Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

little display problem ...plz help needed

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

little display problem ...plz help needed

Postby gooner » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

hello guys....first of all...congo and thanks a zillion for Ultimate Edition 2.8 ...i currently am on 64 bit ...i have a 512 mb ATI video card....and i have this little display prob
the problem is..." under the top panel...i get this really ugly awkward looking shadow in the blue color and also the EVERY WINDOW BORDER IS OF BLUE COLOR...ITS LIKE TOTALLY BLINDING MY EYE....."...how do i solve it???
i tried changing the theme but nothing happened.....and i also tried changing the window border color but nothing happened either...

but at the start up...i get this message saying that.."i915 symbols cant be found"...."graphics turbo disabled"....

but my graphics and extra effects works absolutely superb

below is the screen shot where under the top panel u can c the real ugly blue shadow..which just doesnt go...no matter what
and also guys....i also attached a sreenshot of the particular window in mine which shows the real ugly blue color on its border and which it never changes...plz help me out in this too...
Screenshot.png
this is the shadow anamoly

thnx guys..awaiting a reply asap...merry christmas !
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
this is the window border anamoly...which i tried changing several times but in vain
gooner
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Re: little display problem ...plz help needed

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:56 am

Your using compiz as windows manager . So to change borders you need to do it in emerald theme manager.

Screenshot.png

Look and see where my mouse is pointing at the top of the screen. Right click on it and select emerald theme manager.

Wala Fixed

If that Icon is missing , find it in applications/system tools Named compiz fusion icon

As for the driver problem, seen this 1 time on a dell.

administration/synaptic package manager

Screenshot-1.png

Type in Intel , find the intel driver packs and right click on them and select reinstall.

Worked for me, hope it works for you.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Re: little display problem ...plz help needed

Postby dougal » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:47 pm

I second that for the Com piz icon install. After that you can right-click the blue Compiz settings icon on the panel and choose Emerald as your theme manager. Once you have done that (sometimes you need to reboot) you can then load Emerald (which can take a moment or two) then alter the frame shadows to suit you or even change the theme altogether.
There are good pages on the web for downloading and installing Emerald themes if you want to experiment and have a go at changing things.
I would suggest you do a 'Back in time' back-up in the 'System Tools' menu first though in case things get screwed up. Hopefully you can then get back to where you were before you started to experiment with downloading and installing packages.
Simply changing themes in Emerald should present you with no problems though so no need to fret there...

Good luck and hope our suggestions work for you.

Merry Xmas.
ImageImage

Serious Ultimate Edition user with little talent but, stacks of enthusiasm and willing to help anyone as much as I humbly can...
Main OS: Ultimate Edition 2.6 on all my machines (can't live without Emerald)
On probation OS: 3.5 64-bit
dougal
Site Admin

Operating System: Other O/S

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8