Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

MicroLinux x86_64

Other Operating systems by admins / mods.

Re: MicroLinux x86_64

Postby Micro » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Be sure to check out http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewforum.php?f=88 and https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=200&sid=7a44b46502f2a01da0362992aff611b0 for Windows 7 help and Support or even general discussions. Enjoy your time here it's great resource...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby OnoSendai » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:53 pm

Micro wrote:Be sure to check out http://forumubuntusoftware.info/viewforum.php?f=88 and https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=200&sid=7a44b46502f2a01da0362992aff611b0 for Windows 7 help and Support or even general discussions. Enjoy your time here it's great resource...

Thank you very much for your graciousness. I really wasn't trolling, but I expected some "Windoze sucks" reply, lol. Then I remembered that this forum is above that.
And I used to live here a while back until I self-destructed. :oops: I was OnoSendai.
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, has really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain. And we are here as on a darkling plain, swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight. Where ignorant armies clash by night...
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:42 pm

Most that cut down an OS are those that do not understand it! Myself included! The main thing is to be happy with whatever system you use! Was also curious, Strelok if you ever considered putting one of these Linux OS's together??? Only reason I mention it, is there are the large benefits of having exactly what you want and not just someone else's thoughts on your likes! It is one of the best adventures in Linux! Just thought you might like to give it a shot, before you go back to Windoze. Is time consuming but a great learning experience that will even help you with understanding Windoze more too! Am on my own in which Micro was one of the largest contributors to help me along to this point as everyone else here. I absolutely love the OS and will say it functions very well! Possible flaws but nothing significant as to crash or refuse to do the job! Love the aspect as other than Ultimate, has the most functional programs! Is tailored to all my needs and kept up to date in Ubuntu Builder which is an awesome utility to build these OS's. Hope you do not take any offense to all am writing here. Just figured would make a suggestion to you is all! This way you have no regrets, since you would know you tried everything! I also did a lot of distro hoppin, but for only about 6 months! If you do decide to give this all a try make sure you visit TheeMahn's build with me post! Is the most informative and best post on the internet, ever!!! We all owe our successes to him as without him, there would be no Ultimate or this forum!!! Awesome and great barely describe how great he is!!!! Always my thanks goes to him for making all this possible! Anyway best wishes on whatever you decide and remember we are always here to help!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby OnoSendai » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Thank you very much, sir. I've seen your writings before, you're a good man.
For the world, which seems to lie before us like a land of dreams, so various, so beautiful, so new, has really neither joy, nor love, nor light, nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain. And we are here as on a darkling plain, swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight. Where ignorant armies clash by night...
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby OnoSendai » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm

On further thought, I'm going to try MicroLinux again. I think I only allowed 13gb, this time I can spare 20. A regular Ultimate Edition fits on that, plus I like what you did with that.

"will not install to gpt table (use msdos)" What does this mean, not a regular install?
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Micro » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 pm

:) Shoot me a pm and i will walk you you through the process. Just to be clear this is not an Ultimate Edition release...
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 am

Strelok wrote:That's okay, I'm sticking with Win 7. I've had zero trouble with it

Seems you are having a little bit of trouble getting a dual boot going. ;)

Technically, you have enough room with 18gb, but you should make some adjustments with Windows disc utility before starting, but either way it is usually a good idea to install grub to the OS partition you are installing on and use Grub to get to Windows. This has a few advantages, if you add externals, triple boot, hard drives, etc, each partition can set up it's own grub boot-up if something happens and that brings me to a little rescue disc I love called Rescatux w/Supergrub2!http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/

This little gem will find your images and load them if you should perhaps make a mistake or who knows?, things happen. Once in the OS you can install grub and go about your merry way.

That reminds me, if you haven't deleted the partition you installed on you should still be able to snag the image.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby OnoSendai » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:55 am

Xanayoshi wrote:
Strelok wrote:That's okay, I'm sticking with Win 7. I've had zero trouble with it

Seems you are having a little bit of trouble getting a dual boot going. ;)

Technically, you have enough room with 18gb, but you should make some adjustments with Windows disc utility before starting, but either way it is usually a good idea to install grub to the OS partition you are installing on and use Grub to get to Windows. This has a few advantages, if you add externals, triple boot, hard drives, etc, each partition can set up it's own grub boot-up if something happens and that brings me to a little rescue disc I love called Rescatux w/Supergrub2!http://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/

This little gem will find your images and load them if you should perhaps make a mistake or who knows?, things happen. Once in the OS you can install grub and go about your merry way.

That reminds me, if you haven't deleted the partition you installed on you should still be able to snag the image.

Thanks, but I always use grub to get to Windows. I use OmniBoot, same as Rescatux except it also has distros you can install, along with many more tools. OmniBoot has always found boot images before, nothing now.
OnoSendai
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Micro » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Just a few changes to my ftp server. Added more passive ports to allow more consistant large file transfers. Added bond for more throughput and now anonymous login is set:
web browser- ftp://ftp.teklinux.com/ then Save files and done
ftp client (FileZilla) username is anonymous and there is no password.
Hope that helps the few that have had download issues. Thanks for the feedback <BREW>
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Postby tanmay.01 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:57 am

I think this is a good idea... may be there could be a spinoff of testing or unstable for U.E based on mate like the old U.E days. Only One desktop, hell lot of softwares.. Stable base.. Less memory footprint.. Better support than debian.
HP ENVY 15
•3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
• 1GB Radeon(TheeMahn) HD 7750M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI]
• 6GB 1600DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
• Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth(R)
• Full-size Radiance backlit keyboard.

tanmay.01

PreviousNext

Return to Remixes by Admins and Mods