Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

printers that support Internet Printing Protocol

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: printers that support Internet Printing Protocol

Postby tittiger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:59 pm

FYI: Everyone I discovered a few resources for troubleshooting HP printers under Linux.

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html

I don't know why HP has to hide this info and not just include it with the trouble shooting for windows and Mac.
It was well buried and I only found it about the 5th time I went to the HP site.

They then throw in even more obtuseness. There is no info in the above knowledge base BUT they then again lead you to yet another freakin' web site where you can post questions.

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/137611

It would just make too much sence to put this last link on the HP site next to the Windows/Mac troubleshooting links. No that would have saved me the customer 5 days of research! Can't have that. I must be punished for not using M-Crap.

Any how I hope that these links can assist others in troubleshooting their printing problems with less effort than this one is taking.

Best and thanks for listening.
Joe
~Retired Geek and then Ubuntu happened~
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” Ben Franklin
tittiger
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby tittiger » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:26 am

I GOT IT PRINTING! :D

To keep things brief I found 2 resources that I had not found before:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/in ... index.html

which led me to:

https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/137611

--------------

The key to getting it to print was:

1.) To run hp-check -t which listed all the dependencies.

2.) I could not get the dependent packages installed with synaptic so support provided me with the proper
sudo apt-get install syntax to get the packages I needed.

3.) Then I installed the new driver from HP: sh hplip-3.10.9.run

Pretty simple in hindsight but for a neophyte like me it took a lot of turns and dead ends to get there.
Thanks for all your help gentlemen I hope this thread helps someone in the future with an HP printing problem.

--Joe
~Retired Geek and then Ubuntu happened~
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy” Ben Franklin
tittiger
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby deveshelles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

They then throw in even more obtuseness. There is no info in the above knowledge base BUT they then again lead you to yet another freakin' web site where you can post questions
Last edited by pclinuxguru on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lets keep links in sigs to linux , ultimate edition , ubuntu based content please.
deveshelles
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8