Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Upgrading from 2.6

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

Upgrading from 2.6

Postby Funku » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Sorry for my nobbisum but I am very new to Linux as only installed to PS3 before, un-installed pretty quickly. After installing 2.6 on my desktop,which I found by a top Linux distro search, I love the look and feel of Ultimate Edition 2.6 but wonder if I should have gone straight to 2.9. I have downloaded 2.9 64X but when I load dvd disk I get funny streaking on screen. But to the point can I upgrade from 2.6 or is fresh install the only way? when I do a search with update manger I get a 10.10 version but is that ultimate Edition 2.9 or just a updated kernel ? I do have a memory card reader with sd card in and the boot thing set up on it but my mother board gives me funny options of USB ZIP, USB FDD and a couple of others, none boot. The only dvd I have is a rewritable one which I used to install 2.6 but now seems to play up. I've had a couple of beers I think that it might just be worth keeping 2.6 till I get used to it but then dont want to lose set up or data if I want to upgrade to 2.9.

Long live Linux

Advise thank you please
Funku
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Re: Upgrading from 2.6

Postby RobNJ » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm not sure about the "funny streaking", sounds like a problem with the download/burn.

To got from one version to another, you will need to install the new one, so any data not backed up, will be lost. Don't rush in to 2.9, 3.0 is very close!
RobNJ
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: Upgrading from 2.6

Postby Funku » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks RobNJ, I think I will play until 3.0 then really commit to Linux
Funku
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9