Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Having trouble with installation

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

Having trouble with installation

Postby heatherlol » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:15 pm

I am having issues with installing Ultimate edition 2.7. I downloaded the iso from this website. Burnt it to a disc, put it in, reboot my computer. In order to boot the live cd I have to hit F6 and select acpi=off. The installation completes without issues but the problem is after I restart the computer it doesn't let me boot up Ultimate edition and screen comes up with all these words and is talking about a kernel. Does anyone know what is going on here?
heatherlol
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Re: Having trouble with installation

Postby pclinuxguru » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:22 pm

had a total of 4 computers do that to me now.

2 of them was GPU based, replaced the GPU with a better/newer model and it worked.

2 of them I had to disable ACPI in "bios" and it booted up to live CD fine.

your problem could be different, but sounds the same.

What are the specs of the system in question?

Tried 2.8 yet or even a older release if it is a older system ?

my laptop and desktop wasn't EVER fully supported by 2.7 but is with 2.8.

The i5 turbo didn't work right and my Intel HD graphics never clocked right with my laptop on 2.7 but do on 2.8.

Desktop lacked cool n quite and turbo core on my hexa core 1090T and the ACPI work with 2.8 and didn't with 2.7 with my 890 FX chip set.

Just a few thoughts for ya there. Will let the ubuntu gods take it from here lol. Still learning this all my self.
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby heatherlol » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:52 am

I tried downloading 2.8 but there isn't any links on this site anywhere, I didn't think it was out yet
heatherlol
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 32 BIT

Postby pclinuxguru » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:55 am

heatherlol wrote:I tried downloading 2.8 but there isn't any links on this site anywhere, I didn't think it was out yet

Released yesterday.

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate-edition-2-8/
pclinuxguru is deceased.R.I.P
pclinuxguru
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ubuntu Gusty Gibson

Postby heatherlol » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks I am going to try it out now!!!
heatherlol
U.E. Newbie