Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

WE ARE BACK!!!

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

WE ARE BACK!!!

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

And we`re never leaving! I don`t care if Distrowatch drops us, that place is a "buddy club" anyway. I`ve posted many comments there mentioning and praising us and most of the time they are deleted without explanation. We don't need them, or anybody except TheeMahn, our devs and mods and a forum! <BREW> Can I get an amen? :lol:

Edit via TheeMahn
: Let me Global you ;)
Last edited by TheeMahn on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Global post.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: WE ARE BACK!!!

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:12 pm

I have in works, an attitude adjuster for distrowatch ;)

Glad to be back up, working on bringing main back online the database is over 2 GB, built a lamp server on my machine injected the database looking to reduce the overhead. pretty neat commands learned in adjustment of it:
Code: Select all
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/Websites/public_html$ ls
forum.tar.gz  repo.tar.gz  sqldumps  sqldumps.tar.gz  themelinux.tar.gz  ultamatix.com   ultamatix.com.tar.gz  ultimateedition.tar.gz  ultimateplayer.tar.gz
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/Websites/public_html$ cd sqldumps
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/Websites/public_html/sqldumps$ ls
dserver_bucyrus.sql  dserver_ftest.sql    dserver_gimp.sql    dserver_themelinux.sql  dserver_ultamatix.sql.bz2   dserver_ultamatix.sql.tar.gz  dserver_ultimate.sql
dserver_forum.sql    dserver_gforum.sql  dserver_player.sql  dserver_ultamatix.sql   dserver_ultamatix.sql.gz   dserver_ultamatix.sql.zip
theemahn@JackHammer:/media/Storage/Websites/public_html/sqldumps$ mysql -h localhost -u ultamatix -p ultamatix < dserver_ultimate.sql

Lamped up will make all adjustments locally then pump up the sql to the server and inject, reduction of overhead means less chance of the server crashing. I am going to pay for a second hosting acct for just main, main sees some nasty traffic. Divide and conquer ;)

Ultimate Edition 3.4 is already uploaded and is straight off the chain been running it for weeks with 0 incidence.

We are going nowhere, this is not my first time dealing with hosting companies, however hopefully my last:
Member For: 4 Years, 8 Months, 10 Days < I was building O/S's way before this. There will be a few bumps in the road as I continue. I think I did a good job bringing the forum back up exactly as it was as it went down.

My goal is to make the following stat look like a joke:
stats.png
The 105 thousand downloads in a month will be shortlived so will the 120,000 when Ultimate Edition 3.4 drops.

Most people do not understand what is involved there, that is 31 servers pumping Ultimate Edition to the world, I attempted to do it solo and lost at 1/2 a petabyte in a month cloud based 6 servers and shutdown due to traffic. What do you think sourceforge has ate? Lets's do some math lets break down the 100,000+ downloads of Ultimate Edition 3.2. A light number of 3 GB per ISO at 100,000 times what kind of traffic are we looking at? Boggles my mind everytime. More like 140,000 times at time of this post. Something else to ponder Ultimate Edition 3.4 is a LTS. So the above should be a "Give me" ;)

That is indeed mass traffic, however the traffic we see here is a pound on the sql server & thus far the new hosting company has taken it thoughly. I do not currently have all sites back up, however the one that drops the "Big hammer is up", they are doing well. I do feel I will have to move main before it is all over, time will tell.

I will not hide from my users what I have going on, if the hosting company takes care of my needs I will take care of thiers. Hostgator has sent me checks for sending them users. I am fairly certain the users I sent them do not see the traffic I see. I do not feel bad for doing so. It is not free to do as I do, I have ate the costs for years. As long as a demand is there I will spend my last cent to ensure you have what you need.

SSH access takes 10 minutes and you have Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86 and 64, minus mirroring. A decision I must make.

Amen, brother.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Yes you did, sir! It`s so good to hear from you again and to be back home! I love this place, lol. :D (I know you don`t take money, but I could throw a little your way if it would help, just sayin`. You shouldn`t have to do it all by yourself).
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby thehin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:08 pm

TheeMahn Keep up good work.
Windows: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601) and 3.5ue on a dualboot
Memory (RAM): 4GB
CPU Info: AMD Phenom(TheeMahn) 9150e Quad-Core Processor
CPU Speed: 1781.3 MHz
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti |
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek |
Display Adapters: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Monitors: 1x; HP LE2001w Wide LCD Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 900 - 32 bit
Network Adapters: Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
CD / DVD Drives: ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S
Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: 500.0GB
Motherboard *: Gateway RS780
Wondering soul
Skype user name is thehin22
thehin
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:15 am

onosendai58 wrote:Yes you did, sir! It`s so good to hear from you again and to be back home! I love this place, lol. :D (I know you don`t take money, but I could throw a little your way if it would help, just sayin`. You shouldn`t have to do it all by yourself).

makes me feel great you feel that way. I had donationations set up in the past and seen thousands of dollars taken of our users money. They took not only the donators money, but set $500 in the hole because of the acct, I am going to pay at my convience to bring up my acct. Why I hate paying to do so? I used to run a online business, I had a lady I use the term loosly claim she did not recieve her product even though I provided Paypal the tracking information suspended my acct. She not only got her product will get $270 from me to bring it back online. Funny Paypal should have sided with me I had sold over $50,000 worth of merchandise in that year with 0 incident. I refused to pay her, suspended acct.

Shiesty ppl, really work me down. I try so hard to ensure happiness & take that to the bank. I can trust no-one, but me we will see if I bring up donations again.

The last acct Meisters a great friend of mine was taken due to a Magic the Gathering purchase. He did not take your money, however the hackers did and $500 of his.

I will eat it and I can promise that never to happen again. Really pisses me off to hand money to an individual that straight stroked me. I am an honest fella. Used.

I have her address, do not think the thought did not cross my mind to pay her a visit.

Bought a credit card err debit card ensures we do not currently need to worry.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby linuxfreack » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am

Well good to see Ultimate Edition support forum and website are back up and running, :yoodude

I must be honest I was worried there. <BREW>
linuxfreack
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby bnitch » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Whew, had me worried for a while, not that I wasn't doing fine running 3.2 and even put Black Opel on a disk by itself when I found I could use the classic mode, I hate a screen full of Icon's. Can't wait for 3.4 to hit, the fun is back in computing with Ultimate Edition. I don't have a lot of $ but would be glad to help out a little, you do all the work you shouldn't have to foot the bills by youself also. You need to find a safe way to let people help. <BREW>
AMD FX-8320 X8 3500Mhz Processor
Asus M5A99FX Pro2
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Gigabyte)
16gb Memory G.Skill Ripjaws
Sound Blaster sound card
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SSD)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0GB/s
Vertex 2 SSD 120gb
Vertex 4 SSD 120gb
Win 10
bnitch
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby xylaria » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

To TheeMahn and all the Ultimate Edition team: Great to see y'all back online! Been a fan of Ultimate Edition for a bit over a year now (started w/ Ultimate Edition 2.8 64-bit on persistent USB drive). I have one question though: Unless I mis-read or misunderstood something, If Ultimate Edition 3.4 is "already uploaded and off the chain" as TheeMahn wrote yesterday, where can it be downloaded from (SourceForge site has only up to version 3.3)? Please advise.... Otherwise thanks always for all your hard work :-)
xylaria
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby xe2xpk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Blackwolf wrote:It will be released once all the sites are back up to spread the load.

You will all be advised when it's ready.

Let me know when that happens! Great Distro!
xe2xpk
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby bunker85 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:09 pm

So, so good to see you back again. This is the best distribution out there. I promote it to as many of my friends as I can. Eventually they will see the light. Thank you and your team for all your hard endeavours.
System
Home build
iCute Black Tower
ASUS P5Q SE PLUS
Corsair 400W PSU
Intel(R)Core(TheeMahn)2Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
4Gb 800 Mhz Infineon
nVidia GeForce GTX 285 1Gb @ 300Mhz
WD 1Tb 7200k
WD 750Gb 7200k
TSST CD/DVDW SH-S203N
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH20N

Ultimate Edition 4.2 Lite LTS
Kernel 3.13.0-37-generic 64 Bit
bunker85
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Next

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!