Are you a spammer?

Rules for posting...
Forum rules
One Warning only ......
This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites. Please consider this before you contemplate posting, otherwise, your ISP will be advised of your activities.

Are you a spammer?

Postby Blackwolf » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 am

If so, don't bother!!!!!! We have a huge team of people capable of performing a range of admin tasks. If you spam, it'll be deleted before anyone sees it, your IP will be permanently banned and your account will be removed immediately.

Get a different hobby! Football, Fishing, a Girlfriend, are popular ones. :shock:

It seems "spam" needs further clarification.

This definition written by Blackwolf should make it easier to tell what is and isn't considered spam

This would be "a post made for the sole purpose of providing information about and/or links to commercial websites or other advertisements". Such posts will be deleted as soon as a moderator finds them.

Even if a post falls under this definition there are other criteria to be met for summarily banning the user. To be instantly banned as a spammer, the user must demonstrably have joined the forum for the sole purpose of posting spam message(s). This is considered proven if the post(s) were made on the day the spammer joined the forum, or if all posts made by the spammer are just for spamming.

There have been instances where long term members in good standing have added links to their signatures to sites they have found that they want to tell others about. If the site is commercial in nature (charges a fee for services or sells a product), it is considered spam. In a case like this, the member is sent a PM asking that they remove the link. If they do not remove it in reasonable time, the forum Administrator is asked to do a global edit on the member's posts and remove the link with an explanation of why it was done. Only if the member persists in replacing the spam link after all of this will (s)he be banned as a spammer.

I hope this makes the position of the forum moderators more clear in this. Just because a member calls a post or a group of posts spam does not make them spam for the purposes of deletion and banning under the forum rules.
Oz Unity Diamond II B (13.04 3.8.0-26-generic)
nVidia EVGA Geforce GTX580 1536MB
Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Overclocked to 4.4GHz
Gigabyte Z68 UD7 Chipset, Corsair 16GB Kit (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3, OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD
Corsair 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3, OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD (WD 1TB Caviar SATA-III HDD)

HP DV6 Laptop 8x Intel(R) Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Oz Unity Diamond IIB

Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity
............... PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW.................
Ultimate Edition Oz
Ultimate Face Book Group
Ultimate Face Book Page
Twitter
Blackwolf
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Are you a spammer?

Postby diablo10000 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:12 pm

thank god someone's on top of this. don't worry Blackwolf , I'll be a good little boy :lol:

cheers mate <BREW>
I know the voices in my head aren't real, my dog told me so.

Ultimate Edition 2.9 ROCKS
Rosewell windknight tower
Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 motherboard with crossfire amd dragon platform
AMD Phenom 2 X 6 1100 thuban Black Edition 3.7 GHz processor
G Skill ripjaws 16 Gb DDR3 ram 4 X 4 GB, maxed out
asus ENGTS450 1 GB gDDR5 nvidia gts450 Video card OC @ 850 MHz SLI ready
2 X 2 Tb hitachi SATA 3G/S HDD =4Tb
corsair h70 water-cooled push, pull design
2 X Apeva blue led case fans @ 140mm
Nexus 1000watt psu RX-1K
DVD-DL R HP 1270i sata
netgear wireless-N 300 pci adapter WN311B (excellent connection and speed)
netgear wireless-N 300 router WNR2000
32 inch sylvania flat screen hd 1080p for display
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Blackwolf wrote:If so, don't bother!!!!!! We have a huge team of people capable of performing a range of admin tasks. If you spam, it'll be deleted before anyone sees it, your IP will be permanently banned and your account will be removed immediately.

Get a different hobby! Football, Fishing, a Girlfriend, are popular ones. :shock:

This definition written by Blackwolf should make it easier to tell what is and isn't considered spam

This would be "a post made for the sole purpose of providing information about and/or links to commercial websites or other advertisements". Such posts will be deleted as soon as a moderator finds them.

Even if a post falls under this definition there are other criteria to be met for summarily banning the user. To be instantly banned as a spammer, the user must demonstrably have joined the forum for the sole purpose of posting spam message(s). This is considered proven if the post(s) were made on the day the spammer joined the forum, or if all posts made by the spammer are just for spamming.

There have been instances where long term members in good standing have added links to their signatures to sites they have found that they want to tell others about. If the site is commercial in nature (charges a fee for services or sells a product), it is considered spam. In a case like this, the member is sent a PM asking that they remove the link. If they do not remove it in reasonable time, the forum Administrator is asked to do a global edit on the member's posts and remove the link with an explanation of why it was done. Only if the member persists in replacing the spam link after all of this will (s)he be banned as a spammer.

I hope this makes the position of the forum moderators more clear in this. Just because a member calls a post or a group of posts spam does not make them spam for the purposes of deletion and banning under the forum rules.

You GO!!! ;) I did get a laugh,
John told me this post has been here, sorry to catch the brunt ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX TUF (The Ultimate Force) R2.0
CPU: AMD FX 8150 Bulldozer Eight Core Black Edition always overclocked
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Ripjaws Dual Channel DDR3 2133 (un-ganged mode)
Video: 2 X ATI 7770HD GHZ Edition 1GB PCI 3.0 Crossfire (main cards) various others for testing
Hard Disks: Over 15 TB Mechanical and Multiple SSD's.
Raid: Onboard 10 sata / e-sata ports, HighPoint RocketRAID 640 PCI-Express 2.0 x4 SATA III (6.0Gb/s)
2TB X 2 Raid 0 / 3TB X 3 Raid 0 (custom software mirrored - tmbackup)
Monitors: 28" HannsG HH281, 28" HannsG HZ281, 19" Touchscreen
730 Watt modular PSU
800 Watt Amp & 600 Watt speakers
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Postby Blackwolf » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:36 am

Mods need to stop pussy footing. If its so blatantly obvious..............ban them. Permanently.

The forums getting too big to keep being lenient.

Your back-links are not wanted here. :evil:
Oz Unity Diamond II B (13.04 3.8.0-26-generic)
nVidia EVGA Geforce GTX580 1536MB
Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Overclocked to 4.4GHz
Gigabyte Z68 UD7 Chipset, Corsair 16GB Kit (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3, OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD
Corsair 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3, OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD (WD 1TB Caviar SATA-III HDD)

HP DV6 Laptop 8x Intel(R) Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Oz Unity Diamond IIB

Ultimate Edition, Ultimate Edition Oz, Oz Unity
............... PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW.................
Ultimate Edition Oz
Ultimate Face Book Group
Ultimate Face Book Page
Twitter
Blackwolf
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby pch.shot » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:44 pm

If this spam $#!% continues, I am going to do a trace root and start re-formatting hard drives!
It's called hacking in lay man terms! I am not a vengeful person, however, if I feel threatened I will be proactive.
I'm against censorship. However links to perfume ads are annoying and counter productive!
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (10.85 KiB) Viewed 10496 times
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby diablo10000 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:32 pm

lmao now thats what i call spam lol
<BREW> <BREW> <BREW>
I know the voices in my head aren't real, my dog told me so.

Ultimate Edition 2.9 ROCKS
Rosewell windknight tower
Asus M4A79T Deluxe AM3 motherboard with crossfire amd dragon platform
AMD Phenom 2 X 6 1100 thuban Black Edition 3.7 GHz processor
G Skill ripjaws 16 Gb DDR3 ram 4 X 4 GB, maxed out
asus ENGTS450 1 GB gDDR5 nvidia gts450 Video card OC @ 850 MHz SLI ready
2 X 2 Tb hitachi SATA 3G/S HDD =4Tb
corsair h70 water-cooled push, pull design
2 X Apeva blue led case fans @ 140mm
Nexus 1000watt psu RX-1K
DVD-DL R HP 1270i sata
netgear wireless-N 300 pci adapter WN311B (excellent connection and speed)
netgear wireless-N 300 router WNR2000
32 inch sylvania flat screen hd 1080p for display
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby ryanvade » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Blackwolf wrote:If so, don't bother!!!!!! We have a huge team of people capable of performing a range of admin tasks. If you spam, it'll be deleted before anyone sees it, your IP will be permanently banned and your account will be removed immediately.

Show'em whos boss Blackwolf. Kick them out!!!! :P

Laptop: HP dv6t-7000 CTO Desktop: Compaq Presario SR21632wm
i5 2450m Pentium D 960 @ 4 GHz
6 GB ram 2 GB ram
Intel HD 3000 Graphics / Nvidia GT 630M Nvidia GT 520 @ 820 MHz
Diamond II-B 3.10-rc4/Windows 7 Home Premium KDE | Windows 7 Starter/Arch Linux

Paid supporter of the Linux Foundation
ryanvade

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby onosendai58 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 pm

pch.shot wrote:If this spam $#!% continues, I am going to do a trace root and start re-formatting hard drives!
It's called hacking in lay man terms! I am not a vengeful person, however, if I feel threatened I will be proactive.
I'm against censorship. However links to perfume ads are annoying and counter productive!

I saw this a while back and it peed me off then and does now. It's pretty immature, if you ask me, to threaten people with hacking and formatting their harddrives. Yeah, I know how to do it also, but I sure don't go around threatening users with it. Another childish comment by someone who's made others and who I feel shouldn't be a mod. That's my thoughts on it.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Xanayoshi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I think threatening to hack and take down someones systems is much worse than spamming. I am quite sure banning would be adequate. We should be about promoting and improving the Linux platform for the end user, not teaching the end user that they need to learn how to hack in order to use a system safely.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Aurora R4/Watercooled i7/16GB RAM/256GB Toshiba SSD/2-2TB WD Black HDD/2TB WD Blue HDD/Dual Nvidia 660-4GB Video
Lenovo Z570/i5/4GB RAM/500 GB HDD
Inspiron 3521/Touchscreen/Pentium/4GB RAM/500GB HDD
Pavilion/Pentium/5GB RAM/1TB Seagate HDD/1.5 TB Seagate HDD/160GB Seagate HDD
Raspberry Pi 512mb
Toshiba NB305/Atom/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
LG G3/Snapdragon 801/3GB RAM/32Gb Internal/128GB External SD
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Return to Rules - please read before you join.