Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

ok heres my bug list.... :P

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

ok heres my bug list.... :P

Postby deviltalk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:06 pm

gonna do what i do best, find bugs.
intro, I've been using computerssince the days of trs-80's when i was a wee pup. i'm 32, and i used to could program in basic, pascal, and batch (good ol' dos) now i just build pc's and trouble shoot bugs/ issues for friends. as my current occupation takes all of my time nit spent with my 4 children..... lol i currently have a lovely dfi-lanparty was top of the line 5 years ago, pc (my oldest twins are 5) i am currently studiying(in what little spare time i dont have) c++ and linux(i like it its fun and FREE) and then my ldx110 (netbook) that is what i am using ultimate 2.8 on. ok onto the bugs i have found

PART 1

implementing themes, i have installed several additional programs, 2.8 has registered most, but some i have to use the command line to get into.
emerald theme i have to run compiz fusion icon then refresh the desktop for it to take affect at every load.
GDM login manager does not actually change the login screen and just does not affect anything.(that i can tell)
installed ubuntu tweak, it helps with some of the theme changes but not the way it should.
kde4 i cannot for the life of me figure out how to upgrade it, and none of the commands from the console work simply says not a command. now i have installed several programs but i cannot find them either. no "shortcuts" were put into the menu.

yes unfortunatly due to my inextensive experience with linux i at this time cannot explain the bugs per-se but i will list the problems with apps, i do not mean to sound like a rant or otherwise, just putting to words some issues down.

ok thats it at this time, i will append this with proper details as i find them currently working on this now.

ttfn
Intel(R) Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Re: ok heres my bug list.... :P

Postby deviltalk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:01 am

mozilla says either close or restart the desktop, but eventually loads after a couple minutes(too long) i have this problem after i put on a mozilla theme, that i have also uninstalled, but it has come back, funny......

menu/preferances/customize look and feel is what i use to change my general window appearance. the changes stick with reboot.

emerald theme only works from within compiz fusion icon (in /menu/system tools) ie active.
when compiz fusion icon is running you right click it, select reload window manager, and bang the new theme is available. unfortunatly it is not persistant with a reboot.

from compiz fusion icon, you can switch between openbox, and compiz window managers and gtk window decorator or emerald. emerald is better to work with, but certain aspects of gtk are nice as well, but only emerald has a quick launch within compiz fusion icon.

yes i write "compiz fusion icon" every time because that was the program installed.

time to make breakfast for my children. more to follow
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:58 am

<BREW> I love it ! Now HERE Is a tester !!! <BREW> Carry on ! We cant fix it if we don't know its broken ! There is are more than likely an explanation or recommendation for your bugs! But keep'em coming ! we'll work on it with you ! Thanks For the input !!!! <BREW> Now ! FEED the children !!! :lol: ;) <BREW>
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:07 am

Problem is, most if not all the bugs he has listed are not bugs as much as system based inconstancies . Not every system will suffer what he is seeing .

Not one of my systems show any of these problems, but I have seen them on other systems. By no means all of them.

Question, is your test system the one in your sig with the netbook atom CPU ?
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:01 pm

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:Problem is, most if not all the bugs he has listed are not bugs as much as system based inconstancies . Not every system will suffer what he is seeing .

Not one of my systems show any of these problems, but I have seen them on other systems. By no means all of them.

Question, is your test system the one in your sig with the netbook atom CPU ?

Dude ! you are so right ! great post ! Well on you way to ................Wait fer it ! ................. <BREW> !!
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby deviltalk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:08 pm

yes this is my test system (on sig) duel boot with win xp partitioned with partition magic. i've run ubuntu 9.04, 10.04, and 10.10 (1010 was the upgrade not fresh install messy) so i killed part, rebuilt it with ultimate 2.8 (10.10)

i'm just writing problems as i encounter them, thank you for letting me know.

[edit]

understandably, different user systems will encounter problems, unique to there machines as well, but with some of the information i am providing, allows the programmers to see said inconsistancys with program interaction.
sometimes one bug or inconsistancy shows in one set of machine specs, and behave compleatly differently in another system. with an apropiate amount of feedback, we can locate the bugs, and repair them.

error handlers are designed to sort out errors of different types and sort them into fixable or terminable. a good error handler will log these errors, so that the programmers can look into a fix for it because a program may run properly on one system does not mean there is no bug. ok, rants over lol <BREW> cheers

if you have any feedback on errors you have encounterd let me know, that can help locate mesh inconsistancys.
etc blah blah blah....

C.
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 pm

FYI , seen these problems on netbooks with intel atom same CPU and chipset your sporting.

Unity OZ works better on that chipset, but Ultimate Edition 2.8 did ok, just had to work around few things.

Bugs your seeing are system based . Makes it 1000 times harder to trouble shoot lol.

works here but not here is tough to figure out what direction to go to fix it lol.

Try unity OZ man worked soooooooooo much better on netbooks with Intel Atom.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/Oz%20Unity%201.0/ozunitydebut.iso/download
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby deviltalk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Gúrú Linux ríomhaire wrote:FYI , seen these problems on netbooks with intel atom same CPU and chipset your sporting.

Unity OZ works better on that chipset, but Ultimate Edition 2.8 did ok, just had to work around few things.

Bugs your seeing are system based . Makes it 1000 times harder to trouble shoot lol.

works here but not here is tough to figure out what direction to go to fix it lol.

Try unity OZ man worked soooooooooo much better on netbooks with Intel Atom.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ueoz/files/UEOz/Oz%20Unity%201.0/ozunitydebut.iso/download

cool bean will check it out.... having issues with anjuta:ide and code::blocks ide cant view the output of my prog.... bah. i dont wanna do it in windows... lol

btw i havnt found any new firware upgrades for the lgx110, it seems as though lg just dropped support for this one, on the other hand, i could run it over and not care..... but its fun to play with.
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 am

Try a reinstall ! I have had some issues in the past with things not hitch'n up an a reinstall worked ! :ugeek:
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
Team Leader at
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8