Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

POST QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON THE DEBIAN INSTALL GUIDE HERE

Post your How to's here

Re: POST QUESTIONS/COMMENTS ON THE DEBIAN INSTALL GUIDE HERE

Postby SaddleTramp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Lookit what I did!!!
OhYeah!.png
WhosYaDaddy!.png
Drama#1.png
Got_R_Dun.png
NuffSaid!.png
...and I don't EVEN have to tell ya that IS Debian running and all this and CONNECTED too!!!

Now all I gotta do is edit the How-to over there with how I did it ... huh Drama LOL

Thanks bro'...all the info you provided and everything finally clicking in the ol' graymatter paid off!!!

EDIT 2300: Drama: I'm going to rewrite the 'How-to' you provided me and make the changes that got me going...then I'll post it and you can review it, then if all is ok, incorporate it as an (appendix maybe?!?) into your full blown how-to...I will label this that it is "strictly" for USB modems such as mine and that it does NOT apply to any other wireless devices...reason being is that I did NOT install 'wpagui' or 'pcmciautils' (I will include a note for laptop users that they will want to install these 2 pkgs also)...I will also include a 'Part' for installing the nVidia drivers...that be alright with you??
3 Rules: 1. Research; 2. Read; 3. Repeat 1 & 2
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Samsung 250GB SATA, WD 320GB SATA, WD 500GB 'GREEN' SATA
TSST DVDRW 16X DL; ASUS DRW-2014S1 DVDRW/DL 20X
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Postby tuxsax » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:38 am

you two guys are doing an exceptional job! At the end I'll be able to install a full blown working debian lightning fast and light weighted!
Thanks!
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Beta Tester

Postby SaddleTramp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:42 am

tuxsax wrote:you two guys are doing an exceptional job! At the end I'll be able to install a full blown working debian lightning fast and light weighted!
Thanks!

You can betcha yer "last mule ride down the Grand Canyon" on that!!! ;) <BREW> <BREW>
HP Pavilion a1700n; Asus A8M2N-LA; AMD Athlon X2 3800+ 2GHz; 2GB DDR2 PC2-5300 Mem; nForce 430 Chipset
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby drama » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Sounds all good to me saddle. Glad it finally worked and stayed connected. Was a very mind boggleing situation. What ended up happening that allowed you to stay connected? Was it actually pulling sh*t out that it wasnt supposed to like i had suspected?
ULTIMATE EDITION 2.5 X64/ARCHLINUX X64 DUAL BOOT
Antec 900two case
3 antec 120mm tri cool blue led fans (1 rear exaust 2 front intake)
1 antec 220mm "bigboy" tri cool blue led fan (top exaust)
Amd Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Am3 Cpu OC'D @ 4.2 Rev C3
MSI NF980-G65 Am3 Socket DDR3 Tri-sli ATX Mainboard
Nvidia 980A Sli Chipset
Corsair 2GB Dual Channel ram (1GBx2) DDR3 @ 1600 MHZ
EVGA Nvidia GTS-250 1GB PCI Express Graphics Card
Lite-On Dual Layer Sata Dvd Burner
3x 1TB Seagate Sata Hdd's 32Mb cache
ASUS VH235 23 Inch Lcd Wide Screen Monitor
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700Watt Psu
Rosewill 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 Card Reader w/ Floppy Drive
drama
U.E. Master
U.E. Master

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 am

drama wrote:Sounds all good to me saddle. Glad it finally worked and stayed connected. Was a very mind boggleing situation. What ended up happening that allowed you to stay connected? Was it actually pulling sh*t out that it wasnt supposed to like i had suspected?

I don't think so now...what I think was happening was by doing the "keep-all" deal, it wasn't letting those pkgs get updated with the rest of the updates coming in...I went back and used 'aptitude' instead of 'apt-get', and then just for the hell of it decided not to do the 'keep-all'. Before that step, since I'm on a desktop, I elected not to install wpagui and pcmciautils. I did everything else, at the end I set the repos that you had listed, let the updates come thru, rebooted, and BANG, I could still connect. I also went back and went ahead and installed wpagui & pcmciautils just to see if that would cost me my connection. They installed and I STILL had my connection. That leaves me to believe it was the 'keep-all' deal that was the problem. I've kept notes on everything I've done, so I can change what I think needs to be changed, while also adding notes where need be. I'll go ahead and edit the procedures where all this applies and will highlight the changes so you can see what I did...

Without your help I would have never gotten this far... thanks bro', I'm looking forward now into getting into some more of Debian!!!
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Postby SaddleTramp » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Drama: For the nvidia install, I went by this How-to: http://desiato.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/ ... howto.html ..I think it would be easier to just post Sorensen's How-to and give reference to him...I didn't have any problems whatsoever with his How-to and I believe it to be the most up-to-date...and he is the Assistant Package manager now for the nVidia pkg...
GeForce GT220 1gb PCIE16
Sound Blaster Audigy2
Ultimate Edition 2.4 x64
SaddleTramp
U.E. God
U.E. God

Previous

Return to How To's (Do not post questions please)