Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

make failed. please help

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

make failed. please help

Postby ADPdirty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 am

I am trying to install my sounddriver (its working but i want to make sure that its working from a MFG driver and not from some "it will make a noise" driver that came with the release of ubuntu.)
Following installation instructions that are usual
Code: Select all
cd ~/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00#
make

this command returns
root@batman-P5W-DH-Deluxe:/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00# makemake -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-22-generic/build M=/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
  CC [M]  /home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o
/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.c:14: fatal error: sound/driver.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
make: *** [all] Error 2
root@batman-P5W-DH-Deluxe:/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00#

so ofcourse going next step "sudo make install" gives me this
root@batman-P5W-DH-Deluxe:/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00# sudo make install
Copy module files...
cp: cannot stat `ctxfi.ko': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1
root@batman-P5W-DH-Deluxe:/home/batman/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00#

What am i doing wrong and why does it say that downloaded files from creative.com are missing.
I searched the NET for answers and looks like some libraries are missing (also said its a bad thing) and ofcourse i have no clue of what libraries they talk about. I know windows has DirectX Net Framework to make it absolutely functional, but for this OS i am clueless (x64 ubuntu UE2.8)

Do i need to install something to be able to install something else ? :?

Thanks in advance. :)
Firefox+Adblock+MyWot makes Windows 7 obsolete "OS"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Re: make failed. please help

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:42 am

Keep it simple, Linux is simple. Stop over thinking it.

Linux ubunu sound drivers are miss understood. One thing I know is some of the gains are pre set to high. Use any number of sound mixers in ubuntu software center to have a more advanced control over the gains. Wala it works great and your done. I my self use alsa sound mixer.

That said, More detailed info about driver in question and Ill look into it.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby deate » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Why don't you try this...people here are willing to help you, but let's get specific as to what your problem is( and yes, I have read all of this post, so I do understand!)
List the name and model of the sound card, so we at least have a clue as to what we're dealing with
give us a link as where you found the driver you wish to use
tell us what instructions you might have followed from that link
be civil! We are all volunteers here, and most would like to see your problems resolved, so that you have a pleasant experience with Linux.
deate
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite

Postby ADPdirty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:10 pm

I already tried number of apps to configure Alsa mixer etc. none of them detecting any other inputs but those on the PCI card. None detecting those in Front panel.

Creative X-Fi Platinum PCI with front interface MIDI input Mic 2 and Line-in 2 as well as AUX and optical inputs. None of those on the front panel are detected by any application.

Reason why i want to install driver fond at creative.com is because with the default video driver Ubuntu thinks my screen is 50". When i install ATI driver (by enabling restricted driver) it is corrected and now ubuntu knows that my monitor is actually 47"
With that in mind i assumed that Ubuntu will find more inputs as soon as i install driver from creative.com
BUT i dont care if there is any other way i can use ASIO on my soundcard so i can finaly use RAKARRACK for my electric guitar

I tried: "Alsamixergui" "alsa mixer" "gnomealsa" etc. Is there one ultimate alsa configuration application ?
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Ok, so driver link please ?

Google is your friend, tried searching for anyone else who tried this on a Debian based linux ?

Also, for now on, no more attacks towards Linux, Ubuntu,ultimate edition etc. We will do all we can to help, believe me on that.

But please, try to use more TACT on your approach to asking for help to avoid any more frayed nerves.

This would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I cleaned up this thread of yours to get it back on track.

Also FYI my 42 inch is detected as a 50 inch , so I looked into it. Turns out the components used are the same as the 50 inch to 57 inch screens.

My 32 inch is detected as a 27 inch lol

As long as the right driver is installed, it will detect native res just fine. So no worries, I posted in your other thread how to install ATI cat 11.1 .
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby ADPdirty » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Debian based linux ? i didnt even know linux can be based on something other then kernel
Link http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10792
Name Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi and X-Fi Titanium Series Linux 32-bit / 64-bit Driver Source Release
filename XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00.tar.gz

And like i said, i did search for answers, but not allot of people have creative cards on linux. All i could find was: see above. BTW didnt i already type this last night ? Но я думаю что ты не смотриш на технические данние моего сообщения, но те которые выражают мою нетактичность.

as for monitor
its 47" instead of 50", not 42
native res is not detected. whole desktop is over scaled so i cant see main menu because its off the screen, unless i change res to 1920x1080 (which i wasnt able to until Ultimate Edition v2.8 came out)
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby billhedrick » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:43 pm

What video card are you using?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Whats with the hidden text ADPdirty !??
Но я думаю что ты не смотриш на технические данние моего сообщения, но те которые выражают мою нетактичность.

Translation:

"But I think that you're not on the technical smotrish dannie my posts, but those who express my tactlessness".

Explain Please ! :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby ADPdirty » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:28 am

It means:
"I dont think you are looking at the technical data on my posts but rather tact issues i have."
Like the 1st message of this topic says:
"I searched the NET for answers and looks like some libraries are missing"

Reply was:
Smoke some weed and take it eazy

and another one
Google is your friend, tried searching for anyone else who tried this on a Debian based linux ?

which i did already thank you very much.

Video card is ATI HD 3870 X2 (its 512X2) but even with that the main reason for why i started this topic is not the video card or my tact, ITS THE "make" Errors and Make Install Errors.
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby billhedrick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 am

well, there is a an option that pops up immediately when you do the install, to install restricted hardware drivers, did you use that?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8