Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Compiz on eeepc with Ultimate Lite 3.0?

Help & Support for Ultimate Edition Lite

Compiz on eeepc with Ultimate Lite 3.0?

Postby Tango » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 pm

I just got a eeepc notebook and installed Lite 3 on it. Intel Atom N145, single core, 1.66gh. I wonder how much the performance would be affected if I install Compiz. I also would like to run Docky. I only bought this machine to do some work while traveling to and from work etc. Has anybody have Compiz installed on a Netbook and how does it run.
I would like to keep Docky though. I installed it and in the moment it sort of sits static at the bottom of the screen. Not to sure how to enable compositing.
It took me ages to find a distro that worked out of the box even on the eeepc. Had Mint on it and the desktop switcher would not work. Then I used the new Ubuntu live cd. At first it looked sort of cool. After a few minutes I just came up with "Why?". I just could not get comfortable with it and I could not get myself to hit the install button. :lol:
Thank you to The Man and The Team. Quiet a feat. One of the most massive distros in existence and now a tiny one like this working perfectly out of the box <BREW>
Tango
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Compiz on eeepc with Ultimate Lite 3.0?

Postby cowboy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:39 am

Do not know what model you have, but there is a option if it not been done.
Upgrade the RAM...
Post back with some more info on your eeepc notebook, I am sure someone here will help you get your machine up to "Ultimate" performance...pun intended... ;)
"Back up your Data"
"May I never lose the view of a nubie"
"Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish , he will eat a lifetime"
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
i5 2500k
3x4G-Skill Ripjaws
MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk..
Seagate 1TB Barracuda
NZXT 850w PS
CM Storm Sniper Case
Evga Superclock CPU Cooler
Mushkin SSD coming soon
http://acowboydave.blogspot.com/
cowboy
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby Tango » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 pm

It is an eeepc, seashell, Intel Atom 455. Model RO11PX / 1011PX. Same thing but sold in Australia under the former name. Single core.
First thing I did was to upgrade the ram to 2gig. The little machine is flying with the lite edition and the only thing I am worried about if I install compiz is that most of the performance will be gone and the possibility that it will break something. I do not have a lot of time trying to fix things. Love the eye candy though. :)
Cheers.
Tango
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby billhedrick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:12 am

The problem I had with 3.0 lite and compiz was simply that LDXE didn't seem to be built to handle compiz. Also, it's my experience that you need a larger monitor to get the full effect of compiz. I am running it on a 17" at work(2.9) and a 23" wide screen (2.6.1) at home. I end up using the desktop switcher in bottom tool bar at work since I usually have the windows maxed out. YMMV but I wonder if the hassle to get it to work on your eeepc with it's 10.1" screen may be more trouble than it's worth.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Tango » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:19 am

The problem I had with 3.0 lite and compiz was simply that LDXE didn't seem to be built to handle compiz.

Thats what I mainly wanted to know. Thanks. I can live without Compiz on the netbook. Is there a way to enable compositing though without Compiz? Docky needs that to work properly.
Tango
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to Lite