Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Install or Upgrade to Firefox 3.5 RC2 in Ubuntu

Post your How to's here

Re: Install or Upgrade to Firefox 3.5 RC2 in Ubuntu

Postby stanca » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:05 pm

It is working fine to me,the only problem is that it can't work with the globalmenu gnome panel applet together because of a bug. <BREW>
Intel H61 ASrock H61M-VS Motherboard,
Cpu Intel Ci3 13-2100 3.10Ghz 64bit 3MB Box,
RAM 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Elixir,
Palit Nvidia Geforce 210 1GB DDR3 PCI-E.
Dual-boot Ultimate Edition 3.4 x86_64/Windows 8 x64.
Linux user # 492560.
"This is Linux land!In silent nights you can hear Windows machines rebooting!..."
http://www.youtube.com/user/laur1969 http://stanca-ultimateeditionromania.blogspot.com/#

stanca
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby clicktician » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:24 pm

Thanks! It's a lot more stable than I thought it would be.
clicktician
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Driver » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:26 am

I had Shiretoko installed alongside Firefox for a while so as to have a stable version to fall back on. Then the update thing happened... And all of a sudden both icons started loading Shiretoko. Never could find the stable (Firefox) version again so for the past two-three(?) weeks I've been using Shiretoko 100% of the time with very few issues - which is surprising for someone who can break an anvil with a rubber mallet :lol: .

Twice the browser just disappeared (crash of the vanishing type) while it was running, but running it again brought back all my tabs. I consider that slightly annoying but not a show-stopper.

It seems that the plug-ins are quickly being approved/modified to work with the 3.5 series although of course not all of them will work with it at this point. AdBlock Plus (fantastic ad-blocker) works, as do the DownloadPlus (downloads streaming web video from Youtube and "Youtube-like" (many) sites), Flagfox (displays the flag of the country that the webpage's server is located in), Google Preview (shows thumbnail of the pages returned in Google/Yahoo searches), and ubuntuusers Menu 1.1.0 (adds a menu for easy navigation on ubuntuusersDOTde and the Engllish language official Ubuntu forums)all seem to work well without causing any noticeable instabilities.

Shortly I will add Fab Tabs (colorizes tabs but samples each web page for its prominent color for easier association), FirefoxNotify (integrates download complete messages into the system pop-up information messages), Strata Reloaded (some visual theme), and met.a (saves web site meta data, address, and any highlighted text in saved image files) to what I've already got and see if I hear any rattles.

By the way, I'm still getting used to the fact that in the linux OS one may see a stable release version, an RC version, and a beta one that carries a higher version number all at the same time. I just checked and mine is version 3.5.4pre; how close is that in steps to the RC2 version? And I'm already seeing discussion of 3.6beta versions. This is better than having to choose between solid but dull or awesome features that are all broken (lol) - but it is a little confusing. :roll:
Driver "Driving you over the edge..."

Laptop: HP dv6226 - T2250 1.7gHz Pentium Dual-Core, 1gig, Intel (non-)graphics, Mint 14 Xfce 32-bit, MS Windows Vista Premium DOA
Desktop: Old AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.792gHz, 1.256gig, nVidia 5200fx 128meg, a new used hard drive awaiting an OS
Camera: Nikon Coolpix 3200 (MIA)
Printer/Scanner/Fax/Copier: Epson Artisan 810 (Awesome & works in linux!)
Phone: Defy XT Android no-contract $19/mo. unlimited talk/text/data (thanks, Republic Wireless!)
Scanner: Radio Shack PRO-2042 made by GRE (STOLEN - thief, I've got a bullet with your name on it)
Driver
U.E. College Professor
U.E. College Professor

Operating System: Other Linux

Return to How To's (Do not post questions please)