Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Postby witblits1970 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:29 pm

i know its early but i have just had a look at this release 11.04 alpha 2, look nice till you want to look for say a media player or synaptic or even a game or so. why have ubuntu changed the complete gui in this manner?? it appears very confusing at this point and i hope Ultimate Edition resists the temptation to follow suit? sorry bout this im just sad to see the change :?
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: 11.04

Postby billhedrick » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:37 pm

ummm if you look at Ultimate Edition you will see it has TEN TIMES the basic software that Ubuntu has. There are also 4 different software installers, so I would say that your fears that Ultimate Edition won't have what the finished Ubuntu has are unwarranted...

Also you are looking at an ALPHA, you have probably another alpha release and then a Beta or 3 and an RC or 2 before the finished Ubuntu. Somewhere along the line they will add the base software you are missing.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby witblits1970 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 pm

billhedrick wrote:ummm if you look at Ultimate Edition you will see it has TEN TIMES the basic software that Ubuntu has. There are also 4 different software installers, so I would say that your fears that Ultimate Edition won't have what the finished Ubuntu has are unwarranted...

Also you are looking at an ALPHA, you have probably another alpha release and then a Beta or 3 and an RC or 2 before the finished Ubuntu. Somewhere along the line they will add the base software you are missing.

i use Ultimate Edition as a rule, just wanted to see how a basic install looked like as far as 11.04 goes. it was just an observation
mobo asus m5a99 x
ram 16 gig ddr3 @1333mhz kingston
hdd 2tb seagate
cpu 3.9 gig fx 6 core piledriver
witblits1970
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Postby Uffe » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 pm

witblits1970 wrote:i know its early but i have just had a look at this release 11.04 alpha 2, look nice till you want to look for say a media player or synaptic or even a game or so. why have ubuntu changed the complete gui in this manner?? it appears very confusing at this point and i hope Ultimate Edition resists the temptation to follow suit? sorry bout this im just sad to see the change :?

I think it's the Unity desktop you are referring to, and I share your concerns. I too hope Ultimate Edition stay with Gnome. To me Unity is a change just for the net-book, certainly not for the desktop-computer - and I see it more as a change for the changes sake than for the better :( - but that's just my opinion :!:
Uffe

Ubuntu minimal w/ Mate desktop 64bit
Asrock N68-GE3 UCC - AMD X4 640 - 4 Gb Kingston ram
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 60 Gb + 500 Gb WD sATA HD

Ultimate Edition 2.9 64bit
Asrock 2core 1333-2.66G - 2 Gb Kingston ram
750 Gb Samsung WD sATA HD
Plextor DVD-RW - Asus 24" fladskærm

If your Danish, try http://www.linux-abc.dk to share your knowledge and questions
Uffe

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 pm

11.04 is still in development and undergoing testing, It is FAR from complete and more than likely will take until 11.10 before 89% of the bugs are worked out ! :roll: How ever with that said, I have spoken with TheeMahn 8-) extensively about just this issue ! And he says what he has always said ! " He will deliver what the end users want" ! and then some ! As usual I am sure he will deliver a more than stellar offering ! And I am 99% sure, you can rest assured That Gnome will be the default desktop, With Unity as an option ! But that is not written in stone ! He will have to see what they provide him to work with, And then how much of there stuff he has to fix ! :lol: ;) I am sure you wont be disappointed ! <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Time » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:26 am

witblits1970 wrote:i know its early but i have just had a look at this release 11.04 alpha 2, look nice till you want to look for say a media player or synaptic or even a game or so. why have ubuntu changed the complete gui in this manner?? it appears very confusing at this point and i hope Ultimate Edition resists the temptation to follow suit? sorry bout this im just sad to see the change :?

What I did was add cairo dock with the menu on it to make it a little easier. I myself don't like the change but it does work ok
ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard
AMD fx 8120
Ati 7970 video card
2 90 gig ocz ssd raid 0 (Windows 7)
Western Digital SATA3 3 tb
Corsair f115 sata 2 ssd (for Ultimate edition)
16 GiGs DDR3
Time

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8