Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help with a new rig not booting Live DVD [solved- kinda]

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: Help with a new rig not booting Live DVD

Postby Wolfie Lee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:11 am

Well, I'm going to leave a lot of BIOS Questions out of this for now, since I tried one setting at a time after resetting the defaults, and still no joy. Going to try the exchange after work today, so may be coming home with the AM2 MB for this project. I get back and leave progress report when I can...

Still curious of other operating systems to try with this mix, since I may be STUCK with the board.... :oops:
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
MB: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
CPU: AMD FX6300 Black (6x 3.5GHz)
CPU cooler: OCZ Vedetta with replacement Nanoxia Deep Silence 92mm 1400 RPM fan
MEM: 8GB (2x4GB) Ballistix Sport DDRIII 1600; PC3-12800
GPU: XFX Double Dispersion Radeon R7 360P-F22M 1050MHz 2GB GDDR5
OS SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-5183
PS: XFX 650W XXX Edition Grey Modular
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 Lite Gamers

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:38 am

Let me give you a website for the store I buy from...... in Victoria, Australia, http://www.msy.com.au
These are in AUD obviously, but with our dollar on or near par with the USD, would give you some idea about pricing... Do some window shopping.... it therapeutic.... :D

i also buy from there , the store in clayton :) only live up the road so its a dream for me haha.
ok about your problem i have right next to me a friends lappy whch died on him a few weeks ago turns out to be bad ram, but enough about that the reasons im telling you this is because every linux c.d i have died the laptop kept dieing just as it went to load the kernel until i tried peppermint OS booted fast and straight away so give that i try i guess. http://peppermintos.com/ i hope you are successful :D
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Postby deviltalk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 am

i buy from ncix.com allways check prices there before i buy somthing from someone else.

btw Hawk, looks more like blood angels to me.... hehe(nids n BAngels)
Intel(R) Atom CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz
512 KB L2
1 g ram

deviltalk
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby Wolfie Lee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:07 pm

OK!!

They determined that the board was good, but agreed to an even exchange of the ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA Socket AM2+ Mainboard...so I guess we can call this one solved.

Lot's of kudos to 3BTech...most places would not be so flexible on their stated policies. Those guys have always treated me BETTER than I expect. I would whole-heartedly recommend ordering from them to anyone, after doing your online shopping around for best prices....

I'm still stumped as I'll ever be on this, too, Guru...I've dual-booted more than one P4 rig....oh well, it's done, and ALL three of the P4's in the house are headed to the "warehouse"...I help out when I can at "FreeGeek Michiana"...they recycle old computers and re-use what can be for "Freeboxes"...mostly for students who need a computer for their Schoolwork. We just recently went from Vector Linux to Ubuntu (current LTS) as the OS on all Freeboxes.

Thanks to all for all the help and input.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
OS: Ultimate Edition 4.6 gamers x64; Windows 7 x64 custom Nvidia Black edition; Linux Mint 17.3 MATE x64
NO Storage drive (yet)
Optical Drive: LG Super-multi with MODISC capabilities(Model# hidden in new build, not gonna remove it now...lol)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby pclinuxguru » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Glad ya got it fixed. <BREW>
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby Wolfie Lee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah, as "fixed" as it's gonna be. :lol:

I gave it more than 100% and still nothing, so I'm glad they decided to go ahead and have me build them the AMD-Based rig. It will only cost them $10 more, as the Athlon x2 is not mine, but he said whichever...to give it back, or give him $10....SOLD! Bye-bye P4's...for good. :mrgreen: I'll let ya know how that goes when I can.

I'll have to Triple - Boot this one just to take a gander at Unity. Is that available in the x64 flavor? All I'm doing tonight is letting the Ultimate Edition 2.8 x64 iso DL, and I'm off to bed when I sign off...

G'Nite, all...
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Postby pclinuxguru » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:26 am

Wolfie Lee wrote:Yeah, as "fixed" as it's gonna be. :lol:

I gave it more than 100% and still nothing, so I'm glad they decided to go ahead and have me build them the AMD-Based rig. It will only cost them $10 more, as the Athlon x2 is not mine, but he said whichever...to give it back, or give him $10....SOLD! Bye-bye P4's...for good. :mrgreen: I'll let ya know how that goes when I can.

I'll have to Triple - Boot this one just to take a gander at Unity. Is that available in the x64 flavor? All I'm doing tonight is letting the Ultimate Edition 2.8 x64 iso DL, and I'm off to bed when I sign off...

G'Nite, all...

Nope sorry no x64 unity as of yet.

But, it is the i686 support with up to 64 GB of ram supported.

Going AMD was a very wise choice that will end well I am sure. I have used AMD exclusively for years now. Never a regret, always been very pleased.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby Wolfie Lee » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Yeah, I guess I was trying to get blood from a turnip, there, eh? Coming at you from the new machine right now: :D

Dual Boot Ultimate Edition 2.8 x64 / Windows 7 Nvidia Edition x64 (custom RT Black Edition)
Motherboard - ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA Socket AM2+ Mainboard
Processor - Athlon x2 2.3GHz
Video - EVGA Nvidia 6200 512MB
Memory - 4GB DDR II 667MHZ pc5300 Topram memory
**on loan from my rig - I goofed again :oops: , thinking it was DDR (1) which I had planned for the P4 rig**
HDD - Maxtor 80Gig
Optical - Lite-on 22x DVD Writer

Yeah, I did notice Unity was only 32 bit after I asked about it. I tried putting it along side the Dual boot, but ran into problems...so...CAN you put two Linux OS's next to a Win OS? I have never tried it, and gave up on trying to get the partition tables right before I became TOO confused and borked the whole thing...but NOW I have like 18GB free space on the drive :roll: ...

I've said it here a million time and I'll say it a million more...THANKS A MILLION!
Last edited by Wolfie Lee on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

Re: Help with a new rig not booting Live DVD [solved- kinda]

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

As long as you install in this order

1. Windows

2. Linux install 1

3. linux install 3

Grub will auto detect each OS and auto config no problem.

How ya like the new build chief ?

FYI if grub fails to detect OS # 3 just update grub via linux install 1 and wala Done.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Re: Help with a new rig not booting Live DVD [solved- kinda]

Postby Wolfie Lee » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 am

I like it just fine, but Ultimate Edition 2.8 still a bit buggy, I'll have to search the forums, as I can't get ANY Theme to Re-do the Window borders...while everything else changes (cursor, icons and such), the borders always stay Ultimate Edition 2.8 Blue. :? Then last night, it fired it up and the WHOLE desktop and theme were Plain-Vanilla Ubuntu circa like TEN years ago...I did a repair broken packages, and that work that one out...I think Thee does AWESOME Work here, but the it seems the beta testers could spot these things....ah well. At lest in Linux, the Recovery mode is BONE simple and WORKS...

Thanks to the triple-boot info....I always set up my Dual-boot manually...but trying the Third OS, it started to get confusing for me, so I left the Free space there and shut it down. So, the Auto mode will see and use the Free space left to the disc? ... I promise no more questions about the new install without looking through the threads.... ;)
NO Storage drive (yet)
Wolfie Lee
U.E. Pro
U.E. Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8