Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:59 pm

geppettvs wrote:This test hasn't been so rigurous, and I think this release is including just a few programs (Compared with the release of the version 2.5). But I guess you are already working on it.

Voy a seguir realizando unas pruebas con cosas un poco mas elaboradas, como la instalacion de otro software (no incluido en la version 2.5 ni en la 2.8 y que a mi en lo personal me resultan utiles). Y posteriormente les informare.

I will continue running some tests with a more developed things, such as installing other software (not included even in the 2.5 version of Ultimate Edition, and useful for me). And I will give you an inform later.

Reciban un cordial saludo // Greetings all you

Welcome geppettvs,

I tried to translate this reply but I was not happy with the accuracy.
Nice post and I like all the translations for those that speak another language. And so I can understand it.

As far as 2.8 not having all the applications that 2.5 has the answer is simple.
Even numbered releases 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8 only have the Gnome desktop (windows manager) and Gnome applications for the most part if not completely.

Odd numbered releases 2.3/2.5/2.7 have multiple desktop managers (windows managers) like KDE, Gnome, LXDE, XFCE and OpenBox. It also has applications for all the desktops not just for Gnome so it has more programs naturally.

Happy testing. ;) <BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby geppettvs » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 am

2hot6ft2 wrote:Welcome geppettvs,

I tried to translate this reply but I was not happy with the accuracy.
Nice post and I like all the translations for those that speak another language. And so I can understand it.

As far as 2.8 not having all the applications that 2.5 has the answer is simple.
Even numbered releases 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8 only have the Gnome desktop (windows manager) and Gnome applications for the most part if not completely.

Odd numbered releases 2.3/2.5/2.7 have multiple desktop managers (windows managers) like KDE, Gnome, LXDE, XFCE and OpenBox. It also has applications for all the desktops not just for Gnome so it has more programs naturally.

Happy testing. ;) <BREW>

Muchas gracias por la bienvenida y tu explicacion en realidad es muy util para mi. Lamento escribir en dos idiomas. Yo mismo no estoy satisfecho con las traducciones automaticas y creo que las personas de habla latina o española pueden encontrar esto realmente util. Espero no estar rompiendo ninguna regla.

Thank you very much for your welcome and your explanation is really useful for me. Sorry about writing in both languages. I am not also satisfied with automatic translations and I think latin and spanish speakers may find this useful. I hope am not breaking any rules.

Acerca de las versiones pares y nones, ahora veo por que la instalacion resulto mas rapida que la version 2.5 (creo). Incluso la creacion del disco duro para arranque solo le ha tomado de 3 a 5 minutos, comparado con la version 2.5 a la que le tomo arriba de 10 minutos.

About the even and odd versions, now I see why the install was faster than the 2.5 version (i guess). Even the creation of the HDD for startup just took 3 to 5 minutes, compared to the 2.5 version which took more than 10 mins.

Yo creo que mas tarde hoy voy a continuar mi prueba pero mientras tanto debo fingir que trabajo. lol :lol:

I think later today am going to continue my test but I have to pretend working for now. lol :lol:

Saludos! // Greetings!
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
(formerly known as "LeMagnifique!")
Life's a bitch... then you die...
http://geppettvs.x10.mx
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13
2 GB Kingston 667Mhz DDR2 DIMM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT Sparkle (1024MB)

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
3xSATA Western Digital 500GB
1xSATA SONY DVD RW AD-7240S
1xSATA Blu-Ray ATAPI BD O DH4O3S
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with
+++1xTOSHIBA 40GB 2.5" HDD
=>IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (+4 IDE Support)
+++3xSamsung 80GB IDE HDD
+++1xWestern Digital 360GB IDE HDD

ATI TvWonder TvTuner and *NEW* Pinnacle PCTV
Bamboo MTE-450 Pointing system

1xBLAZAR Power Supply 24Pin
+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Dutch88 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:30 am

I tried the Alpha version of 2.8...nice cursor fix! I had a couple of sys halts but that was to be expected...mouse still moved but nothing else. Gonna wait til the release comes out, but it looks good! Just a kinda silly observation/question...., I have been told that you really get the 64bit advantage (in Windows) when you get over 4GB ram and want to do manipulation of large files....i.e. databases, video encoding, server stuff, etc. I have tried both versions of 2.7 but really can't tell any noticeable speed difference between the two. Where does Linux really USE that 64bit power? I haven't run any benchmarks but I imagine the 64bit will test faster but probably not noticeable unless you are doing the aforementioned file manipulation? What are the true benefits of going 64bit? Also, the future is 64/128 bit I'm sure!!! Thanks! (a long way from my Vic-20 3.5k!)
DUTCH88

Intel DG965OT Q6600 Quad Core
8GB DDR2 800 / 4TB Raid 0 / 1TB Non-Raid eSATA (For Ultimate Edition)
768MB EVGA GTX-460 SC

+ Zenithink ZT-280 C91 10.2" tablet running ICS and begging for a Ultimate Edition Port!!
Dutch88
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby jshuford » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:27 pm

The only problem that I have that I can't seem to get around is running v2.8 as a VM in VMWare. There seems to be a USB issue with staying connected...Not an issue really; just annoying.

Thank you
Intel 8088 CPU @ 4.77 MHz 10MB Seagate ST-412 HDD,128kB RAM

"I don't know anything about anything...I will however steer you wrong if you like"
jshuford
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello jshuford .

This issue will be solved with the next Release of VBox .
There is no package that cover the 2.6.35 kernel yet.
This is one of the Reasons way there is some issues with the latest VBox for the 2.8 at this point of time.
Admin-Amir

Postby TheeMahn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:51 am

2hot6ft2 wrote:I doubt that anyone has tried a usb install yet to find out so let us know how it goes then we can tell you what you found out. ;)
Like Thee said he doesn't recommend installing it, by that I believe he means as your day to day OS. Personally when I run betas or in this case an alpha I install it and click advanced on the last page of the installer and make it NOT install grub then I boot into my stable Ultimate Edition and run
Code: Select all
sudo update-grub

to add it to the grub menu that way I stay in control of the boot menu if the beta goes down the drain for some reason.
;)

That is the only way I install, USB to SSD. I would have 10,000 coasters laying around here otherwise ;)
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Postby Niteflyte2 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:23 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
2hot6ft2 wrote:I doubt that anyone has tried a usb install yet to find out so let us know how it goes then we can tell you what you found out. ;)
Like Thee said he doesn't recommend installing it, by that I believe he means as your day to day OS. Personally when I run betas or in this case an alpha I install it and click advanced on the last page of the installer and make it NOT install grub then I boot into my stable Ultimate Edition and run
sudo update-grub

to add it to the grub menu that way I stay in control of the boot menu if the beta goes down the drain for some reason.
;)

That is the only way I install, USB to SSD. I would have 10,000 coasters laying around here otherwise ;)

Great way to go, although I must admit to acquiring a sizeable coaster collection back in the day. ;)

Thanks TheeMahn and very much appreciated for the latest Alpha, <BREW>

Toshiba QOSMIO X875 3D Laptop
Intel Core i7 3610QM 4 Cores 8 Threads
nVidia Geforce GTX 670M 3GB 1500MB GDDR5
750GB Hybrid HD - 1TB SATA-3 HD
External USB 3.0 HD - 4 X 3TB Seagate
17.3" TruBrite 120HZ Display
46" 120Hz 3D HDTV HDMI Display
Kingston 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
Blu-ray Disc Rewriteable

There is no greater religion than a truth
Niteflyte2
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby maxmojo53 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:11 am

Hey TheeMan,

Releasing this alpha was a great idea. I had a spare partition so I even installed it. I usually keep 2 versions of Ultimate Edition on my box anyway. One I keep kind of "stock" for important work and one I tweak the hell out of. By the way, this doesn't act like an alpha, it's way too stable. The only issue I've noticed was some deamon I never heard of crashing and that didn't seem to affect anything. This is what I love about UE- you always give us something new to mess around with. BTW I read what that dick Steven wrote on your blog. Some people just don't get it.

This deserves another one of my incredibly generous donations. (Okay maybe not "incredibly generous", but maybe you could enjoy an imported six-pack for a change) <BREW>

max
Core 2 Quad Q9400
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Nvidia GTS 250 1024
2-500gb SATA, 1-260gb SATA, 1- 500gb Free Agent
8gb Corsair mem. Happague PVR-150 TV Capture card
Ultimate Edition 2.9 64, Windows 7
maxmojo53
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Killer boi » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:25 am

the only problem I've encountered with Ultimate Edition 2.8 Alpha/Beta would be my graphics, I love having the eye candy, I went and downloaded the ATI drivers from the ATI site, installed them, but for some reason I cannot use the eye candy, and with that webpages have that choppy thing when being scrolled on. (I did install it but I did so on my hard drive that does not have things that I would like to hold onto) I am currently upgrading via "sudo apt-get upgrade" and crossing my fingers that it will help

it did not improve it, the graphics still have the problem and i cannot install the AMD/ATI drivers from the hardware drivers installer thing. I have installed the driers from the AMD site but I cannot get the effects to work
Desktop
AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5ghz
16gb intel extreme ram @ 1866mhz
AMD R9 390
2x 21.5" Gateway 1080p screen
Ultimate Edition 4.6 64-bit, Sabayon 15.11 64-bit, Windows 10 x64

Laptop
Intel n3540, quad core 2.16ghz
4gigs of ram
intel HD graphics
Windows 10 64-bit
Killer boi
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby Admin-Amir » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:59 am

Hello Killer boi.

you will need to use this Repo to add to your source list,
and you will have to Delete the old one in your source list.
Then open terminal and Update/Upgrade your system.
This will Update your Video Card (in the Update on the terminal /After you will Restart your machine).
Yesterday I had the Update After I have Update my system in the terminal (I do the Update every day,After any Restart of my machine).
This is the right way to get the machine to be Up to date.

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates/ubuntu maverick main

The xserver 1.8 will be soon Release on the main Update.
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8