Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wireless Network auto connection

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Re: Wireless Network auto connection

Postby synrgy87 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:18 pm

prehaps an issue with the actual wifi chipset and compatability?, i remember the atheros chipsets were a pain previously but thats been fixed ( not just in ultimate edition but in general).

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1411253

might help, quick google came across this might help

http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=AWLL6075+linux&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
8GB (2x4gb) Kingston HyperX DDR1600

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)
2x XFX ATI 5830 1024mb in crossfire
Saitek Eclipse keyboard + Saitek Cyborg V3 mouse + Thrustmaster T.Flight HotasX

Acer 23" HDTV/monitor + AOC 21"
Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby winton » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm

There is another person on this site that has used the following solution for the lack of wireless contact on V3.0.1
It may be your solution??????
http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-I ... 7409.shtml
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby winton » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 pm

One solution found for no wireless connection on your computer.. from a person on this forum. May help
I see a number of people with this problem.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-I ... 7409.shtml

He updated his kernel

Would like the Ultimate edition people to address this problem
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby pch.shot » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Check this out:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... sSupported
See if it sheds any light on the situation.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby winton » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm

I put V3.0 back on this portable.. It works and has good wireless connection (I thought V3.0.1 had same basic system ?)
Will wait until the experts at Ultimate Edition get a good fix..
I sure like the V3.0.1, I have this on my Wired network computers.
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby synrgy87 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:12 pm

i've just installed it on my laptop and all is working, when you boot from the live dvd on your portable, does it show the globe icon up near the clock? very strange when u said it takes you to neverland?

i was connected to wifi while installing and it saved the connectionafter the restart. i just had to edit the connection and click on "connect automatically" and its working100%

hope you get this fixed as 3.0.1 is alot better then 3.0 ( also seems to be running alot nicer on my laptop then 3.0 had been)
Attachments
snapshot1.png
installed and connected automatically
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

160GB Hitachi deskstar(os and boot) 1TB deskstar(data) 1TB WD USB drive(backup+)

Xigmatek Midgard Case.
multibooting all sorts + Ultimate Edition 3.5 / BlackOpal64 / windies 7 home premium 64bit
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:30 am

Hello ppl.

I have 2 things for you all on the network issues that you have here.
1 - you can Edit your connection very easy and solve your issue on no time.
First option will be with check the auto connect box.
now in the box that you see your MAC Address copy the card serial,
delete your connection and make new one - add the MAC Address serial (past)-check the auto connect box and done.
now just connect to the network.

2 - here is one more solution to get your system to work faster and with max performance.
you can use the " Jupiter "software with your system.

jupiter.png
jupiter.png (40.43 KiB) Viewed 5774 times

Jupiter is an applet designed for netbooks and laptops that you can use to switch between maximum and high performance and power saving mode, change the resolution and orientation, enable or disable the bluetooth, touchpad, WiFi and so on. If you own an Asus EeePC netbook, there's also a separate package that adds support for Asus Super Hybrid Engine (SHE) as well as some other EeePC tweaks.

Jupiter doesn't work by default in Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot due to some Mono changes, but you can now use it thanks to a "hack" provided by WebUpd8 reader mtron. If you want to help getting Jupiter to work in Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot without this "hack", get the Jupiter source code from HERE.

Please note that because of a bug in Unity 2D, the Jupiter icon won't show up in the systray (it works just fine in Unity 3D though).

But, like I've said, you don't have to wait for this fix to get Jupiter working in Oneiric because I've applied mtron's tweak to the Jupiter packages available in the Jupiter WebUpd8 PPA.

Add the Jupiter WebUpd8 PPA and install it using the commands below:

Code: Select all
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/jupiter

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install jupiter

Restart your machine After the installation process!!!
when you boot-up to your Desktop , the icon will be there with the options for configuration.
(if you ask me = no need to do any thing there).
that will solve the network,monitors,performance to your system.
**********************************************************************************
**********************************************************************************

ADVICE - to solve allot of issues around the network cards the solution will be,
To configure your modem/router to get DHCP auto.
what that will solve?
you will get connection all the time.
no issues with static ip - the the router will get new IP's for you any restart that you do to the modem/router.

some times the configuration of the auto-eth0 /auto-eth1 not working because of bug for some cards,
so the solution will be to leave the Default connection option as it is with out the configuration to auto-eth0.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU COPY THE MAC Address+(eth0)/(eth1) -at the end of the line.

hope that will solve your all issues.
Admin-Amir

Postby winton » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:50 pm

I was greatly encouraged by the excellent comments on the V3.0.1 wireless option on V3.01.
I copied the comments and put in the live DVD and booted. I received NO indication that a wireless connection was available.
On the 3.0, I get a notice that a Wireless connection is available, and after clicking on the internet Icon, I select my desired connection and all is well.
I had hoped for this on the V3.0.1, instead I get NOTHING.. and on clicking on the Icon, there is NO selection choices available that indicate a wireless connection.
Your comments indicate the same type of connection options. and things to do.
Something is wrong???? this computer works with all the other Linux options, AND windows.
something is different is the wireless software in V3.0-1 software... I have tried both the DVD Live and the installed versions.
Looks like I will have to be satisfied with V3.0 and windows for awhile.. Thank you so much.
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby synrgy87 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:31 pm

hmm for some reason it must not be detecting your wireless chipset, there is the option of trying out 3.2 beta or possibly a kernel update my fix the problem.
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Xigmatek Midgard Case.
synrgy87
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby winton » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 am

I am now running on V3.0.1 on one of my computers on Wired Network... Everything running great..
I don't have a wireless option on these computers to test with..I'm good for now.. I have the best of two worlds..
and I do love he V3.0.1.. Thank you so much for your help.
I think I saw somewhere by Thee Mann that he was doing some work on the wireless net for V3.0.1?? This may have caused the problem with some computers?????
winton
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0