Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

printing to an XP home box NEED HELP!

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

printing to an XP home box NEED HELP!

Postby billhedrick » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:07 pm

OK we replaced the Win 2KPro computer that was serving as a print server with an XP home box. And now I can't connect from Ultimate Edition 2.9 to print. When I configured sharing on the XPH box, I did the network wizard which may have been a mistake. I can see the PC when I go to places/network and click on it it gives me a login window asking for a password. I set up an admin account on the XPH box but it does nmot accept my password. I have tried to get to it by using the System/Admin/Printing tool, I found and added the printer and proper drivers (in Ultimate Edition) but get the same login box. I talked to my IT manager (he's very busy) did some googling, but now that the forum is back I thought I should ask you folks
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: printing to an XP home box NEED HELP!

Postby Micro » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:35 pm

If you can only see the network and PC, not the printer, you may have a firewall issue. Check this post out... http://forums.techguy.org/networking/72 ... ndows.html. Any reason for going to XPH? Debian print server with cups and a file server is a nice setup and can server windows workstations quite well. I mean no disrespect, but im always trying to replace windows in every aspect. It's not always easy though. Hope the post helps...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephperrello
Thermaltake Series Core X9 SPCC E-ATX Cube Case
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB Quad Channel DDR4
EVGA 120-G1-0750-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 750W PSU
APC BR1300G Back-UPS Pro 780W/1300VA UPS
ASRock X99 Extreme4 LGA X99 Motherboard
OC-Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHz × 12
Corsair H100i V2 CPU Cooler. 240mm
Kernel Linux 4.6.4-1-ARCH x86_64
MATE Desktop Environment 1.12.1
OS - SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB
DATA - 2 SSD 840 EVO RAID 0
MEDIA - 4 HDD 3TB RAID 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX750 Ti
ViewSonic PJD7820HD
OS - Filesystem F2FS
Arch Linux
Micro
Site Admin

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: printing to an XP home box NEED HELP!

Postby billhedrick » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:23 pm

just replacing the W2KP box, and not moving the printer, but I talked to my guy about connecting direct to my Ultimate Edition box and serving from here. May do that if we don't get it working
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9