Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

RW can erase and rewrite iso`s

Discuss *nix based Software here

RW can erase and rewrite iso`s

Postby Donut123 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:00 am

Hello everyone
I am not sure isf anyone knows this.
I found out, if you use a rewritable
cd, havent tried it with DVD as ye..
you can erase it and use it for another iso.
I mean you can burn it, and use it
and then erase it and burn a different one.
Its working on my redoing my Ubuntu 10.04
LTS on my new old computer.And it had 11.04
and I changed it to 10.04, more suitable for
this machine.

Just in case no one knew
Thank you
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: RW can erase and rewrite iso`s

Postby sambolinux » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 am

Hi Donut and thanks for the info but I have more luck with the r/w dvds then the cds. I have been using them to burn all my "nix" isos for about two to three years because you never have worry if it tries to burn too fast because they are limited to 4x.
Computer: Antec NSK6500 case, MSI K9A2 Platinum, BE940 Phenom II,6gig ddr2 1066mhz ram, 4 sata hd (1 250gb seagate w/acronis for op sys bkp only and 1 TB wd green for movie bkp only and disconnected) , 3 1TB wd black sata II(no raid),Zalman 9700 air cooler, on board realsucks sound, Sony 42" hdtv connected to a 4670 ATI Radeon video card/ w Zalman 900 air cooler(very quiet) , 21.5 in Acer lcd monitor(cheap monitor finally died) , 2 ide dvd rw drives LG , 1 sata hp 340i bluray disk writer
OP sys : Win XP Pro, 1 Win7-64bit-ultimate and 1 custom precise 12.04 with all media codecs compiled by me and a bunch of media encoders.
sambolinux
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby Donut123 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am

Thank you Blackwolf and sambolinux, of course the DVD`s are for larger iso`s but just as long as its under 700mbs. I already had Ubuntu 11.04, Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite, and Debian on one .It comes in handy for me.
Thank you :D
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:24 am

I buy DVD-RWs in a 10-pack at Wal-Mart for 12 bucks, Memorex no less. That way I never have to worry about the size of the medium I`m putting on it. Having said that, the $30 I paid for my Seagate external 320GB HDD has already paid for itself by allowing me to put isos, games, movies, etc. on it. (Dragon Age Ultimate took 35G, yikes!)
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Donut123 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 pm

wow..my burner is shot..however I found the exact one for my machine at$ 25.99..its the smae one that came with the machine. HP..Im going to order it..knowing I am short of cash as it is..but I wont be pissed when i go to burn something and waste the disk. I have some dvd rw..but its the same..once ruined its no good. Even witht the cds if something goes wrong ..it cant be blanked.
Donut123
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to Software