Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

3.0 Lite

Discuss *nix based Software here

3.0 Lite

Postby Meister » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:53 pm

While more of an os I would like to give my thoughts on it. I personally have been enjoying the bareness of it, i dont have programs i never used forced on me. When I say this remember i am a new convert to linux , more to say Ultimate Edition cause its the only distro I have used at this point. While it might be a incovence the first time i want to do something i have to install that program. While to me this is a great way to learn the terminal and general *nix skills , I am sure some of you like it better when you do not. Also considering that all the computers in my house are 5+ years old, it is nice to run a smooth os. Having converted from win7 the preformance upgrade breathed new life in to my sluggish system. True i still cant run the newest 3d games or things link the new gnome or kde, I still have stable options to use.

These are my unbiased thoughts even knowing Thee if i did not honestly enjoy it i would not run it nor say i like it. I am sure many of you feel the same way about your favorite Ultimate Edition release be it 2.6.1 or 2.9. I am looking forward to the things to come in Ultimate Edition.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Re: 3.0 Lite

Postby TheeMahn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:07 am

Meister wrote:While more of an os I would like to give my thoughts on it. I personally have been enjoying the bareness of it, i dont have programs i never used forced on me. When I say this remember i am a new convert to linux , more to say Ultimate Edition cause its the only distro I have used at this point. While it might be a incovence the first time i want to do something i have to install that program. While to me this is a great way to learn the terminal and general *nix skills , I am sure some of you like it better when you do not. Also considering that all the computers in my house are 5+ years old, it is nice to run a smooth os. Having converted from win7 the preformance upgrade breathed new life in to my sluggish system. True i still cant run the newest 3d games or things link the new gnome or kde, I still have stable options to use.

These are my unbiased thoughts even knowing Thee if i did not honestly enjoy it i would not run it nor say i like it. I am sure many of you feel the same way about your favorite Ultimate Edition release be it 2.6.1 or 2.9. I am looking forward to the things to come in Ultimate Edition.

Mr. Lite, what are you running now? I guess one of the many benefits of living down the street from me. Tell me Larry how many of your PC's at the house are running anything, but Ultimate Edition ;)

For those that do not know Meister or Larry is a buddy of mine of about 25 years. Thanks for the kind comments brother.

Let me correct you:
I am looking forward to the things to come in Ultimate Edition.

You are running what will be. The best position of all. I have local beta testers, they feel the true benefits. You have it before John and he is only a arm reach away from me. Wayne, Kenny I am sure if I think about it others. Enjoy.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: 3.0 Lite

Postby Meister » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:23 am

Only the old ladies machine is still windows based. If linux had the 1000's of hidden object games might convert her... lol
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Return to Software