Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Postby TheeMahn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:03 pm

This is not intended for the common user it is an Alpha, this means it is far from stable & has many bugs. Booting Live is O.k. for any user. Installing it on the other hand is a new story. Expect problems, not so much in installing it. There are a number of issues I am fully aware of Xorg issues for example.

The python issues are for the most part solved by adding all repos including proposed and updating / upgrading. Please understanding using these repositories, there is a good chance you can break your O/S, with some future update. It did manage to break my Audacious (which was working fine until the upgrade).

Issues are expected. One may wonder who do I file a bug report with using Audacious as an example. Well Audacious, not Ultimate Edition. This release is more to see coming features, there are a ton of issues. The only on that really upsets me personally is Xorg. I hit print screen to take a screenshot there is a 50 /50 chance my machine will just hard reset.

Ubuntu knows the issue is there and intends to do nothing about it until xorg releases a new xorg. So I will be dealing with this issue for some time. Like I said expect problems.

If you would like to take it for a spin feel free to do so:
32 bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ultima ... o/download
MD5SUM: c711bf2fec234737ccf016a7caaca19a

64 bit: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ultima ... o/download
MD5SUM: 5a8136925976f39cd9ce918988802bd6

I just would not suggest installing it.

If you would like to "chat" with other Ultimate Edition testers, please open a terminal and enter the following:
Code: Select all
kvirc irc://irc.freenode.org/UltimateEdition

We may soon have our own IRC network...

07/06/2010: Alpha 2 x86 is uploading, I still have to build x64.

Image Image Image

I have added a ton of themes, 103 total, a few new programs brought to my attention over IRC. 113 updates were pre-installed. New python bugs are creeping, so once again I suggest you do not install it. I personally have witnessed issues mounting USB drives, but have worked around them. This is not a stable release, please feel free to burn it to a disk and test it. I highly suggest not installing it.
Home of Ultimate Edition. Got a question? Please review the F.A.Q. Browse the How to section.

Main O/S: Builder of O/S Guess.
Mainboard: ASUS Hero VI (AM4)
CPU: AMD 1700X water cooled (Deepcool Captain Genome Cooling tower)
Ram: 16 GB GSkill Trident RGB Series Dual Channel DDR4 3200
Video: MSI RX470 8GB Gaming card.
Hard Disks: MASSIVE on the network.(10 Gigabit, 48 port, multiple servers)
Monitors: Dual 4K 43" LG, 4K Samsung 28"
750 Watt modular PSU (Rosswell)
1100 Watt Amp & 4 X 600 Watt speakers

Servers in the basement.
TheeMahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok a couple of questions!Is it able to be installed on a USB stick to run or should I put another SATA drive in to install to and unplug my normal SATA I boot from.Been looking at SSD drives since you made your post about them ,might buy one in the next month or two and try out.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby geppettvs » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:21 pm

32 bit disc image already downloaded. Let's start the test tomorrow. I have to sleep now. I will inform asap. Take care, ciao.
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
(formerly known as "LeMagnifique!")
Life's a bitch... then you die...
http://geppettvs.x10.mx
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13
2 GB Kingston 667Mhz DDR2 DIMM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT Sparkle (1024MB)

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
3xSATA Western Digital 500GB
1xSATA SONY DVD RW AD-7240S
1xSATA Blu-Ray ATAPI BD O DH4O3S
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with
+++1xTOSHIBA 40GB 2.5" HDD
=>IT/ITE8212 Dual channel ATA RAID controller (+4 IDE Support)
+++3xSamsung 80GB IDE HDD
+++1xWestern Digital 360GB IDE HDD

ATI TvWonder TvTuner and *NEW* Pinnacle PCTV
Bamboo MTE-450 Pointing system

1xBLAZAR Power Supply 24Pin
+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:24 pm

I doubt that anyone has tried a usb install yet to find out so let us know how it goes then we can tell you what you found out. ;)
Like Thee said he doesn't recommend installing it, by that I believe he means as your day to day OS. Personally when I run betas or in this case an alpha I install it and click advanced on the last page of the installer and make it NOT install grub then I boot into my stable Ultimate Edition and run
Code: Select all
sudo update-grub

to add it to the grub menu that way I stay in control of the boot menu if the beta goes down the drain for some reason.
;)
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Postby DarkSoul_DST » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Ok I see everyone either downloading and running the 32 bit I always run the 64 bits since my system runs 64 bit fine.Is there a reason no one runs the 64 bit or is the 32 bit easier to work with.
MotherBoard Asrock Alive NF7G-HD720p Rev5.0 NVIDIA® GeForce 7050 / nForce 630A MCP Chipsets
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4350 1 GB Graphics Card HD435XZAH2
Disabled Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce7 Series (NV44) DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0, Max. shared memory 256MB
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ Ready
RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Black Edition Processor Model ADO5000DSWOF
HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OS UE2.5 64 bit
OS UE2.6 64 bit
DarkSoul_DST
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby JOHNNYG » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:54 pm

DarkSoul_DST wrote:Ok I see everyone either downloading and running the 32 bit I always run the 64 bits since my system runs 64 bit fine.Is there a reason no one runs the 64 bit or is the 32 bit easier to work with.

By all means run the 64 bit ! <BREW> I run 64 bit and it is smoke'n ! <BREW> :D Lots of people still run 32 bit rigs as 64 bit has only recently come of age ! ;)
JOHNNYG
Ultimate Eddiction<
Ultimate Edition STUDIO
Ultimate-E
Onyx 64
Pentium 4 processor
2x512 Kingston DDR memory
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig
Maxtor Maxline 80 gig, Split for testing only !
Maxtor Diamondmax 500 gig, Storage
Booting 8 OS's, No MS !
ATI 9600 series (RV350 AQ)graphics card
Sony DVD/CD Rewritable Drive DOUBLE LAYER DRU-820A/Sony DRU-800A CD DVD±RW Dual DVD Recorder
Team Leader at
http://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/
JOHNNYG
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby stanca » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:21 am

Me too!It's like a stable release already. ;) :) <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby geppettvs » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am

DarkSoul_DST wrote:Ok I see everyone either downloading and running the 32 bit I always run the 64 bits since my system runs 64 bit fine.Is there a reason no one runs the 64 bit or is the 32 bit easier to work with.

De este lado estoy probando la version de 32 bits, porque no todas mis computadoras son de 64 bits. Mi prueba ahora es acerca de un Bundle Intel Atom D410PT (2GB=1 Nucleo, 1x400 SATA HDD). Voy a instalarlo como el sistema base y vamos a ver que tan "inestable" y "conflictivo" puede llegar ser.

This side just trying the 32bit as not all my computers are 64bits capable. My test is now about a D410PT Intel Atom Bundle (2GB=1Core, 1x400 SATA HDD). I am going to Install it as the base system, then let's see how "unstable" and "buggy" this can be.

Saludos! // Greetings!
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby geppettvs » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:33 am

DarkSoul_DST wrote:Ok a couple of questions!Is it able to be installed on a USB stick to run or should I put another SATA drive in to install to and unplug my normal SATA I boot from.Been looking at SSD drives since you made your post about them ,might buy one in the next month or two and try out.

En el pasado he instalado Ultimate Edition 2.5 en un disco duro USB, usando un adaptador de cable USB a IDE, de hecho, es una imagen del dvd, instalada en el disco duro, y asi lo puedo usar para instalar mis computadoras. Tambien lo llevo conmigo para usarlo en modo "live session", me parece que es un poco mas rapido que el dvd. Pero no lo he instalado aun en un disco duro USB como sistema base.

In the past I have installed Ultimate Edition 2.5 in a USB hard disk drive, using a USB to IDE cable adaptor, in fact, it's a dvd image installed in the HDD, so i can use it for installing my computers. I also carry it up in order to use it as "live session", I think it is faster than the DVD. But I haven't yet installed into a USB hard disk drive as the base system.

Tengo dos computadoras base, una en casa y otra en el trabajo. Mi intencion al instalarlo en un disco duro USB es poder llegar a casa y trabajar como si estuviera en mi oficina y viceversa sin tener que mantener dos sistemas distintos.

I have two base computers, one at home and other at work. My intention is install in a USB hard disk drive in order to be able to get at home and work as I do at office and vice-versa with the need to maintain two different systems.

Desconozco los problemas que pudiera enfrentar al hacer esto porque las dos computadoras tienen algunos recursos distintos. Espero no tener tantos problemas con eso.

I don't know how many problems can I face by doing this because of the two computers are having several different resources. I hope not to have lots of problems doing so.

El unico intento que hice para instalarlo en una memoria USB, fracaso pues aunque si iniciaba el proceso de arranque, jamas terminaba de cargar. En esta nueva version hare un intento de instalar en una memoria USB, aunque no le encuentro mucha utilidad.

The only attempt I've made to install in a USB memory failed. The system started the boot process but never finish the load. This time I am going to try installing in a USB memory, but I yet don't find that useful at all.
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby geppettvs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:30 pm

Bien, durante algunos dias no habia podido iniciar mis pruebas de esta excelente distribucion de Ultimate Edition 2.8, primeramente debido a que equivocadamente me habia descargado la imagen de la version 2.7 en lugar de la 2.8, se atraveso el fin de semana, etc.

Well, for some days I couldn't run my test for this excellent distribution of Ultimate Edition 2.8, mainly because of I erroneously downloaded the disc image for the 2.7 version instead of the 2.8, the weekend and these things.

Ya he realizado algunas pruebas en modo "Live Session" y de instalacion y no he encontrado "tantos problemas" como en realidad esperaba. Si acaso un par de cosas que, me parece, se resuelven actualizando el sistema o especificamente actualizando el programa que presenta las fallas.

I have already ran some tests in "Live Session" mode and an install and I found not "lots of problems" as I was expecting. The most a couple of things which I think can be solved by updating the system or more specifically, updating the program that is having the problem.

Pueden ver algunas imagenes de las pruebas del "Live Session" en el siguiente link:
We can see a few images of the "Live session" test clicking on the next link:

Ultimate Edition 2.8 Live Session

Y las imagenes de mi proceso de instalacion y algunas pruebas iniciales en el siguiente link:
And the images of the install process and some initial tests can be reached by clicking on the next link:

Ultimate Edition 2.8 Install

En cuanto a la instalacion, basicamente no he encontrado problemas para instalar. Si a caso me atrevo a decir que ha sido la instalacion mas rapida y sencilla que he visto en mi poco tiempo usando linux (apenas desde la version 9.04 Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio y Ultimate Edition)

About the install, basically I found no problems to install. The most I dare to say this has been the faster and easier install that I have seen in my whole linux usage. (scarcely from the 9.04 version of Ubuntu, Ubuntu Studio y Ultimate Edition)

Para instalar estoy usando la imagen cargada en un disco duro IDE de 2.5" con un adaptador de cable USB a IDE. Toda la instalacion ha tomado todo lo mas unos 10 minutos despues del resumen previo a la instalacion.

In order to install I am using the disc image loaded into a 2.5" IDE hard disk drive with a USB-to-IDE cable adaptor. The whole install has used the most 10 minutes after the pre-install resume.

El componente que estoy usando es un Intel Atom D410PT Motherboard con Microprocesador soldado, 2 GB RAM Kingston, Disco duro Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 de 400 GB. DVD RW Sony con una fuente de poder de 500W en un gabinete BTO Generico.

The component used for the test is an Intel Atom D410PT Motherboard with welding Microprocessor, 2 GB Kingston RAM, 400 GB Seagate Barracuda Hard Disk Drive 7200.8. DVD RW Sony with a main source as of 500W in a generic BTO case.

El arranque me parece en si un poco mas lento que la version que actualmente uso (Ultimate Edition 2.5) Pero tiene lo rescatable de que, en el momento que arranca, se encuentra lista para la accion.

The boot is -for me- slower than my current version (Ultimate Edition 2.5) But it is good as when finishes the boot is ready for the action.

No he probado muchas cosas, puedo solo reportar que la terminal ocasionalmente se apaga (cierre repentino), al momento de configurar cosas como la transparencia y color del fondo. A mi en lo personal me agrada usar la terminal "Yakuake", misma que se desenvuelve de forma bastante eficiente y sin problemas (hasta ahora).

I couldn't test lots of things today, but I can just inform that the terminal is ocasionally shutting down (sudden close), when setting up things like transparency and background color. It's my choice using "Yakuake", which is having a very efficient performance and without problems (til now)

La configuracion de las conexiones de red han sido de lo mas sencillo, la instalacion de todos los dispositivos de este componente ha sido satisfactoria.

Ethernet connections has been the easiest, installing all the devices of this component has been satisfactory.

Esta prueba no ha sido del todo exhaustiva, y me parece que esta entrega incluye muy pocos programas. (Comparado con la entrega de la version 2.5). Pero supongo que eso es algo en lo que ya estan trabajando.

This test hasn't been so rigurous, and I think this release is including just a few programs (Compared with the release of the version 2.5). But I guess you are already working on it.

Voy a seguir realizando unas pruebas con cosas un poco mas elaboradas, como la instalacion de otro software (no incluido en la version 2.5 ni en la 2.8 y que a mi en lo personal me resultan utiles). Y posteriormente les informare.

I will continue running some tests with a more developed things, such as installing other software (not included even in the 2.5 version of Ultimate Edition, and useful for me). And I will give you an inform later.

Reciban un cordial saludo // Greetings all you
Geppettvs! The Nuvogger
Gear:

Intel DG965SS Based MB
Intel Core2Duo 2.13

1×IDE Samsung 80 GB HDD
1xUSB BTO HDD Case with

+++2xMOLEX
++++4 Dividers
+++2xSATA
geppettvs
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate