Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

install Ultimate Edition 2.9 hangs and won't finish [SOLVED]

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

install Ultimate Edition 2.9 hangs and won't finish [SOLVED]

Postby dualbootnoob » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 pm

First time poster.... long time (and newly registered) lurker.

Attempting to install Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 bit in a dual boot with WIN7 Ultimate 64bit.
I have successfully installed UE3.0 32bit with WINXP 32bit and felt like giving 64 bit a try.

I have a DvD "good" copy of Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 bit. (was unable to get USB working as would spit me out to a command promt, but that's another issue).

Following the instructions system seems to be installing fine. Recognizes Win7 and seems to be getting ready to install for a dual boot.

Then install "stalls", and when I open the "copying files" prompt I see the following two lines of code repeating. (words in quotes vary and update)

"Date time" ubuntu kernal ["1234.123456"] radeon 0000:01:05.0: HDMI Type A-1 : EDID block 0 invalid
"Date time" ubuntu kernal : ["1234.123456"] [drm: radeon_dvi_detect] *Error* HDMI Type A-1 : probed a monitor but no|invalid EDID

After about 15 (or more) minutes I end up hard booting machine, and win7 boots up, and will see a smaller partition, however not see UE2.9

System is Toshiba Satellite L305d (laptop), with AMD Turionx2 64 bit, with 3GB RAM.

This is my first post, so thank you in advance for any / all assistance, and please let me know if you want / need more information.
Last edited by dualbootnoob on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Laptop 1 = Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit / Ultimate Edtion 3.2 64-bit dual boot
Toshiba Satellite-L305D
AMD Turion(TheeMahn) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60
3GB Ram
Graphics = ATI Tech RS690M Radeon X1200Series
Sound Card = ATI Tech
Wireless = Atheros
Laptop 2 = UE3.2 32bit
Gateway MX6421
AMD Turion(TheeMahn) 64 Mobile Technology ML-32
1 GB RAM
Current working as Network admin for 1 TB Maxtor Central Axis
running UE3.2 32bit with no problems
dualbootnoob
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Re: install Ultimate Edition 2.9 hangs and won't finish

Postby dougal » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Not sure why you have the two lines repeating perhaps others can help with that.
Did you allocate or resize your partitions to allow for the install? If so then there might not actually be a problem. I have an install of Ultimate Edition 2.9 that sits for what seems ages with a blank screen but, when I leave it alone it does actually finish.
At the finish when yo get the message about removing the disc, please do so and hit 'Enter'. Don't know why but, the system seems to need this as the DVD interaction is not automatic at this point.
If for some reason the code remains on screen and does not clear, just hard power off by holding your machine power button for around four seconds for it to reboot.
All should be well.
The first thing you might do is change the 'Theme' it is not to everyone's taste but, you should always check for updates before you do anything. Use the Update manager under the System\Administration menu. It might say your system is up-to-date. Hit the check button anyways, I always do and there are often a few updates there to be installed.
If you are still having problems it is still worthwhile downloading and burning another copy just to be sure.
Burn at no more than 4x speed.
Good luck.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Postby JOHNNYG » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:33 pm

It seems your explanation is far to elaborate ! And in MOST cases (I find) you are trying to do something that is not Natural ! I have installed Ultimate Edition Sooo many times (As with Ubuntu) I cant count, and NEVER had an issue with installation, on duel, triple or more ! I currently boot 8 installs and Bork some on a regular basis ! :roll: and reinstall as if it was just a wast of time, Let Grub2 take over the MBR and when installing, make your master drive the boot loader, boot in to Ultimate Edition, in terminal sudo update-grub, reboot ! should all be there ! I boot XP, and 7 (Both have cobwebs !) and 6 more Ultimate Edition and Buntu for testing ! It shouldnt give you such issues unless you are doing something out of the ordinary ! But hey if you are, more power to ya ! <BREW> Cuz that's what Linux and Ultimate Edition is all about !
Just say'n ;) Good luck my friend, hope you can (and will) find a way squash the issue ! <BREW> ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby dualbootnoob » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Ok, I'm leaving it to "install" while the Super Bowl is on. I've installed as many updates as allowed to (some wouldn't install). Install had no problem identifying other operating system. Seemed to be copying files and doing it's thing, and then "copying files" changes to "ready for you" with no option to click "forward". Live DVD (both that I've made and checked with mdsum), seem to work however neither will install.

Thanks for the head's up on updating... I didn't think it would be necessary on a live DVD, but I suppose it doesn't hurt anything to do it. In fact Live DVD running this and allowing me to post right now.

Laptop 1 = Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit / Ultimate Edtion 3.2 64-bit dual boot
Toshiba Satellite-L305D
3GB Ram
Sound Card = ATI Tech
Wireless = Atheros
Laptop 2 = UE3.2 32bit
Gateway MX6421
1 GB RAM
dualbootnoob
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

Postby dualbootnoob » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:09 am

Got it figured out. It was an issue with SanDisk Usb. They are on sale at Staples 8gb for 10$... so I picked some up (and I'll head back for more after pay-check). The preinstalled software doesn't play nice with anything other then using it. So you have to clear and format the whole usb drive. (found link to problem on Ubuntu forums). Right now posting from live USB so for me that means successful to install (even found wireless).

Mark solved / closed whatever. Thanks and hopefully others find something here that helps (and yes evidently I was doing something "unnatural").
Toshiba Satellite-L305D
3GB Ram
Sound Card = ATI Tech
Wireless = Atheros
Laptop 2 = UE3.2 32bit
Gateway MX6421
1 GB RAM