Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0 lite

Help & Support for Ultimate Edition Lite

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0 lite

Postby athenroy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:45 pm

To each his own! Linus called Gnome 3 "An unholy mess" and switched to Xfce, so I guess it's a matter of preference.
Athenroy
Registered Linux User #534875
HP a6500F 4G RAM Intel E2220 Dual Core CPU
HDDs 500G Hitachi & 1T Hitachi
HDA On-board Sound
Nvidia Geforce 7100 on-board video

OSes: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 Bit, Bodhi, PinguyOS, Liquid Lemur Beta 2,
PCLinuxOS e17, Ubuntu 11.04-Classic DT, and Win7
athenroy
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Tenrosu » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:09 pm

getting the same problem i get with Ultimate Edition 2.9. No sound at all. Other then that it is really zippy and i approve
Tenrosu
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:35 pm

OK I had that problem, here is the fix that worked for me

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5403
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby FMB » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:06 am

if there is going to be a gamers edition of Ultimate Edition 3 lite this might be a good idea http://www.playdeb.net as to it has 29 pages of games... https://www.avaneya.com/ also should be included as it seems interesting and might be the first SciFi game in linux... and maybe a a few select games from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Games/NativeFreeUbuntuGames ok last url to think on http://www.dotdeb.com

so yea... Ubuntu has games
¨Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.¨- Bill Gates
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100-3583 OS: Ultimate Edition 3.0

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 64 Processor 3500+/w L2 512 KB
1gb ddr1
on board Video(ATI North/south bridge)/audio + tv tuner!
With original CMOS firmware from the OEM (not fryś version)
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Postby witblits1970 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:34 pm

nesnfsn wrote:Is this a Live CD? Or does it require installation to the Hard Drive?

Just curious before I download.

UPDATE - Downloaded and burnt to CD with Brassero in 2.9 x64. Rebooted, selected Try without Installing.
Voila, command prompt. What do I next do to get a GUI? Tried startx, ran through a bunch of commands, nothing. Back to command prompt.

yeah, i also downloaded 3.0lite and had issues to run in live mode. :?
not sure where to go from here as i have a friend who has an old lappy and she wants to move over to ubuntu, but without showing her live mode i cant help her.

thanks
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Meister » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 pm

witblits1970 wrote:
nesnfsn wrote:Is this a Live CD? Or does it require installation to the Hard Drive?

Just curious before I download.

UPDATE - Downloaded and burnt to CD with Brassero in 2.9 x64. Rebooted, selected Try without Installing.
Voila, command prompt. What do I next do to get a GUI? Tried startx, ran through a bunch of commands, nothing. Back to command prompt.

yeah, i also downloaded 3.0lite and had issues to run in live mode. :?
not sure where to go from here as i have a friend who has an old lappy and she wants to move over to ubuntu, but without showing her live mode i cant help her.

thanks

Code: Select all
sudo lxdm

That should fix you up.
Meister
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby confezzor » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:09 pm

hi all, i have a question..i have installed Ultimate Edition 3.0 lite on my Gateway running with 4GB of RAM duo core processors and a Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS graphics card...My issue is that it's saying that the lxpanel is sucking up over 50% of my cpu power and i've installed some other system monitors and they saying the samething..but screenlets says it's not even taking up 20%..i don't hear my hard drive going crazy or my cpu isn't getting hot at least for now...so my question is, is this a false negative or a false positive?..is the system monitor lying to me??...
confezzor
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby FMB » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 pm

ok ok for those of you who are running gnome 3.0.. for some reason the paths are incorrect in the game menu for some games. In fact I have to run most games with ./ in terminal
¨Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.¨- Bill Gates
"I concur however one also could diverge from your OS due to DRM. After all windows is bloated anyw... hello linux! " - FMB

Laptop: Acer Aspire 5100-3583 OS: Ultimate Edition 3.0

Desktop: (died - dead I/O) Crappy Fryś Machine (Originally ran Windows xp x32.. deleted)
AMD Athlon(TheeMahn) 64 Processor 3500+/w L2 512 KB
1gb ddr1
on board Video(ATI North/south bridge)/audio + tv tuner!
With original CMOS firmware from the OEM (not fryś version)
FMB
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Postby diablo10000 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:39 pm

sorry guy i have to agree with the people whom do not like 3.0 lite, i installed it on my wife's laptop and was tinkering with it a lil bit, yes i understand it is a base OS and it is snappy for a low resource system, the look is ok(does look like that other OS), but for me the feel just isn't right. i can't find some of the stuff that i'm used to in 2.8 & 2.9,. what? no software center? that sux! well different strokes for different folks i say, still a great job on the Ultimate Edition team's part, just not for me is all, i'll stick with 2.8 for now till gnome gets thier act together,lol

<BREW> <BREW> cheers <BREW> <BREW>
diablo10000
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:23 am

well, it looks like full blown Ultimate Edition 3.0 will be Gnome 2.3.2, so that is cool. ALso Ultimate Edition 3.2 is using Gnome 3.2 which is pretty good, much better than Gnome 3
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

PreviousNext

Return to Lite