Are you a spammer?

Rules for posting...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Re: Are you a spammer?

Postby diablo10000 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 am

thank god someone's on top of this. don't worry Blackwolf , I'll be a good little boy :lol:

cheers mate <BREW>
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Blackwolf wrote:If so, don't bother!!!!!! We have a huge team of people capable of performing a range of admin tasks. If you spam, it'll be deleted before anyone sees it, your IP will be permanently banned and your account will be removed immediately.

Get a different hobby! Football, Fishing, a Girlfriend, are popular ones. :shock:

It seems "spam" needs further clarification.

This definition written by Blackwolf should make it easier to tell what is and isn't considered spam

This would be "a post made for the sole purpose of providing information about and/or links to commercial websites or other advertisements". Such posts will be deleted as soon as a moderator finds them.

Even if a post falls under this definition there are other criteria to be met for summarily banning the user. To be instantly banned as a spammer, the user must demonstrably have joined the forum for the sole purpose of posting spam message(s). This is considered proven if the post(s) were made on the day the spammer joined the forum, or if all posts made by the spammer are just for spamming.

There have been instances where long term members in good standing have added links to their signatures to sites they have found that they want to tell others about. If the site is commercial in nature (charges a fee for services or sells a product), it is considered spam. In a case like this, the member is sent a PM asking that they remove the link. If they do not remove it in reasonable time, the forum Administrator is asked to do a global edit on the member's posts and remove the link with an explanation of why it was done. Only if the member persists in replacing the spam link after all of this will (s)he be banned as a spammer.

I hope this makes the position of the forum moderators more clear in this. Just because a member calls a post or a group of posts spam does not make them spam for the purposes of deletion and banning under the forum rules.

You GO!!! ;) I did get a laugh,
Get a different hobby! Football, Fishing, a Girlfriend, are popular ones. :shock:
John told me this post has been here, sorry to catch the brunt ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am

If this spam $#!% continues, I am going to do a trace root and start re-formatting hard drives!
It's called hacking in lay man terms! I am not a vengeful person, however, if I feel threatened I will be proactive.
I'm against censorship. However links to perfume ads are annoying and counter productive!
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (10.85 KiB) Viewed 63673 times
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby diablo10000 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:32 pm

lmao now thats what i call spam lol
<BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby ryanvade » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:04 am

Blackwolf wrote:If so, don't bother!!!!!! We have a huge team of people capable of performing a range of admin tasks. If you spam, it'll be deleted before anyone sees it, your IP will be permanently banned and your account will be removed immediately.

It seems "spam" needs further clarification.

This definition written by Blackwolf should make it easier to tell what is and isn't considered spam

This would be "a post made for the sole purpose of providing information about and/or links to commercial websites or other advertisements". Such posts will be deleted as soon as a moderator finds them.

Even if a post falls under this definition there are other criteria to be met for summarily banning the user. To be instantly banned as a spammer, the user must demonstrably have joined the forum for the sole purpose of posting spam message(s). This is considered proven if the post(s) were made on the day the spammer joined the forum, or if all posts made by the spammer are just for spamming.

There have been instances where long term members in good standing have added links to their signatures to sites they have found that they want to tell others about. If the site is commercial in nature (charges a fee for services or sells a product), it is considered spam. In a case like this, the member is sent a PM asking that they remove the link. If they do not remove it in reasonable time, the forum Administrator is asked to do a global edit on the member's posts and remove the link with an explanation of why it was done. Only if the member persists in replacing the spam link after all of this will (s)he be banned as a spammer.

I hope this makes the position of the forum moderators more clear in this. Just because a member calls a post or a group of posts spam does not make them spam for the purposes of deletion and banning under the forum rules.

Show'em whos boss Blackwolf. Kick them out!!!! :P

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:06 pm

pch.shot wrote:If this spam $#!% continues, I am going to do a trace root and start re-formatting hard drives!
It's called hacking in lay man terms! I am not a vengeful person, however, if I feel threatened I will be proactive.
I'm against censorship. However links to perfume ads are annoying and counter productive!

I saw this a while back and it peed me off then and does now. It's pretty immature, if you ask me, to threaten people with hacking and formatting their harddrives. Yeah, I know how to do it also, but I sure don't go around threatening users with it. Another childish comment by someone who's made others and who I feel shouldn't be a mod. That's my thoughts on it.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 pm

I think threatening to hack and take down someones systems is much worse than spamming. I am quite sure banning would be adequate. We should be about promoting and improving the Linux platform for the end user, not teaching the end user that they need to learn how to hack in order to use a system safely.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Rules - please read before you join.