Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Gaming,Wine,and sound

Post your How to's here

Gaming,Wine,and sound

Postby Bnjamin_Breeg » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Okay I've been playing around with Wine a lot here of late. This journey began with me installing Fallout 3. Everything went smoothly. Ever now and then it would freeze,understandable it happens to the best of us. So I decided to give Fallout 4 New Vegas a run. Got it up and running, would be in combat, lose sound and then get the big screw you. Everything would freeze. Well this went on for a few days, sound loss was always the prelude to the freeze. So now in my somewhat odd way of thinking, I decided hey this has got to be an issue with my audio drivers. So the first thing I do is rip Pulse Audio out. I mean totally purged it from my system. Set ALSA as default. Fired up my game and all my problems go away.
Since then I have tried a few other things. I watch Montreal Canadians live streaming. But I needed to install a stand alone program(Sopcast). Installed it through Wine and so far no issues. Now one of my regular repair jobs(this guy uses microslop) Uses a program call mp3rocket. I tried it out the other day using Wine and it can't find Flash. So I'm still working on getting this up and running. The main reason for all of this is that, When I switch people over for the first time to Ultimate Edition. I have noticed that, they want to know if they can run certain programs. Ones they are familiar with. I usually show them the Ultimate Edition equivalent. But it is also nice to know which things work in wine.
Okay, this is getting lengthy. To wrap this up I will put together a list of games and such. That work and any known issues I find. And any fixes. Up the Irons :twisted:
Main O/S: Ultimate Edition 3.5 with a custom Iron Maiden theme
Mainboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Ram:6Gb:Kingston DDR2
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Hard Disk:2-250 gig WD Sata II
Writemaster DVD Burner,and a LG DVD Burner
32" Panasonic TV/monitor, SAMSUNG 2243BWX BLACK 22" LCD
Pioneer Amp and receiver with 110 watts per channel x4
Bnjamin_Breeg
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Gaming,Wine,and sound

Postby pch.shot » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I don't game, but a list of working games would be nice for everyone else.
Systems Windows XP Pro 32 bit & various Linux in Virtual Box and VMWare Player
Intel i7 2600K cpu with built in Intel 3000 video
1 OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig ssd(System)
1 Western Digital 2 Terabyte Green internal hard drive(Storage)
Kingston ddr3 1333 ram(4 gig)
MSI Z68A-GD80(G3)mobo w/hdmi video and optical audio
Realtek HD audio
Realtek lan
1 LG sata optical drive
Antec Sonata IV case/620 watt psu
50 inch LG plasma tv/monitor
Sony surround sound amp
Axiom speakers
optical sound
pch.shot
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Postby Bnjamin_Breeg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:39 pm

Ok, here is the start of my list.
GAMES:
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas
Doom
Torchlight
Starcraft & Starcraft 2

SOFTWARE:
Pokerstars
Sopcast (is for live streaming TV)

Sorry there isn't more right now. But my new GF takes up a lot of my time.(She hates :evil: for me to be online with her here.)
So I will add more from time to time, just keep checking back.
Main O/S: Ultimate Edition 3.5 with a custom Iron Maiden theme
Mainboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Ram:6Gb:Kingston DDR2
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4200
Hard Disk:2-250 gig WD Sata II
Writemaster DVD Burner,and a LG DVD Burner
32" Panasonic TV/monitor, SAMSUNG 2243BWX BLACK 22" LCD
Pioneer Amp and receiver with 110 watts per channel x4
Bnjamin_Breeg
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby onosendai58 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:03 am

Good idea for a topic. I use Windows for gaming, myself. You know the old saying, Everything Just Works (TheeMahn), but for others that don`t this will be helpful.
I love Ultimate Edition & Oz Unity
onosendai58
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Return to How To's (Do not post questions please)