Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 3.0?

Help & support for Ultimate Edtion 3.0

Re: Ultimate Edition 3.0?

Postby klaatubes » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:17 am

Finally somebody makes total sense. Very accurate and to the point QuantumX!
Klaatubes (Registered Linux User #536037)

klaatubes
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 am

If everyone doesn`t shut up about it, he may just say to hell with it, okay? Take a breath, people.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby Billie Cowie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:51 am

TheeMahn is holding down a full-time job and generally trying to get on with his life and in whatever spare time he has he is working on 3.0.
Do you guys mind if he gets some sleep now and then?
He is not the only one working on this and reading between the lines in regard to some people trying to take Ultimate Edition in a "new direction" there has clearly been other factors to contend with.Bearing this in mind it seems politic to remind people that Ultimate Edition is a gift -IT IS NOT A RIGHT!
How about all of you out there giving TheeMahn a gift - the gift of gratitude and respect? This is perhaps best exhibited by displaying patience and being silent.It takes a lot to make me angry but all you complainers are really starting to piss me off.There's an old saying that is particularly relevant this time of year.
" It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness !"
Isn't your current version of Ultimate Edition a beautiful work of Art in it's own right?
A newer version won't make you anymore productive than you are now.
Bottom line is you may WANT 3.0 but you don't NEED 3.0! :x
All that I am or seem is but a dream within a dream.
Billie Cowie
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby pch.shot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:42 am

I think we need to blow this post up.
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (5.03 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby chyzler » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:59 am

OK just another of my Honest opinions (like it or not). I do understand that THEE has a real job and it takes a lot of his time away from Ultimate Edition. I also have a Real job, frigging third shift. Kills me. But when it comes to my computer time it is my main escape from the rat race. I think the underlying reason for not being able to deal with Ubuntu's new formats. I really think neither he or the devs want to admit it. Listen Guys it's not a sin to be stumped. Come clean with it and get on with it. Look we all would love to see Ulitimate 3.0. But don't pee on our legs and tell us it's rainin either. A solution might just be Ulti-MATE Edition based on Linux Mint's Mate desktop. I am not dissing anyone here just a opinion.
chyzler

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.8 64 BIT

Postby QuantumX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Im a long time user too. in fact, I was so happy with 2.8 that it took me months to decide to back up and install 2.9

Even though I posted such a long comment, I was only interjecting to introduce some sense to the scenario. Im not one to complain and rest assured I wasnt. Because as stated above, 3.0 is not going to make me any more productive than 2.9 is.. in fact 2.9 is doing me just fine.. And to be honest with you, anything I didnt like, or got tired of in my current version, Ive changed/fixed on my own accord, so 3.0 isnt really a must have for me, it is more nostalgic necessity. And for those who are walking away from a great o/s for windows makes me scratch my head.

I agree that this is Thee`s last hoorah, but my question never really got answered, because if 3.1 and 3.2 are based off of the latest base, and 3.0 is from a deprecated base, wouldnt it be more prudent to look at keeping current than to run an out of date o/s just for nostalgia? (seriously not intending this in a hostile or smart allek way I promise)

The reason I asked this is because I have never updated my 2.9 due to the fact that it kills ultimate to do so I update all the externals, just not the o/s..
but there have been a few programs that Ive needed to install and use for school that I couldnt because they relied on dependencies of newer libraries that for one reason or another will not be updated on 10.10 or 10.11
thus causing me to either have to run an older version of said program, or find a win32 binary of it and run it in wine in either case I find this counter-intuitive.

So learning from this scenario, and seeing as I am not a part time user, in other words I dont also run windows, or another version of the operating system on my machines, would it be for my better interest to use 3.2 and just keep a copy of 3.0 around to reflect on?

I kind of find this scenario similar to all of the iphone fans that waited this year so ambitiously for the next release of the iphone, only to be greeted by an iphone with an outdated 3g radio in a ever growing 4g market, and only had a few modifications for improvement that had already been around for a year or more on other mobile platforms. (not dissing on iphones, because even though Im android all the way, I also use an iphone4 for business, and I got caught in the trap also)
QuantumX
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:31 pm

pch.shot wrote:I think we need to blow this post up.

I`m gonna say one last thing, then I feel we should lock it. I`m re-downloading 3.0 Gamers. I don`t really like the "X"- apps but it has Dolphin emulator installed and a great game for the Wii is finally coming to America, Xenoblade Chronicles. It`s a great OS, (naturally), and I had so many headaches trying to get Dolphin to work in Win 7 that when I went back and saw that I rejoiced. <BREW>
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 3.0