Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Installing Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite on XP Laptop

Help & Support for Ultimate Edition Lite

Installing Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite on XP Laptop

Postby MousieX23 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:15 pm

We have been attempting to install Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite on my friends laptop and are having seriously baffling problems. I have burned the ISO to a CD-Rom and attempt to boot from the CD however the computer will skip past the CD Boot as it starts spinning up and boot straight to XP. I am hoping someone can shed some light on why this is occuring. I did not have this issue when I installed the full 2.8 on my own laptop, however in all the moving around I've done over the last year I've lost my DVD copy of EU 2.8.
MousieX23
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Re: Installing Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite on XP Laptop

Postby Moebius » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 am

Hi MousieX23,
First thoughts are that you don't have the optical drive (CD/DVD Drive) set up as the boot priority before the Hard Drive.
Try setting the boot priority to optical drive in your BIOS or if your computer supports it, you may have an option to press a key to boot from another device (optical drive) just after your 'post' screen (before Windows starts to load).

Cheers. :D
GNOME 3.2.1
Oz Unity Developement (32) Kernel 15
Moebius Custom Gothic
Intel DG33FB Mainboard
Intel Core2Duo E8400
Amicroe 2 x 1Gb DDR2
WD 250Gb Sata II WD2500AAKS (O/S)
WD 500Gb Sata II WD5000AAKS (Data)
LG Super Multi DVDRW
GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16x 512Mb 540 MHz

Ultimate Edition Australia___Ultimate Edition Israel____Ultimate Facebook