Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

College users- What would you like in an OS?

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: College users- What would you like in an OS?

Postby pam » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:10 am

In my usage windows 8 is very solaris-ish.
Going back to its unix roots....and much better than win 7.
After installing a couple of applications on a new win 7, it would BSOD........nothing on windows 8........pretty much a sturdy OS.
The metro interface aint cool but the new theme mechanism and shifting give it a warm feel.

As time passes more and more viruses will come in and chew it away.

Windows 8 users and primarily gamers wont go back to windows 7.
DONOTSPAMORTROLL:
http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11
Download Ultimate Edition and Oz Unity 3.0 from copy:-
https://www.copy.com/s/oBnDBsDOvxF8jW1EuLKM/Public
Download Ultimate Edition from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimat ... rce=navbar
Download Oz Unity 3.0 from sourceforge:-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/
Download Ultimate Edition torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Download Oz Unity 3.0 torrents from linuxtracker:-
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page= ... 0&active=1
Image Image
Visit:http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com
pam
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:45 am

To me Win 8 seems more usable for tablets and phones. I think I would get one tremendous headache if I had to keep scrolling side-to-side all day long! Is one of the reasons I don't like kde as much anymore. Used to be decent but that side-to-side just doesn't work for me. Need everything in front of me. That is why am so drawn to Gnome since it does that! Still as I know others like all the other desktops will work towards them, when I learn more! Just can't fit 3 years of knowledge into 2months, not possible or probable. Is going to take me more time to learn this all the right way! Tired of guessing! Will keep trying though as enjoy it and know one day will make others happy! Will also be great to know have helped someone graduate!!! Would be the greatest reward to me!!!! Am sure TheeMahn has graduated many students with his great knowledge and OS's!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ryanvade » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:29 am

I want an OS that will wipe off the smug faces of all the APPLE users. There is an APPLE STORE in the University. I want to laugh at their "stock" Boring OS. Make them Suffer.... Okay not Suffer. But make them realize they paid WAY TO MUCH. The Apple Store in the University OVER PRICES. I did not think that was POSSIBLE. I want them to be jealous. :twisted:

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am

I think in a few months or so might be able to do that! Right now the OS is still in the works. I have to investigate many things to insure it will be enjoyable to all who want it! Will say at present is quite nice, does the job with very little hassle. Most of the hassles are my mistakes since to date have only been a linux user for about a year! Have barely scratched the surface, but was able to come up with a system that works quite well. Right now is also installed on a new laptop(ASUS) am still in school, so you know will be using it and showing people how it works when time permits. This will also aid me in fine tuning things so others can understand it better! As I always say what is easy or hard for me is not necessarily true to the next person! So love the input for it! When time permits(hectic right now with school!) will look to put this OS up on Sourceforge as has been recommended(perfect idea!) Windows and Apple are more concerned with money and advertising. Linux gets money from all the devices that are running on it(Android). Think about it??? How many people do not have a cell phone these days? When you really understand things, you know why Linux need not advertise as much as these other guys! Besides, performance speaks for itself! I am not a developer just an assembler. The only reason this OS works so well is because of all the great people and knowledge whose programs are in it! Not downing other systems, but is just some of us have to work so others could play! Sure I like to have fun and play games here and there, but most times is business and get things done! I just can not play with those other guys!!! Anyway have to run and head to school, will keep all apprised at what is happening and where the image will be soon as is good to go!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!