Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

How To Fix Video Tearing When Using ATI fglrx drivers

Post your How to's here

How To Fix Video Tearing When Using ATI fglrx drivers

Postby Hawks-SOAD » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:18 am

hey guys just a short but sweet tutorial on getting no video tear when using the ati restricted drivers , i tested this in Ultimate Edition 2.8 with 10.12 ATI divers and i get no video tear at all when playing 1080p Videos :)

ok first off install your drivers as usual System>Administration>additional drivers or from the AMD website
once they are installed reboot , open up the catalyst control centre and enable vsync refresh always on
df.png

once that is done you can close it , go into mplayer or smplayer go to preferences>video and change it to opengl (in my case it was just "gl" using smplayer) now you can load your video with no tear :)
enjoy <BREW>
My Rig
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz
His Ati Radeon 5770 (one more to go)
4gb of Kingston 9905403-011.A03LF ddr 3 ram
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 Hd Audio
Esata
Realtek RTL8168C/8111C PCI-E
250gb samsung sata 2.0 HDD
1 TB Seagate HDD

"walk softly and carry a big gun"
"life is only as hard as you make it to be"
"Ultimate Edition 2.8 is Ubuntu on steroids; lots and lots of steroids. You pretty much get it all with this badboy of a distro"
Currently dual booting :D Ultimate Edition and Windoze 7

Hawks-SOAD

Operating System: Other Linux

Re: How To Fix Video Tearing When Using ATI fglrx drivers

Postby pclinuxguru » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I use the FGLRX with dual 5870,s and get no tearing when I use v sync always on and dragon player.

Never needed to mess with any other drivers.

curious why your getting tearing .
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Return to How To's (Do not post questions please)