Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Would you believe ..??? [SOLVED]

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: Would you believe ..???

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:55 am

LeadFingers wrote:Check out 13 All things music & Video From Newbie's Corner.
It's designed to point you to which apps do what, Where to get them, & where to find the install guides.
Should answer your music & video questions.

Thanks Lead. Checking it out now :)
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:03 am

Well...still No Joy :lol: Although I did find a d/l of ALL the codecs I reckon you can possibly get. Just don't think any of them decrypt the (MS) DRM or play thru it. Only thing I can think of. Really do appreciate ya'lls help tho'. Just one of them things. Shoot, if we could do everything on here we'd have to many of'em jealous ;) :lol: Anyway...
I'll just re-rip or maybe put'em on a dvd and convert'em over on my wife's XP system. I put all my editors/recorders and such on hers anyway just in case ;) . She just hates to see me on hers (don't know why :lol: she keeps needin' me to fix it at times).
Appreciate Y'all, take care and catch ya later :)
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby kiwinsn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Just my two cents....

How about dbPowerAmp running through Wine....they have a wma plugin that I used occasionally and conveted to mp3 really well.

Let me know and I can send a link.
System:
Specs to come.
Registered Linux user number: 542342
kiwinsn

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby deate » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I read CPU(computerpoweruser magazine) and Maximun PC, inone of those over the last year, they had and article that had an open source program they said would play anything with DRM...it just escapes me know, but you might cruise their archives for the article...If you haven't found a solution by the middle of next week, I'll look it up when I get home.
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:28 pm

kiwinsn wrote:Just my two cents....

How about dbPowerAmp running through Wine....they have a wma plugin that I used occasionally and conveted to mp3 really well.

Let me know and I can send a link.

Appreciate that kiwinsn. I've got a couple of Win progs that I could drag in here, but I'm trying right now to avoid that. Being new here in the *Nix world, I've just figured out (as of yesterday) how to set up Bittornado (never used anything like that before, not even IRC) and Torrent Ultimate Edition 1.7 32 & 64 bit. I've got to get my firewall and such set up for this before I run anything under Wine tho'. While I'm seeding, which is all I can do right now to show my appreciation of the finest OS I've ever had the pleasure of running, I don't want to take the chance of anything coming in over Wine. Prolly tomorrow sometime I'll shut Bittornado down long enough to get it all set up to run DVDFab under Wine, then the .wma files won't be a problem. Appreciate your advice tho'.
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 pm

deate wrote:I read CPU(computerpoweruser magazine) and Maximun PC, inone of those over the last year, they had and article that had an open source program they said would play anything with DRM...it just escapes me know, but you might cruise their archives for the article...If you haven't found a solution by the middle of next week, I'll look it up when I get home.

Thanks deate. I'll search that out and see what I can come up with. That'll keep me operating under Ultimate Edition without Wine. But like I said in response to kiwinsn, if nothing else I'll shut down BitTornado tomorrow long enough to get everything set up to run Wine and some programs I have that will let me get thru the DRM and convert them all to mp3. I'll see what I can find that in CPU or MaxPC. Appreciate it.
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby deate » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:49 am

May have been here....Maximum PC magazine....May 2007 issue...I'm not home yet, so I can't get my hands on the article...Win. Vista machine not working correctly with Adobe Acrobat Reader...sorry...I know this comes as a shock that Vista isn't working!!!! :lol:
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby SaddleTramp » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 pm

deate wrote:May have been here....Maximum PC magazine....May 2007 issue...I'm not home yet, so I can't get my hands on the article...Win. Vista machine not working correctly with Adobe Acrobat Reader...sorry...I know this comes as a shock that Vista isn't working!!!! :lol:

Naw!! Really !! lmao Sorry man, I know that's not really funny, just their way of giving you more incentive to just totally drop them anyway ;) Seems to me I had a small problem with AAR once on an update and I just deleted it and got the previous version back and that put things back to normal. Hope it don't get to be to big of a headache for ya.
Just looked up the May07 edition. Read thru all the avenues they listed and looks like it's more trouble than it's worth. MediaPlayer 6 is listed in WineDoors, but looks like it's intermittent in the problems they're having with it. I appreciate your time, but I think I'll be better off at this point to just rip'em again on my wife's xp system. But this time with the player under SoundBlaster Audigy. At least then I know I can get thru it the 1st time without any problems. My own fault anyway for forgetting to do all that when I had Vista back on here to transfer all my other files. The most dependable DVD decrypter I've come across is DVDFab/Decrypter. Support far surpasses any in that category. Their forum is under CDFreaks which adds a lot to their knowledge base. Just wish they had something as good for audio. I also use ImgBurn which has yet to fail me or present any problems also. Gotta admit tho I don't really use ImgBurn that much since I just let DVDFab burn it for me. Anyway, I sure enuff learned a lot more of what's offered out there than what I knew, and that's a big plus. Appreciate ya'll and take care :)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:28 am

Hey ya'll. Well in all my searching (which still hasn't panned out for playing DRM WMA, which by the way if you've burned anything with WinMediaPlayer 10 or 11, forget about it) I came across this little nice to know tidbit. Seems like there's a built in decrypter (I don't know yet how good or such, haven't tried it yet) inside 'libdvdread3'. So if ya got or you're going to get it, after you install it, go to /usr/share/doc/libdvdread3 and you should see install css.sh. To install (ya'll already know this) go to terminal and to libdvdread3 folder and "sudo install-css.sh".
Ya'll take care & Cya'll later :)
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby tranz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:31 pm

I don't know that you guys know this but UE1.7 has a build in for file conversion right in nautilus!
In 1.7 you can just right click on the file you want to convert and select what you want to see happen. In 1.7AMD64 you have to put the script into the script folder yourself.
(only read this if the 'scripts' option is not there) If when you right click there are no scripts then you don't have any scripts in your script folder... How you get the audio convert script is:

/usr/share/nautilus-scripts (in here are a few scripts, audio-convertor being one of them) just copy the scripts you want then open:

~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts (paste the scripts into this folder. Then when you right click the scripts option is there)

also in this thread http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=292 bagheera1994 offers up a few more scripts you could find handy :) .

(info from Synaptic)
A nautilus audio converter script
audio convert is a script that converts between WAV, Ogg, MP3, MPC, FLAC, APE,
AAC, and WMA files. It has an easy-to-use interface that makes it possible to
fill in the tags for a few formats, copy the tags from input files into the
new files, and choose the quality of compression.

I've used it and it works great.... I'm not sure if it will work for Saddletramp or anyone else having this DRM issue... All my WMA's are from my XP days....
tranz
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!