Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Few problems need resolution

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: Few problems need resolution

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:14 am

unfortunate for ya.

I can install every last update and have not one problem.

But there always seems to be a few people who do have problems.

I hear of it happening, just highly rare.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:08 am

Wow...just wow. Here`s your solution. Turn off Windows Updates, that`s right, I run 7 Ultimate and there`s nothing there you need. Reinstall Ubuntu and don`t update. Problem solved. Btw, most updates for Windows are security-related, as you noticed. If you run a good AV like Avast and use another browser, (I use Chromium), you won`t need them. :o
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby ADPdirty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:48 pm

1st thing i do when Windows installation is complete, i turn off automatic updates in case it installs them without notice and screwes up the system.
Reinstall ubuntu and dont update does not resolve issues it has, but it does make it functional (at least)
Chromium=Google Chrome
Google Chrome sucks. It only recently started to support plugins so i cant trust something like that. Plus its to flashy to be a professional browser, so is ubuntu Ultimate Edition. Too much flashy junk is like your girlfriend with to much make up on her face it reflects the environment around her. Underneath it is ugly "pimpled face" (crashes and issues).
Firefox+Adblock+MyWot makes Windows 7 obsolete "OS"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:55 pm

You realize of course that you`re posting the above in the Ultimate Edition fora, right? Two questions. If you truly feel that way about Ultimate Edition then why are you here wasting our time? The other question is obviously, are you just a troll? If so, then please leave and let the rest of us enjoy this wonderful distro. Btw, Chromium is not Chrome, it`s the open-source version with all the spyware removed. It seems as though you just want to start a fight. Typical troll behavior.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby ADPdirty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:22 pm

No i am trying to resolve or find resolution to issues i have with UE2.8
For example right now i am trying to install 2.8 X64 without updating it and noticed 2 things went wrong.
At the begining the uption to download and install updates does not download or installs updates ever. If it did, then why do i still have all those updates on the list ?
Anyway

As of right now, i started the installation (as usual) and set everything including username and now its a waiting game.
Status said "Getting time from network" or something like that. Well it did that for about 2-3 minutes and then screen went black and here i am loaded into Live session.
Any ideas

Oh wait, someone forgot to add
Code: Select all
If checkfortime  ("URL") = Error Then
    Continue ()
ElseIf checkfortime ("URL") = Time then
   SetTheTime()
   Continue
Endif
"simply because time is not critical component and why does it sync with the server after user had a chance to set it manually ?" Its like this: You can change it to what you want, but we gonna correct it for you regardless.
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm

I`ve installed Ultimate Edition 2.6, 2.8, 2.6 Gamer`s, Oz Unity and now 2.6.1 LTS and never had any problems with anything at all. It`s UBUNTU, for God`s sake! Never mind, carry on. Sheesh... :( (Btw, if you`re "trying to install it without updating", why do you gripe in the very next sentence about it not giving you the option to update)? "Oh wait, someone forgot to add
CODE: SELECT ALL
If checkfortime ("URL") = Error Then
Continue ()
ElseIf checkfortime ("URL") = Time then
SetTheTime()
Continue
Endif
"simply because time is not critical component and why does it sync with the server after user had a chance to set it manually ?" Its like this: You can change it to what you want, but we gonna correct it for you regardless." Dude, if you`re trying to prove that you`re smarter than TheeMahn, it will never happen, `kay? (I forgot, "Don`t Feed The Troll"). Hey Mods, hasn`t this farce gone on long enough? Just saying...
Last edited by onosendai58 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby ADPdirty » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Its weird to see people think i try to prove anything.
In the begining i asked questions that were not answered. If those were answered i would not have any further questions.
Question that i want to know the most is who coded ubuntu and who codes most of apps for ubuntu repository ?
By who i mean: for the most percentage people from what country ? Just because everything here is in English, doesnt mean its all from USA.

This will answer many questions and stop me from asking even more.

Hope to get the correct answer this time
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby onosendai58 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:50 pm

As I understand it TheeMahn is the genius behind it all and he`s Indian.
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Postby billhedrick » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:18 pm

well, there are folks from at least a dozen countries represented here. I am American, others are from Down Under, Israel, India, France Jamaica, and more. Ubuntu is an international project, as is Ultimate Edition.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby ADPdirty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:32 am

From India ha ?
So is this movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOlz2ei4Yk
I now see why ubuntu is like that, its flashy and ridiculously failed.
but what country is behind the KERNEL and most of applications for Ubuntu ? :?:
Last edited by ADPdirty on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8