Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Conky your way in 2.8?

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: Conky your way in 2.8?

Postby stanca » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:33 pm

I was talking about that way: ;) :)
Screenshot.png
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby LINJEinc » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:35 pm

guess i have to show my conky setup to :)

http://www.linjeinc.com/files/screen.png
LINJEinc
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:30 pm

OK I think I have it working correctly, I reinstalled conky through Synaptic, copied JOHNNYG's script into the .conkyrc file and set it to start on boot.
It sits below the apps, ubt it has a titlebar, so I am not sure if I want to try to fix that yet
billhedrick
Site Admin

Postby JOHNNYG » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:34 am

billhedrick wrote:OK I think I have it working correctly, I reinstalled conky through Synaptic, copied JOHNNYG's script into the .conkyrc file and set it to start on boot.
It sits below the apps, ubt it has a titlebar, so I am not sure if I want to try to fix that yet

My conky script runs conky like an open app, you can move it max and minimize, If you run Thee's conky builder.sh It will tailor your conky to your rig and and place the regular type set up to your desk top, Also google conky scripts and you will find many different types you can play with ! Ubuntu forum has a very long tread with all kinds of scripts !
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Postby TheGrandFinale2001 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:55 pm

JOHNNYG wrote:
billhedrick wrote:OK I think I have it working correctly, I reinstalled conky through Synaptic, copied JOHNNYG's script into the .conkyrc file and set it to start on boot.

My conky script runs conky like an open app, you can move it max and minimize, If you run Thee's conky builder.sh It will tailor your conky to your rig and and place the regular type set up to your desk top, Also google conky scripts and you will find many different types you can play with ! Ubuntu forum has a very long tread with all kinds of scripts !

My conky has been real slow to start up and when it does show up it just freezes. Have you or anyone else had that problem? Or know what it might be?

Samsung P2770H 27" LCD Flat Panel Monitor 1080p
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366
Intel Core i7 920 Processor LGA1366
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Patriot Viper Memory RAM 12GB DDR3 1600
Seagate Barracuda XT 2 TB 7200 RPM
Western Digital Caviar Green WD30EZRS 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Logitech Gaming Mouse G500
Logitech Gaming Keyboard G510
TheGrandFinale2001
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby dmbtimmyb21 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:42 am

TheGrandFinale2001 wrote:
JOHNNYG wrote:

My conky has been real slow to start up and when it does show up it just freezes. Have you or anyone else had that problem? Or know what it might be?

Try this from terminal=>
killall conky
conky
And see what happens.

This could be a compiz-related issue: sometimes adding a simple script to delay the startup of conky will rectify this:
1) Create a file name .conky_start.sh in your Home Folder using a text editor (Show Hidden Files)
2) Paste this:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 20 && conky;

3) Then under System=>Preferences=>Startup Applications, Add a Startup Program that points to the command for the recently created script file.

Also, I have had issues with |whatismyip.org| timing out and hanging it {did NOT realize this was the culprit until I ran conky from terminal, no error would display when just using a typical run command [Alt+F2]}
Solution:
a)Open your .conkyrc file with a text editor, AND
b)Replace |whatismyip.org| with http://www.whatismyip.com/automation/n09230945.asp

Hope this information is helpful. Cheers.
dmbtimmyb21
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Previous

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8