Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Post any problems with Ultimate Game Edition here.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.9

Re: Post any problems with Ultimate Game Edition here.

Postby xtremex » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:59 am

I try to do a USBLive with Ultimate Editions Gamers 2.8 x86.iso (with usb-creator.exe) and everything is copied ok the stick is boot-able but the process is not complete, and this message apear: "MD5 Checksums do not match" under Windows 7 and XP sp2. I checked the disc (image) and is ok the MD5 is ok sha1 is ok. But i think the other files MD5 checksums is not ok. Also the sistem not start from USB. Is some possibility to make in another way this UsbLive with pesistence?... say I want to be in the folder "Ultimate" system and Casper file both.

p.s.I downloaded the iso file three times and same error at all. :|

edit: I finally succeeded, and I found the problem (md5sum.txt's CRC is wrong in iso file, bad MD5 value :( ), but a while after boot my CRT screen is going in standby and I see that OS is loading but I cannot see anything on screen (I have Gigabyte M55plus MB with nvidia graphic card NV210 or LE6150). Also I have instaled Ultimate Edition 2.5 on my first HDD broken with update function (now I could not manage to install the new versions :( ). If I start live version from DVD same problem.
Thx <BREW>
----Best Regards!----
|XTREMEX|Image
Life is like a matrix...
xtremex
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Atheros wifi driver problem

Postby iceman27406 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 pm

I have an HP G60-243CL with an Atheros wifi card it was working fine with the live usb at first i am guessing with the generic driver when i installed it the button to turn on the wifi stays orange and it says disabled in the taskbar and now when i put the live usb back in it stays orange i have tried to use ndiswrapper but the driver file is .sys and it says not a valid .ini so i am wondering if i could just reinstall the generic driver back in? any help would be most appreciated and thank you for your time in advance.
iceman27406
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby iceman27406 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:11 pm

xtremex wrote:I try to do a USBLive with Ultimate Editions Gamers 2.8 x86.iso (with usb-creator.exe) and everything is copied ok the stick is boot-able but the process is not complete, and this message apear: "MD5 Checksums do not match" under Windows 7 and XP sp2. I checked the disc (image) and is ok the MD5 is ok sha1 is ok. But i think the other files MD5 checksums is not ok. Also the sistem not start from USB. Is some possibility to make in another way this UsbLive with pesistence?... say I want to be in the folder "Ultimate" system and Casper file both.

p.s.I downloaded the iso file three times and same error at all. :|

edit: I finally succeeded, and I found the problem (md5sum.txt's CRC is wrong in iso file, bad MD5 value :( ), but a while after boot my CRT screen is going in standby and I see that OS is loading but I cannot see anything on screen (I have Gigabyte M55plus MB with nvidia graphic card NV210 or LE6150). Also I have instaled Ultimate Edition 2.5 on my first HDD broken with update function (now I could not manage to install the new versions :( ). If I start live version from DVD same problem.
Thx <BREW>

did you use unetbootin? i used it and it worked fine for me it does all the work for you.
iceman27406
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Morbious Stone » Thu May 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi I keep repeatedly downloading 2.6-2.8.-2.9 -2.6-2.7 gamers and Not gamers... Over a long periods of time I have 2.6 Running on another machine and out of all the times I've download any versions gamers or not I have only Gotten 1 other functional download 2 bad i needed that USB and erased it, So I figured even though I've read and read over all the info and used unetbooten b4 that it would work i even Got my buddies interested in it and they downloaded several copies of each & Got a number or errors. To start off my errors were Hyper transport flood sink error every time and my live usb's give me that plus "modprob error lib/dev does not exist" on 2 different usb's and dvds get me 2 a loading screen and crash I'm sure there is something you could tell me to help But also after three friends and several downloads by all of each version This must happen more often than not and i've been checking the md5 check sums as of late and they are always un-matching 5 times in a row Without fail, I have high speed Fios internet I have a MSI AM3 790FX -GD70 Mobo kingston hyper X DDR3 1600 ram regular old IDE HDD and a ATI 3870x2 vid card I tried tiny linux and it ran like a bandit Is there something i'm missing I did every thing the same I did the first time and the time i got that usb with 2.7 working and that took 3 times but once i got it it worked on every pc i used it on I'm lost any suggestions would be awesome Oh and I used unet booten and the ult unet booten from here as well I'm running win 7 64 my other machine is ult 2.6 semp 754 1 gb
Morbious Stone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.9 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu May 26, 2011 8:18 pm

OK let's see
where are you downloading from ?

Also are you using a download helper, to download faster? = Don't

have you tried a different flash drive ( as I have one that refuses to do unetbootin or startup disk creator ! )

When burning a DVD are you Burning at the slowest speed ?

Just throwing some things at ya ! Cuz these are some of the most common issues ! ;) :ugeek:

Note: usually if the MD5 sum and ISO don't match there has been an interruption in the transmission, or a download helper has ignored certain "long" files or the site has a corrupted ISO file !
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Morbious Stone » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:OK let's see
where are you downloading from ?

Also are you using a download helper, to download faster? = Don't

have you tried a different flash drive ( as I have one that refuses to do unetbootin or startup disk creator ! )

When burning a DVD are you Burning at the slowest speed ?

Just throwing some things at ya ! Cuz these are some of the most common issues ! ;) :ugeek:

Note: usually if the MD5 sum and ISO don't match there has been an interruption in the transmission, or a download helper has ignored certain "long" files or the site has a corrupted ISO file !

Thanksfor your help I'm so lost at this point, No Download Helper(Good to know) Yes I tried My newest USB several times ,and I'm also using the very 1 that worked twice pny 8 gb, and now the new adata nba 4 gb...on dvd Slowest speed burns and it gets me 2 almost loaded on the loading screen,is it possible on long down loads my pc is powering down ie standby or amd cool and quite? and ruining the download? and i noticed on both drives one gets to 150 files and the other get to 130 and just sits there forever lagging i always just thought it was just extracting?? one of my drives has a light it continued 2 blink so it looked ok.... and yes burned slowest speed got my buddy to the live desktop but would not install, got me to the first screen were you can select layout ,language,i think keyboard, and crash. and the majority of my downloads have been from ether ult.info or ultOZ a few times I dl from a torrent just to see if it made a difference and the torrent ones I got the closest to loading the desktop so after this its looking like bad downloads?? something is amiss here if it installs 2 usb correctly it just works man and its so fun,awesome,super useful and quick 2.6 & 2.7 are works of art!!!!!!!!!! you think its possible isp's hate sourceforge? i know they don't like torrents even legit ones like Linux, I've been thinking that sourceforge has corrupt files/dl's, either way nothing i have ever downloaded has ever given me this much trouble i noticed this way b4 i ever 1 time posted in ultoz long ago and i just sat on it i guess because my old rig was still running like a bandit so it wasn't mission critical or anything just a pita to me,to me these downloads have wrong checksums sooo often and that is the only reason ulted is not being heralded in every PC mag as the best OS known 2 man in Pc's since windows any version ,when the dl is good it run and installs super easy... well any other suggestions? alt dl links? let me know
Morbious Stone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Morbious Stone » Sun May 29, 2011 4:30 am

Nothing huh?
Morbious Stone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Morbious Stone » Mon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Thanks Already used those I've downloaded all versions more than 20 times each. Does this have anything 2 do with the 64 bit versions? and why am i getting hyper-transport flood sink errors with out fail and a reboot? This is So repeatable its ridiculous I'm starting to think that donations are slow, So downloads are intentionally corrupt So people have 2 pay 15 bucks for a dvd There is no logical reason people have 2 down load minimum 5 times to get a decent down load period and I've read the forums it doesn't make sense for that 2 be par for the coarse regardless of using 1)Different burners ---2)different media ---- 3)different USB boot software----4) different USB's---- 5)different PC's------- 6)The USB bootable software is idiot proof There should be no reason for errors after sooooo many times---- 7) burning at the slowest speed (every body knows how to burn a disk) and getting the same result=FAIL-----8) getting only simple Answers that anybody with any common sense has already done, Which is fine at first but when its a repeat its not cool----9) which could also be number one.... zero response/polite excuses /and or no answers offered and or not a single tid bit of technical expert advice offered , If you think thats impolite To tell you exactly how it is, Well That's how it is and any tech/software/programmer expert/noob knows it, whether its said or not and further more the 15 au price tag is ether a obviously admission there is a serious problem making a dvd or a blatant attempt at a forced donation Which i was under the impression was against the whole Linux ideology ether way I'm frustrated and insulted and nobody I know as of late all with way more skills than me and several rigs each each with varying configs have had any success
Morbious Stone
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby dathem » Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm

[quote="Morbious Stone"]Thanks Already used those I've downloaded all versions more than 20 times each.

Hello, Well if you have followed and done all the suggestions to help you and downloaded from;

1 http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultimateedition/files/

2 http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/download

And your equipment is running perfectly, then it could be your Internet Provider and/or the time period(s) you try to download the files. In which case we can't possibly help you with that issue. I have personally downloaded Ultimate Edition files from Sourceforge and always get perfectly usable copies of Ultimate Edition on the first try.

Please, please understand that no Admin/Mods make any money from this forum. We are all here because we use Ultimate Edition and want to help anyone with FREE help during our FREE time. TheeMahn until recently refused to accept any donations period. Sincerely, dathem
1)HPE-500F a 6 core @ 2.70 Ghz, with 8 gigs of Ram and a 1.5 T HD
the graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 with 512 MB DDR3 Ultimate Edition 3.2, Windows 7
2) HP Pav Elite m9040n Core2 quad 4gig ram Nvidia Geforce 8400, 640 g hd Win.7, UBUNTU 10.10
3) Gateway FX4710-UB0031 Core 2 quad 6 g ram Nvidia 8600gt-1gigddr3, 640g hd & Windows 7, & PCT Destined
Registered Linux User 533601
dathem
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 2.7 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 pm

Morbious Stone wrote:Thanks Already used those I've downloaded all versions more than 20 times each. Does this have anything 2 do with the 64 bit versions? and why am i getting hyper-transport flood sink errors with out fail and a reboot? This is So repeatable its ridiculous I'm starting to think that donations are slow, So downloads are intentionally corrupt So people have 2 pay 15 bucks for a dvd There is no logical reason people have 2 down load minimum 5 times to get a decent down load period and I've read the forums it doesn't make sense for that 2 be par for the coarse regardless of using 1)Different burners ---2)different media ---- 3)different USB boot software----4) different USB's---- 5)different PC's------- 6)The USB bootable software is idiot proof There should be no reason for errors after sooooo many times---- 7) burning at the slowest speed (every body knows how to burn a disk) and getting the same result=FAIL-----8) getting only simple Answers that anybody with any common sense has already done, Which is fine at first but when its a repeat its not cool----9) which could also be number one.... zero response/polite excuses /and or no answers offered and or not a single tid bit of technical expert advice offered , If you think thats impolite To tell you exactly how it is, Well That's how it is and any tech/software/programmer expert/noob knows it, whether its said or not and further more the 15 au price tag is ether a obviously admission there is a serious problem making a dvd or a blatant attempt at a forced donation Which i was under the impression was against the whole Linux ideology ether way I'm frustrated and insulted and nobody I know as of late all with way more skills than me and several rigs each each with varying configs have had any success

In my line of work I have installed all forms of Ultimate Edition on HUNDREDS of systems of all types and makes.

Your hyper transport sync errors are highly common of a damaged or failing memory controller and or VRM,s on the CPU.

OR

A ill thought out overclock

OR

improperly set bios settings

or Heat

As with any install, look at the system first.

Then look at your net and make sure your not suffering packet loss

As for the ISO,s, they all work fine. Heck I am over my 621 systems converted to linux mark and at least 2/3 of them are ultimate edition . 2.6.1 2.7 2.8 2.8 gamers 2.9 x32 and x64 .

Sorry guy, but there just is no validity to your claims.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.9