Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

cannot start Ultimate Edition 2.9

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

cannot start Ultimate Edition 2.9

Postby yukawa » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Dear all,

after update I have a problem to start my Ultimate Edition 2.9. After splash screen i got black screen and my fan start spinning really fast, like airplane, and after that I can't do anything.

Sorry for not describing in more details, I really don't know what can be a problem.

Please help
yukawa
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Re: cannot start Ultimate Edition 2.9

Postby billhedrick » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 pm

OK does it start at all? in Windows or another Live Disk? Not sure about the fan, but the other symptoms sound like a bad burn
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby yukawa » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:27 pm

windows 7 is working fine. Haven't tried any live cd. Currently I'm on win 7. What do you mean as a bad burn?
yukawa
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby billhedrick » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:50 pm

Bad DVD burn, sometimes the DVD doesn't write correctly. You get nothing, just a black screen? Please describe what happens when you turn the machine on with the Live Disk in and booting.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby yukawa » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:59 pm

billhedrick wrote:Bad DVD burn, sometimes the DVD doesn't write correctly. You get nothing, just a black screen? Please describe what happens when you turn the machine on with the Live Disk in and booting.

I had Ultimate Edition 2.9 for more then month before this. It's installed on my HD so I dont see how bad burn can affect this. It was after installing update. I never check what I actually update, I was working something and it was just reflex.

So I start my comp, on grub choose Ultimate Edition, after that I see logo of Ultimate Edition, and after that black screen and my fan becomes really noisy. Thats it what i know!
yukawa
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby billhedrick » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 pm

OK when you say installing an update, is it was the 11.04 update, that is not good. Because the 11.04 update will do bad things to Ultimate Edition I mistakenly thought this was a new installation. Try starting it with an older kernal. The fan issue I have no idea about.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby pch.shot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:11 am

I would do a diagnostics check on your system. Go into your bios first and see if everything looks ok in there.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby yukawa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:13 am

Older kernel versions working perfectly fine, as a windows 7. So I don't see any system problem.
yukawa
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9