Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Make Gnome Boxes work for you!

Post your How to's here

Make Gnome Boxes work for you!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Yes is me one of the most stubborn people on earth! Recently, I tried Gnome Boxes and was at first disappointed. Size is great, but no access to CD/DVD drives or USB. Just riding off the image! Great news for those that want to use it for school or other things. Here's a great trick. Now say you need to run Windoze, as I do for school. You need to have Office 2010 or 2012 on Win7 or Win8! What you do is first image your Windoze disk down with Brasero. Next you need to use Wine as to run PowerISO. Open your Windoze ISO you created with Brasero, then open it with PowerISO. You then need to copy the contents of your Office DVD to a folder. Once you have copied the contents to this folder, I would also suggest whatever else you need to take with you on Gnome Boxes get it all set up to a folder and name it something such as "Extras". Once you have all the items, including Office, click on the add(downward arrow in PowerISO) and add the folder you created to the Windoze ISO. Once it is completed you can then load Windows on Gnome Boxes. After it is loaded, open my computer and you will notice you are running on the image which displays as a disk. Open it up like a normal disk, open your extras(or whatever you name it!) folder and load your programs! Now you will be set to use Gnome Boxes and enjoy the full screen effect of Windoze! Sure is sweet when you are working on your homework that requires all those Office programs and Windoze sites! Unfortunately, ISO Master is not able to read or acknowledge the contents of a Windoze image, but can be used for Linux OS's or others that you would like to take some things with to try inside Gnome Boxes! Just knew there had to be a good trick for it!!! We are also fortunate, Ultimate contains almost all the tools you will need to complete the task, considering Wine runs the best on it!!! Love getting some decent tricks for everyone here!!! You're the best and deserve the best!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Make Gnome Boxes work for you!

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 pm

Did not mention as had not tried before I wrote this, is do not do this with linux ISO's. Neither method will work ISO Master or PowerISO since Gnome Boxes looks for the md5checksums on Linux ISO's. Also have to watch the size on those Windoze images. You can after you have installed the image and say Office 2012, then go back and remove the Office 2012 folder from the image via PowerISO. Gnome boxes will still recognize the image and run it no problem. I had to do that with my own as size was almost 5gigs. I then removed Office 2010 from the image. When I started the Windoze image on Gnome Boxes moved at normal speed and the programs are still installed within the image. Just make sure you install the needed program before removing from the image! Have read upgrades are coming in version 3.8 of Gnome Boxes which will enhance the usability, but til then we have to compensate for what is not yet working! Hopefully this all helps for all readers using Gnome Boxes. In the event I learn more will post ASAP!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Return to How To's (Do not post questions please)