Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Custom Computer

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: Custom Computer

Postby JF382 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Very good information on this thread!
Intel Core i3 dual-core processor, i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 3MB Cache) 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM - 500GB SATA hard drive - 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet
14.0" LED backlit display - Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 4 x USB 2.0 ports 1 x VGA port, 1 x headphone output 1 x microphone input, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x DC-in

Desktop: COMPAQ SR5550F, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+(2.8GHz), 64 bit Dual Core Processor, 2 x 512KB L2 Cache, 3GB DDR2 800, 500GB SATA 7200RPM, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with TurboCache with 128MB dedicated graphics memory, Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 430
JF382
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby WitchyWays » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 am

Hi N92, Awesome 8-) I would definately stick with an ASUS board no matter what camp you go with; AMD or Intel. Now you have some $ that's always good. See what you can salvage or possibly modify to your needs; this will free up more $ you can use else where. OK the fun part (research) check out benchmarks for your cpu's you might want to use. Cooling 8-) The same,read some reviews. It has to be water! I would go with ssd for boot and a couple honkers for storage and raid setup. Think about down the road. get the latest and greatest mobo available, you might have the fastest chip available now but what about this summer? think upgradeability. See who's working on what? you might want to wait. HDD might come down in price when they get the other plants going also. On the flip side Tiger direct, and Newwegg and I'm sure others are having year end deals to make room for new stock. Before I forget I would go with a Big power supply for future upgrades. reg or modular that's up to you. Do your homework freind ;) good luck and <BREW> WitchyWays
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby N92 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:56 am

Thanks,

As you can see in my sig below I have a fairly good computer right now.
It has been a work in progress but I have gotten to the point where I am about ready to upgrade the mobo & CPU.
I am thinking about getting the best ASRock mobo for an AMD CPU and matching that with the new 8 core AMD 3.6GHz CPU then setting up a water cooling system.

thanks again.
Computer specs:
Linux Regal
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.5GHz / Xigmatek LOKI CPU cooler
16GB G.SKILL DDR3 RAM 1600 / Corsair GS800
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD / Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD
N92
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Postby WitchyWays » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:17 am

Hi N92, you have a pretty sweet rig now: nice 8-) Judging by what you have, pretty much all you need is maybe a new case? bigger power supply? maybe more,faster ram (can't remember all your specs). OK, I played around a little bit today. Now first off Asrock is an off-shoot of ASUS; at least that's how they started. So down to business, you're going with the AMD FX 8150! YEA i want one :th_DANCE_417 . Now a few things the 8150 holds World Overclocking record, Guiness certified! <BREW> The board they used was guess what? An ASUS Crosshair board. They have two real nice one's; The Formula V and the Thunderbolt. Tons of features, mixed reviews on boards; I came across a post about updating bios right away and something about one of the power connectors leave unplugged unless running double or triple Vid cards. Also AMD talks about "The Scorpius Platform" running a 6000 series Radeon card with the 8150 and Crosshair boards. New Egg has some great video interviews with AMD about the chip and also some from ASUS about thier new boards. Check it out; just look up the chip and the vid is on that page. As far as Asrock after seeing your post it looks like thier contender would be the Fatal1ty series 990FX professional board. :mrgreen: I want one :P The ASUS :D <BREW> <BREW> <BREW> Cheers N92 hope this helps some, no matter what she's gonna be a smoker big time WitchyWays out and envious :mrgreen: :D
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby N92 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:00 am

I have the Coolermaster HAF 932 Full tower case (has tons of room!), Corsair GS800 powersupply 800 watts & 16GB of Skill Ripjaw 1600 RAM. thanks for the info on the CPU, I remember reading a little about the reccord that it has.
also ASRock has been highly recommended to me by a friend who currently has one of their boards and a 6 core AMD CPU over clocked to 3.7GHz.

thanks again
Computer specs:
Linux Regal
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO / AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.5GHz / Xigmatek LOKI CPU cooler
16GB G.SKILL DDR3 RAM 1600 / Corsair GS800
HIS ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB DDR5
Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache 7,200 RPM
Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD / Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-2RD
N92
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ubuntu Dapper Drake

Postby Moebius » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 am

I feel so inadequate right now...
:downthere :oops: :cry:
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook
Moebius
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby WitchyWays » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:09 pm

Hey brother Moebius don't feel bad :( I'm in the same ballpark friend. My rig is a salvage from an H.P. media center. AMD Athlon II x 64 3.0 gig 2 cores, 31/2 gig ddr2 1/4 gig to onboard vid. 2 320 hdd. The board? Guess :D ASUS! I have all my stuff hooked up from the H.P. super multicard reader, dvd burner, added dvd rom, hot swap drive bay, infrared remote control, hdmi,dvi,vga, and tv out. I also have a pcie Tv card, digital/ analog in/out, optical out, front/rear audio. OK sorry now it seems like I'm bragging The board has a lot of bells and whistles and can accept up to a 125 watt chip, 16 gig of ram, it's all about $ for upgrade. so pretty much 3 gig dual core 3 gig ram. N92 is talking World Series stuff and we're still in the minors :lol: WitchyWays out. And again I know this probably does'nt make you feel any better, sorry bro :)
WitchyWays
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Previous

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!