Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Problem with firefox tabs and icons

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Problem with firefox tabs and icons

Postby ADPdirty » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:48 am

I attached an image where you can see that when i move mouse over website address icon it pops out some information.
Problem with that is that it pops it out to low so if i want to grab that website icon and place it into my Bookmark folders i cant, because its blocking them (not all but those i need)

ALso i dont understand why changing THEME icons does not change icons for firefox ? and cursor change only effecting applications like firefox but not the desktop. is it the firefox issue here or a bug ?
Also why firefox text is blue instead of black like with any version of windows, is it normal Linux thing or its the Ultimate edition tweak ?

Sorry for too many random questions at once, but i really want to know.
THanks !

Screenshot.jpg
Firefox+Adblock+MyWot makes Windows 7 obsolete "OS"
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 1.0

Re: Problem with firefox tabs and icons

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:33 pm

My guess would be a theme/customization problem.

I would like more info as to theme or customization type things you have done.

Few more screen shots with more detail to see if we can help solve this for you.

P.s. I can not help but to notice your screen rez is quite low.

looks to be around 800x600 or 1024x768 . I am going to fathom a guess this is your problem.

also note: Ctrl and + or - keys zoom in and out and can effect such things. menu / view / zoom / reset should help.

as for changing theme icons for firefox.

Not all themes change firefox themes. To change firefox icons , https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/themes/. find a theme you like and apply. Restart firefox and wala your done.

Now for global cursor change, my approach is as follows.

right click compiz icon / select windows decorator / GTK windows decorator / system / preferences / appearance / choose your choice of theme and then select customize / pointer / select your cursor theme choice / now close / compiz theme icon and change back to compiz for windows theme manager and now pointer will be global applied. Restart would be recommended at this time.

I also see that you use the bookmark bar over bookmark menu. I my self NEVER use bookmark bar but the bookmark menu. Allows for more view area to be used when surfing the web.

Screenshot-2.png
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby ADPdirty » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 am

Image is cropped to window
my res is 1920 1080.
Figured out icons thanks.
I use firefox and i have 10's of bookmarks and they are not low enough away from the adress bar so that the popout info blocks bookmarks when i try to click and drag address to bookmarks folders (those that get on the way) I know windows doesnt have that problem so am guessing its ubuntu addon that supplies some identity information or something when mouse is hovering over the address.
Dont remember seeing it in windows version of firefox but ill have to check.
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby pclinuxguru » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:54 am

well unless you like identity theft, browsing in windows isn't a good idea.

windows = worlds greatest virus detection system lol. Unless you can run in standard desktop account.

Like I said, just use bookmark menu over bar and problem solved.

google chromium

google chrome

opera

are also great alternatives if Firefox fails to meet your needs.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby ADPdirty » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:12 am

Google Chrome is too new to support plugins and work correct. I know it from experience.
Opera sucks
Chromium and everything else is undeveloped just like any other linux browser and do not render correctly.
Firefox does render pretty much everything but some of the employee websites that are hosted at your job locations (those made for MS Explorer strictly and no other browser will get them working right trust me)

Speaking of windows "Windows 7 is not the worlds greatest virus detection, that was XP or Vista"
I use firefox to avoid getting viruses using plugins that block adds or bad reported scripts and blocking bad reported by the community websites that can potentially harm my computer.
I have not caught a single virus since switched to windows 7 from XP and i disabled my firewall and dont have any antivirus protection installed.
All i have is firefox 2 addons called "Adblock" "MyWOT"
I can bet my ass for a fact that i have no viruses in my computer and u can scan me with anything u want. (Well i have files that are added to antivirus database as a threat, but those are not viruses and to prove that i tell you that i coded some of them my self for windows automation purposes)

Speaking of which. Define me a word computer virus.
I know Apple itunes is a virus (it acts like it so why not consider it a virus ?)
I know many other applications that make irreversible system changes that even if you uninstall them you dont get your system back the way it was, yet those are not added to the virus database ?

I know every single process that windows runs by default. When it comes to Ubuntu Ultimate Edition there are so many processes run or sleep or what ever else they do. There are so many its almost impossible to track weather or not they are a virus.

At least in windows you always know on which sde of the message box window the "cancel" and or "OK" button will appear. Unlike Linux, each application coded by a stranger so there are no rules or standards followed and thats why Linux as an OS failed.

Whoever codes linux needs to come up with a standard menu's layout and how functions need to work and how things should look for the most part. Look at any application in linux, one is completely different from another.

Windows follows some standards. Most applications look similar and menus are similar so u always know where to find "Preferences" or "Options" or what ever else and what they would look like. (Navigation in general) But linux is all random and people get lost in each application plus you have to know all those SUDO commands to get things working while in windows its all just click here and click there.

I dont want to fight linux, hey i am using itmy self (my #2 OS) and trying to learn it as much as i can. But more i go into it the more issues i find that will not make it successful as windows or apple.
Want to make it an OS's that works ? Get money involved and some professional coders that stick to rules and regulations. Till then my primary OS is windows 7 (because it works) and even if it doesnt, its faster to reinstall and restore everything (absolutely everything) it had with just a few clicks.
ADPdirty
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:32 am

my computer business is small, but I still deal with a fair amount of computers.

on the books, I show to date.

Windows 7 systems with serious viral infections in the last year

viruses with windows 7 leading to identity theft

Serious identity theft having to do with windows 7 .

Average infections per system windows 7 based

9 to 12 none detected or undetectable by traditional means.

Average over all infections found 35 to 55

Anti virus used on all listed systems

norton 360 and 2010 and 2009

bit defender

avast

avira

nod32

malwarebytes

spybot s&d

windows 7 systems infected with fake anti virus over last years time

514 total

Past years show windows xp had even less over all based on our findings.

so from where I stand windows 7 is every bit as bad as xp if not worse and windows is hands down a joke.

thus why I no longer offer windows unless demanded.

Infections encountered over last 6 months 97 systems to date Linux ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.7 and 2.8 based = 0

that is right, not 1 infection to date EVER.

Over all problem calls have dropped 97%

cold hard facts based on the books and well kept records.
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby onosendai58 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:02 am

Close this thread if you`re finished.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master