Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

cannot install Ultimate Edition 64-bit side by side with windows7

Help & support for Ultimate Edition 2.7

cannot install Ultimate Edition 64-bit side by side with windows7

Postby yogesh193001 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 am

Hi guys!i downloaded and burnt Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit on a dvd,booted from it..it works well!however,i cannot install it side by side with the windows 7 home premium installed by default on my hp laptop!
I've a hp pavilion dv6!intel core i5,4Gb ram,500gb hard disk,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650,Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD...
im uploading the printscreen of what it shows in the installation!I guess i will have to install it manually!so pleashelp me get Ultimate Edition 2.7 on my laptop!
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
hp pavilion dv6 3075ei notebook pc,intel core i5-450M GHz with turbo boost up to 2.66 GHz,15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED display(1366x768),4096MB DDR3 SDRAM(2 Dimm),500gb(7200RPM) hard disk,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Switchable graphics with 1024MB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory,Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 802.11 b/g/n WLAN & BLUETOOTH, Lightscribe Super Multi 8X DVD +_ RW with double layer support, hp True Vision webcam, Fingerprint reader, 5-in-1 Digital media reader, 6-cell 55Whr Lithium-Ion Battery,windows 7 ultimate 64bit
yogesh193001
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Re: cannot install Ultimate Edition 64-bit side by side with

Postby yogesh193001 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:45 am

i tried to install inside windows,using the wubi thing,but its downloading a version of ubuntu instead of installing the downloaded Ultimate Edition 2.7 64bit!please help me!
hp pavilion dv6 3075ei notebook pc,intel core i5-450M GHz with turbo boost up to 2.66 GHz,15.6" diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED display(1366x768),4096MB DDR3 SDRAM(2 Dimm),500gb(7200RPM) hard disk,ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 Switchable graphics with 1024MB DDR3 dedicated graphics memory,Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 802.11 b/g/n WLAN & BLUETOOTH, Lightscribe Super Multi 8X DVD +_ RW with double layer support, hp True Vision webcam, Fingerprint reader, 5-in-1 Digital media reader, 6-cell 55Whr Lithium-Ion Battery,windows 7 ultimate 64bit
yogesh193001
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby mirchichamu » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:37 am

Why you are having windows vista and windows 7 at a time? It doesn't make any sense to have two of them at a time. Try install on the partition of vista and leave windows 7 intact. You make a small partition in that, ideally twice as RAM i'e 8 GB and the rest you label as /home or /root. Then you will be having dual boot with windows 7 only. But windows vista will remain in boot menu.
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Postby bandario » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:07 am

Just for the record:

At present it is impossible to dual boot windows 7 (using a SLIC bootloader for activation) and linux using GRUB. It simply does not work.

There are 2 ways around this:
1) Use a hacked bios image instead of a bootloader on first partition
2) Keep windows and linux on physically seperate drives and
a)At boot time, go into bios and select which is the primary drive or
b) Physically connect and reconnect the drive to choose which boot to use.

None of this is pretty but that is just the way it is for now unless you want to pay for windows 7; many laptops also use a 100MB bootloader: the hacked SLIC image used on some desktops is simply an emulation of this.

I use XP 64-bit for GAMING ONLY as that is the only reason I have for booting into windows and it dual boots fine.
Please update this thread if you find a way.
bandario
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby yogesh193001 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm

there's no way..i have the hp mini OS plus the windows seven...in all, my 500gb hard disk has 3 partitions..after the shrink in windows was performed,when i open gparted,i see 4 partitions, and one is ulallocated..i cannot make any more partition to install ultimate, as per what the error message tells me when i try to format according to instrucions.... i guess i'll have to wait a bit longer to have my laptop dual boot windows 7 and ultimate edition :cry:
yogesh193001
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Postby mirchichamu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:19 pm

yogesh193001 wrote:there's no way..i have the hp mini OS plus the windows seven...in all, my 500gb hard disk has 3 partitions..after the shrink in windows was performed,when i open gparted,i see 4 partitions, and one is ulallocated..i cannot make any more partition to install ultimate, as per what the error message tells me when i try to format according to instrucions.... i guess i'll have to wait a bit longer to have my laptop dual boot windows 7 and ultimate edition :cry:

Please go here. I was having the same problem but ultimately I succeeded.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5164
mirchichamu
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Return to Ultimate Edition 2.7