Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Topics not related to Ultimate Edition.

Re: PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:04 pm

A couple of points in favor of the 360. Anti-aliasing, which means no "jaggies", PS3 doesn`t have it. No framerate hit for most games. Way fewer glitches on most games. Backwards compatibility for most xbox games, (dealbreaker for me). Updates that don`t take away functionality, (hello, Sony, where`s that Linux in your "It Does Everything!" box?). I can stream content from my PC through my 360 to my tv via Windows Media Center. My 360 was bought new when they first came out for hundreds of dollars less and I`ve never had the RROD. Microsoft has opened the Kinect sourcecode to hackers and modders. THE KINECT, nuff said! On the aesthetics side, my 360 doesn`t look like a George Foreman Grill, lol. Plus, I don`t know if the PS3 has "visualizations", i.e., a stoner`s dream, lmao, but the 360`s are awesome, dude! :mrgreen: (Further note on the Kinect: it`s finding applications in all sorts of different areas, from medical to CAD. If we ever have a true Minority Report-type interface it will be due to the Kinect technology. In fact, a modder has already done it partially). I was truly let down about the PS3 since I`ve had a PS1 and PS2. But no backwards compatibility nor anti-aliasing, plus the $600 price tag at the time killed it for me. Final note, Blu-Ray means squat to me since I don`t buy movies anymore. The 360 runs 780p natively and upscales to 1080i when necessary and on my 39-inch HDTV that`s all I need. I don`t mind changing disks, back in the Final Fantasy 8 days that meant I got my money`s worth, lol. Btw, that last commenter was wrong, of course the discs are HD, they just aren`t Blu-Ray. Speaking of legal actions, an entire COUNTRY is suing Sony for the update taking away Linux-functionality!
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 pm

I do quite like my xbox 360.

mine is the latest generation of the xbox 360.

smaller dye size on the triple core cpu and gpu.

runs much cooler, better graphics quality.

pc still kicks its azz in quality, but at 10 times the cost lol.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby onosendai58 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:14 pm

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:I do quite like my xbox 360.

mine is the latest generation of the xbox 360.

smaller dye size on the triple core cpu and gpu.

runs much cooler, better graphics quality.

pc still kicks its azz in quality, but at 10 times the cost lol.

Exactly! Although once I acquired the ability to install games to the HDD I never heard the fan nor experienced overheating. (Never really had a problem with either before, unlike my old Dreamcast that sounded like a jet turbine, lol. Still think that console could have revolutionized the industry, the graphics to me far surpassed the PS2, again anti-aliasing, something Sony never implemented, not sure why).
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm

I can play hours on end on my xbox360 with no overheating what so ever.

Hell, it has been 100% stable. Fan is 100% silent.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby jassoncook » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 am

In this comparison, it depends on how much you care about extra peripherals in the online world. I am a very avid gamer and I love to play online, what i found out most of the time when i played online with either system is that I only went online to play with players, i didn't care about extra features and liked the regular, which is why I would have to go with PS3 here for me.

MODERATOR NOTE: No adds please final warning
jassoncook
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:52 am

i'm a pc gamer got over 100 games on steam :P , i do have a 360 though for the games that don't come out on pc ( eg. Halo) but if its xbox 360 vs ps3, i would have to go with the 360, runs all the games fine, looks good and most of all doesn't get features removed :P <BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby Rattler » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 am

Ok i have a 360 n have never had the chance 2 play the PS3 but as is now id say the PS3 is the better buy Simply cuz I think it is a bit STUPID that ppl have 2 pay 4 games then turn around n pay 2 play online with friends but that just me how ever the only reason i have 360 vs PS3 is the price haha i have all ways been more of a play station person otherwise as far as graphics go all i can say is iv heard PS3 is better more often than 360 "Don't know 1st hand" .... <BREW>
The Past Is The Past And The Future Is Now.
Rattler
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Previous

Return to General Discussion - Birthdays-Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here!