Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Help and support for Ultimate Edition 2.8

Re: Ultimate Edition 2.8 has been dropped.

Postby Slopoke » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 am

I've downloaded the 64 Ultimate2.8. I have such good luck with2.7 and am delighted with my system; I've decided to give 2.8 a go. I have downloaded the iso from this forum twice. Burned the image to dvd. It seems it dosent want to run past the 'choose language' option. Have tried VMbox, Qemulator, and running live from boot from dvd drive. I downloaded twice to try and make sure no packets were dropped. What am I missing? I am so totally delighted with our Linux system at home I wish to try 2.8. Could some one run me through the installation in case I'm missing something. Have never had any trouble installing any Linux after 'killing' Win/7.
Pat me on the back! I have converted five of my friends to Ubuntu 10.04 and one is running Ultimate Edition 2.7. The world will know! PS looking through the downloads again noticed a newer version. Downing it now and see what happens. hope works, Ultimate addict already.
Dell/Intel Ultimate Edition 5.0 W/7 and MATE 16.10 2 HHD 80G and 250G Grub.
Slopoke
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 64 BIT

Postby Slopoke » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Blackwolf wrote:Howdy Slopoke....welcome.....just remember that 2.8 Alpha 1 /2 are just that, Alphas & not recommended to use on a standalone machine.

Glad you got rid of that other O/S though ;)

See how you go-if you need help-we are here to do just that. :D

Been using Ubuntu since last year. Works really well even for family. Jumped on Ultimate 2.7 when I saw it in distros and it's worked really well. Gotten used to the terminal. Sort of fun. Any way I was going to run 2.8 on VMbox or live to check it out. I can't seem to get it to burn an install/live dvd. Maybe lost something in downloads. (Tried twice, One today) Not sure what the trouble. Xfburn dosen't seem to finish the burn, or the download is corrupted. Frustrating, really wanted to check it out. It goes as far as install options and just stays there. I'll keep after it.
Slopoke
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby 2hot6ft2 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 pm

TheeMahn wrote:
2hot6ft2 wrote:I doubt that anyone has tried a usb install yet to find out so let us know how it goes then we can tell you what you found out. ;)
Like Thee said he doesn't recommend installing it, by that I believe he means as your day to day OS. Personally when I run betas or in this case an alpha I install it and click advanced on the last page of the installer and make it NOT install grub then I boot into my stable Ultimate Edition and run
Code: Select all
sudo update-grub

to add it to the grub menu that way I stay in control of the boot menu if the beta goes down the drain for some reason.
;)

That is the only way I install, USB to SSD. I would have 10,000 coasters laying around here otherwise ;)

I didn't mean using a usb startup disk... :lol: I meant installing TO a usb flash drive, as in a full install to usb which gave me fits with 2.7 Karmic for some reason. I should have made that more clear, I can see that now. ;) I was just doing it as a learning experience and for the shock effect it would have on people.
You would have at least 10,000 coasters easy. ;)
<BREW>
HP G60-125NR - AMD Turion X2 64 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
HP G60-121WM - AMD Sempron SI-40 - nVidia GeForce 8200M G - 128 GB SSD - Dual boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro
Custom build, Rosewill Challenger ATX Gaming Case, AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 rev., MSI 870A-G54, 2x ATI HD4850 512MB /256bit GDDR3 & dual precision, GSkill 8GB 1600 RAM - Multi boot - Ultimate Edition, Win 10 Pro, Beta Testing
2hot6ft2

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby vvxifeng16 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 pm

I have tested this software, and very successful
vvxifeng16
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am

I looked at the Alpha 1 a little... I think I am going to wait until the release, now that I don't have a laptop to play with I want to be a little more conservative.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Admin-Amir » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:32 am

Hello PPL.

Please do not try to install the Alpha on VBox,OR any other virtual software.
The software will not support the installation because there is no package yet for 10.10
So if you want to install the system - install it on your HDD as system.
Admin-Amir

Postby Slopoke » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Slopoke wrote:
Blackwolf wrote:Howdy Slopoke....welcome.....just remember that 2.8 Alpha 1 /2 are just that, Alphas & not recommended to use on a standalone machine.

Glad you got rid of that other O/S though ;)

See how you go-if you need help-we are here to do just that. :D

Been using Ubuntu since last year. Works really well even for family. Jumped on Ultimate 2.7 when I saw it in distros and it's worked really well. Gotten used to the terminal. Sort of fun. Any way I was going to run 2.8 on VMbox or live to check it out. I can't seem to get it to burn an install/live dvd. Maybe lost something in downloads. (Tried twice, One today) Not sure what the trouble. Xfburn dosen't seem to finish the burn, or the download is corrupted. Frustrating, really wanted to check it out. It goes as far as install options and just stays there. I'll keep after it.

More changes: Since I use this unit to experiment I've changed it to Maverick, 'rat' (lol) 10.10 alpha 2. Oh boy we're havin fun. I want to stick in Ultimate 2.8 Alpha but wont start. As before. Got any suggestions? More fun! Downloaded last distro avaliable Alpha 2, burned to disc. Funfun!
Slopoke
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Hello Funfun Slopoke :D :D

you need to install the "mount manager" / "USB mount".
Those 2 packages will get your stick to be mount.
Have fun ;)
Admin-Amir

Postby Slopoke » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Fun fun more. We're running now after two installs. first install worked until I ran 3hundred some Mg's of ubdates. Then black screen dead. So I reinstall and don't do the updates. works fine for now. Something about the new Kernel that was updated. Flashes too fast to read. I did see "see dmesg" whatever that is. So I'm gonna run this way till I figure what was in updates that killed me. I believe it was the new Kernel. (suffix 8). graphics driver went without hitch. Sound works great. Web cam (cheese) works great. This was lastest download I could find 2.4 G. so any way works great out of box. W/out upgdates And I'm not using that Tweak thing again. It has screwed up every version I've used.
Slopoke
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby Admin-Amir » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Hello Slopoke.

First look on my post from now , it can help you Understand some of the issues that you have faced Today.
About the Kernel and what was it = you work on the Virtual Kernel = Not Released Kernel.
And the 2 lines that that you have Sean were the path of the Virtual Kernel BOOT.
So no worry about it I have it the same in the BOOT process 2 times.
About Ubuntu Tweak,It is OK to use the software - just do not Clean packages/do not use the Cleaning process.
Use the package for 10.10,just to install software,add sources,and configure the system +install sample Compiz by click on the option (it will download for you the package& install it on your machine).
But let me Advice you on the Video Card installation something.
After you have installed the system on your machine and back to your Desktop.
1- configure synaptic.
2- Refresh U.E icon.
3- configure your Firewall, and start the firewall.
4- download the Ubuntu Tweak package for 10.10 and install it,then Refresh the software window,then the 3 party.
5- install the Driver for your Video Card.

Good Luck.
Admin-Amir

PreviousNext

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.8