Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Paypal and donations

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Paypal and donations

Postby Acaster » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Dug out my debit card this morning and clicked on the donation link only to find a paypal site on the end of it.

Me and paypal have never got along. They can't even send me emails in my own language. Is there any other way to donate?
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: Paypal and donations

Postby Acaster » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 am

You guys seem to have all the donations you need

i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby billhedrick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:23 am

hmmm that's an odd observation. You know that internet costs never stop or go down don't you?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Acaster wrote:You guys seem to have all the donations you need

Acaster I would not go that far, I recently paid for another year of hosting that was due this month. Extortion, I tell you the cost of hosting this year is three, yes you read that right 3 times as much as it was last year. It gave me alot to think about. Moving a website to another service provider a possible solution would cut costs, however what about the month of my time involved in resetting up the mysql databases, re-uploading 100's of Gigs of data etc. etc. I just said bend over and take it. I also purchased completly seperate hosting and 2 domains http://uebuilder.com/ and http://os-builder.com/ under construction ATM for the upcoming tool tmosb. Why? I do not want the strain in which that tool will encure effecting Ultimate Edition users.

How about domain names? I have 9 of the 11 domains coming due this year. Let me tell you a little story about that as well. Last year one of my domains came due that I paid 99 cents for a cheap .info domain, what did the extorsionists want to charge me to renew it? Almost $50.00, I let them take it straight up. What do you think would happen if I just let them take http://ultimateedition.info/ ? I have been paying using donors money as I go along to have them transfered to http://namescheap.com/ @ least to this current day they are not extorsionsists. There is alot involved on my end. It is a miracle I can find time to come here and post. I have been looking at some pricy hardware to accelerate my building process a 16 core server, however funds are not there and my #1 prioritiy is to keep this site and all the others up. Want to donate & not use Paypal feel free to send me the server lol. I have been with many, many hosting companies even cloud based with 16 Gigabit pipes and have watched this site and others go down time and time again. The hosting company we are through, while not super high performance, does remain up. I suppose another reason I said eat it TheeMahn.

I suppose to really strike it home, I could say what does an Operating System Architect make per year? Varies from state to state I have seen them as high as $250,000 a yr. I have been called for many, but just can't seem to want to leave Ohio, all my family is here. I land a job like that and I can assure you I will rip the donation button off. As it currently sits I am gainfully from your prespective unemployed.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Acaster » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
Acaster wrote:You guys seem to have all the donations you need

Acaster I would not go that far, I recently paid for another year of hosting that was due this month. Extortion, I tell you the cost of hosting this year is three, yes you read that right 3 times as much as it was last year. It gave me alot to think about. Moving a website to another service provider a possible solution would cut costs, however what about the month of my time involved in resetting up the mysql databases, re-uploading 100's of Gigs of data etc. etc. I just said bend over and take it. I also purchased completly seperate hosting and 2 domains http://uebuilder.com/ and http://os-builder.com/ under construction ATM for the upcoming tool tmosb. Why? I do not want the strain in which that tool will encure effecting Ultimate Edition users.

How about domain names? I have 9 of the 11 domains coming due this year. Let me tell you a little story about that as well. Last year one of my domains came due that I paid 99 cents for a cheap .info domain, what did the extorsionists want to charge me to renew it? Almost $50.00, I let them take it straight up. What do you think would happen if I just let them take http://ultimateedition.info/ ? I have been paying using donors money as I go along to have them transfered to http://namescheap.com/ @ least to this current day they are not extorsionsists. There is alot involved on my end. It is a miracle I can find time to come here and post. I have been looking at some pricy hardware to accelerate my building process a 16 core server, however funds are not there and my #1 prioritiy is to keep this site and all the others up. Want to donate & not use Paypal feel free to send me the server lol. I have been with many, many hosting companies even cloud based with 16 Gigabit pipes and have watched this site and others go down time and time again. The hosting company we are through, while not super high performance, does remain up. I suppose another reason I said eat it TheeMahn.

I suppose to really strike it home, I could say what does an Operating System Architect make per year? Varies from state to state I have seen them as high as $250,000 a yr. I have been called for many, but just can't seem to want to leave Ohio, all my family is here. I land a job like that and I can assure you I will rip the donation button off. As it currently sits I am gainfully from your prespective unemployed.

I know

paypal took you for something like $150 when hostgator or one of it's ilk shut the site for a month and you're still using them ?

What did I miss ?

i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!